This site is PISSING ME OFF

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:14

If all fails Just DL Safari for Windows. I don't like Safari at all because the interface is to macish for me.

ImageImage

Colombia28

Postby Colombia28 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:14

Syko701 wrote:Firefox FTW!!!!!!!

+1. Never have any problems with Firefox, and no problems when i use IE at school.
2008 Cosmic Blue Speed3 - NEW :D
2006 Copper Red Mica 3 hatch - SOLD :(
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:14

I'll never understand why people still use IE.... must be because they're old... like crusty old..
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

bobopud

Postby bobopud » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:14

:71ec1979: You guys make this site so much more enjoyable.

No disrespect to anyone, but listening to people bash IE for another browser just sounds like the kids in the playground talking about how many speeds their new bike has.
2006 SPEED6 Liquid Platinum Sport w/ Nav
Mods Completed - VG Sharkfin, 3M Clear Bra, SU Motor Mount, SU Test Pipe, 35% tint, VEI Digital Boost Gauge, Custom Defrost Vent Pod, PG Exhaust Manifold, CPE Turbo Inlet Pipe, CPE FMIC, Hacked Mazdaspeed CAI into SRI, Synapse BOV, Cobb Accessport EMS Tuner, CPE Dual 3" Catback Exhaust
Mods Needed - Catted Downpipe and finally a tune.

MazdaGurl

Postby MazdaGurl » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:14

I haven't had any problems and I use IE 8 on Vista. HOwever, at home I'm using Chrome lately...that's better than IE or FF IMO!

It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it.

Greek8: I swear Angie has some sort of freak car.

Syko701

Postby Syko701 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:14

SpeedRacer wrote:I'll never understand why people still use IE.... must be because they're old... like crusty old..

Hey Eric is old.... like crusty old... ohhh i get it.......:D...J/k

Josh's FTW!!!!
"Hard work and dedication are the keys to success."

firestoned

Postby firestoned » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:14

Josh's suck monkey ballz

AIM WO4

Postby AIM WO4 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:14

Werks fer me. :D

SpeedRacer wrote:I'll never understand why people still use IE.... must be because they're old... like crusty old..
AIM WO4
[color=#339966][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=gray]CMZƆ[/color][/color][/font]
[size=75]2012 Sinful Sallow, Evo X GSR[/SIZE]

AIM WO4

Postby AIM WO4 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:14

I have one speed... F--- A---- S----- T------- :lol:

bobopud wrote::71ec1979: You guys make this site so much more enjoyable.

No disrespect to anyone, but listening to people bash IE for another browser just sounds like the kids in the playground talking about how many speeds their new bike has.
AIM WO4

[color=#339966][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=gray]CMZƆ[/color][/color][/font]

[size=75]2012 Sinful Sallow, Evo X GSR[/SIZE]

Ranger

Postby Ranger » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:14

Yeah, I agree, but IE7 really is a piss poor program. I have to use it for work, because our web app uses IE specific scripts that don't work in other browsers, and it locks up on me daily. I lose all my work when it happens too. Firefox (mostly) remembers anything you've typed if it crashes. It also remembers what sites you had open and gives you the option to restore that session. Just using IE for normal web browsing is practically impossible...if you have more than two or three tabs open it completely flips out. Not to mention it uses way more resources than Firefox when doing heavy browsing.

GTConversion

Postby GTConversion » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:14

It'd be an apt analogy, but there's more to IE vs. Firefox than a proverbial playground pissing contest. As someone who works in a browser almost every day, I loathe IE for a number of reasons;

1) Standards compliance: if I write a standards-compliant application / site / page it will NOT render correctly in Internet Explorer. It will misplace tables or images, float things it shouldn't, put margins where there shouldn't be, fail to handle tool tips correctly, the list goes on and on and on and on.

2) Security: I really need that "No, I will not fix your computer" mug, because as That Guy in my peer group who works in Software Engineering, everyone asks me for help 'fixing' their computer. Fixing it generally means running Adaware, Spybot, Avast, and then deleting Internet Explorer and installing Firefox. There are hundreds of thousands of security vulnerabilities introduced by Internet Explorer, particularly one that is not properly patched. Their blind support for ActiveX controls also opens its own security can 'o worms. The real problem is that they didn't use a "treat it like it's dirty" methodology when it comes to websites. A random web site should NOT give control of my filesystem, drivers, or RAM contents without my explicit permission. Browse to a site in IE? The sky is the limit on what you can extract from a user's machine.

3) Bloat: IE does not properly manage its memory - left idle or open for minutes or even hours, the memory usage will steadily climb.

Firefox is not the 'best' solution, but neither is Amaya or Opera or Gecko or Konqueror, etc.. the 'best' solution is what the browser that a user prefers, gives them the customization and reconfigurability they desire, and more importantly SECURES THEM FROM MALICIOUS WEBSITES. IE may be the former for some, but it is never the latter. No matter how many patches they release, it's not going to fix a broken design that doesn't 'sandbox' every site it encounters.

bobopud

Postby bobopud » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:14

I think you misinterpreted what I was trying to say GT.

I'm not hailing IE or firefox or Crome or any other browser. I am going to go back to my analogy since it still holds true.

Every playground kid with a new huffy, schwin, or any other bike for that matter is not an expert cyclist of mountain biker or rock hopper. Therefore it is merely a my penis is bigger than your penis arguement unless you are a professional bike of some kind.

You are obviously a professional user of internet browsers and so there is more to your arguement than 10 speed vs. 21 speed.

Hopefully that all made sense. I am in no way an expert just a casual observer of internet forum discussions and some of the hilarity that ensues.
2006 SPEED6 Liquid Platinum Sport w/ Nav
Mods Completed - VG Sharkfin, 3M Clear Bra, SU Motor Mount, SU Test Pipe, 35% tint, VEI Digital Boost Gauge, Custom Defrost Vent Pod, PG Exhaust Manifold, CPE Turbo Inlet Pipe, CPE FMIC, Hacked Mazdaspeed CAI into SRI, Synapse BOV, Cobb Accessport EMS Tuner, CPE Dual 3" Catback Exhaust
Mods Needed - Catted Downpipe and finally a tune.

GTConversion

Postby GTConversion » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:14

Fair enough, there are a lot of 'internet experts' out there, and I too laugh at people who banter back and forth about how FF is better than IE, Mac is better than PC, Linux is the best OS, etc; I just wanted to make clear in this case that although their points are usually weak, the argument does in fact come from a solid point. Professionals and users alike are at risk from a browser which fails to isolate browser behavior from the user's data. (And in IE's case, fails to isolate the browser behavior from the operating system). It's not really a battle of IE vs Firefox inasmuch as it is a battle between secure and insecure browsers. In this case, it just happens to be IE in the 'insecure' category.

I wouldn't even bring it up if MS were making substantial efforts to ensure user security (after all, it could become a 'killer app' once again) - but it appears that even in the beta versions of their new browser that many of the same threats are present.

Return to “Colorado Automotive Enthusiasts News and Info”