Paint Shop Recommendations

Paint, body repair, fiberglass, CF work
vierte

Paint Shop Recommendations

Postby vierte » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:14

Any good recommendations for a paint shop? Preferably north of 6th Ave.. but no farther north than Thorton?

I need to color match a TII hood to a car that is close to brave blue... but a little brighter. I also am considering paint instead of powder coat on a set of forged wheels. I don't like the idea of baking. Powder coat baking temperatures and duration are in the realm of precipitation hardening of aluminum. Don't want wheels that are hard and brittle.

Shadowden

Re: Paint Shop Recommendations

Postby Shadowden » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:14

I've had work done by arapahoe collision and mechanical. I'm extremely picky and usually have to take the car back in, but they always end up getting it how I want it, which is no small feat.

it doesn't sound like one, but that is actually a recommendation. they are at 6th and airport I believe.

vierte

Postby vierte » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:14

Great. I will check them out. With the mica content and not necessarily Boeing the stock 5N brave blue.. I imagine it won't be easy to match well. How are they on turnaround time? I suspect I'll be cutting it close to my deadline to get this car built and paint will probably be the last bit.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:14

If you schedule it out, they will deliver on the scheduled time.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:14

I'm going to temporarily suspend this shop from my recommendation list. I took my car back in for corrections a few weeks ago and just yesterday received a call that they have not worked on the car due to one of their painters getting hurt the same week I brought it in. Until a successful completion of the car, use at your own risk. I will update with information once I can. I really like the people at this shop so hope it all comes together.

vierte

Postby vierte » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:14

Thanks for the heads up! Hope all works out well for both the painter and for your car. I am getting close to being ready to go to paint, just waiting on a replacement tii hood scoop. I called them a couple weeks ago and they seem to have there act together.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:14

vierte wrote:Thanks for the heads up! Hope all works out well for both the painter and for your car. I am getting close to being ready to go to paint, just waiting on a replacement tii hood scoop. I called them a couple weeks ago and they seem to have there act together.

Like I said, I really like the people there. I feel like they understand me as a customer and work to make me happy. I just want to make sure that this big scale delivery is performed to my liking after taking it back Part of my issue is that they are not terribly convenient to me so I can't just stop by to drop off or pick up. It usually requires elaborate planning.

Return to “Auto Body”