SevenStock 20

Meet and Event Information
chickenwafer

SevenStock 20

Postby chickenwafer » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:14

Most rotary guys know about this, but this is the largest rotary/Mazda car show in the world and it happens every year in Southern California around late September/Early October (Dates change). I will update this thread once we know the date.

http://www.sevenstock.org/index.php

Even if you're not driving a Wankel-powered machine (hey, not everyone can be cool :7d056312: ) you're more than welcome to attend. It's quite the Mazda "pilgrimage" with Mazda USA having a very big presence at the show, bringing out LeMans race cars (the 787B and 767B have made several appearances in the past) and with this being the 20th show, there is a legit rumor Mazda may even debut or have a concept car at the show.

So far, I know myself, Eric (Speedjunkie), Matt (Alpha7) are committed to going as well as a few or Eric's friends from the Springs who I don't think are on here.

If anyone is interested in attending we will be caravaning from a central meeting location in Denver to somewhere near the Utah/Nevada border or possibly even Vegas if we can stretch it in one day, then the 2nd driving day to LA the day before the show. Then SS20 is the 3rd day, then it's kinda up in the air what may happen after the show- you can hang out in Southern Cali, or head back home. No concrete plans yet but we'll keep this thread as a living update for it.

SevenStock has a designated hotel that will have group rates/discounts for attendees. You are by no means required to use the hotel but it is strongly encouraged. It is yet to be announced what hotel but they do this every year.

So post up if you're interested, want to chat about it, ask questions, or whatever! I'm sure there will be some seats open, too, if someone needs a ride.

chickenwafer

Re: SevenStock 20

Postby chickenwafer » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:14

Thought I would update and put up for discussion;

There are two possible routes we could take to the LA area. First is the most direct/shortest route which is over I-70 towards Vegas and then LA the second day. This route is the most direct but has the potential for the most adverse weather crossing the Rockies.

The Second route would be heading straight south on I-25 and going through Albuquerque, then swinging over on to Phoenix in a single day, which would be about a 13-14 hour drive. Then Phoenix to LA the 2nd day, which is about the same time and mileage wise as Vegas to LA.

I know Phoenix has a caravan usually for SS trips, I'm guessing Vegas does as well. The Phoenix caravan, at least when I used to go with them, was pretty big at least 10-20 cars deep so it's pretty cool seeing that many rotary cars gathered up.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:14

You all can get 20 rotary cars put together on the front range!

I'm curious about taking a trip that way. No rotary, and I will be out of country the first two weeks of September, then hunting the third week, so timing might suck. My goal would be to hit up one of the hardtop manufacturers in the LA area and having a top installed. Would actually be interested in hitting the race track in Pahrump, NV, but doubt many people would want to join due to concerns of a long trip with some track time intermixed and the whole rotary thing (I kid...kind of).

I'll keep it on the radar though if you don't mind some vtec in the brap group...haha

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:14

Haha, you're more than welcome to join! Your car won't be able to be part of the show, but you can of course caravan with us. My REPU won't be ready to track work yet, but I'd like to hit a drag strip out there to see what it does at sea level vs here at Bandi which I'd run hopefully this summer if it's running by then.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:14

I want to go make a 14 second pass in the S2K at Bandi, so post something up when you are ready to go...only drag strip I've been on is Pueblo, and that was coming out of a corner so I don't think it was a legit pass.

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:14

Are you guys still planning to do this? If so i'll meat up with you.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:14

Highly doubtful for me mr._Good. Though it would be more intriguing if we could go run a track while the rotory guys are doing their thing. I would probably look into trailering though if that was the case.

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:14

Yea if you came out this way, youd have to track to be worth the trip. Even for me, that venue is a drive and going to look at a few cars wouldn't be worth the trip. TBH there aren't even that many RX7s that the pix would have you believe. All about those angles.

Return to “Colorado Automotive Enthusiasts Meets and Events”