RSS feeds

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:14

I'll change the name MazdaTom to Newsbot.
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

firestoned

Postby firestoned » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:14

SpeedRacer wrote:Oh club development huh... and what would you suggest? Its mighty easy to say a this or that but um I don't hear any idae's from you :P

I wasnt aware that was my responsibility

SpeedRacer

firestoned wrote:I wasnt aware that was my responsibility

Well usually when someone complains they complain productively and give examples.. I can easily walk in your shop and complain about something. Is it my responsibility to say how it could be better? No. But If I want things better would I? Yes.

firestoned

Dude, you're the one who made the changes that everybody is bitching about, and there have been MANY posts regarding solutions to what the problem is.

And if I'm not mistaken, YOU were the one complaining about no posts to read, NOT ME

SpeedRacer

It was a joke about the posts...

Also so far i've seen 5 people maybe? So thats EVERYBODY?

MazdaGurl

Postby MazdaGurl » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:14

I like some of it when it's directly related to Mazda...but others seems to be more like spam junk. Just my .02.

It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it.

Greek8: I swear Angie has some sort of freak car.

bmwzoom

Postby bmwzoom » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:14

Personally... if I see something that I don't want to read or its not interesting to me, I skip over it. That simple.

SpeedRacer

The way I see it is are we all ONLY interested in Mazdas? No... I think every one of you has said something about a different vehicle somewhere on this board. So if there's a new thing coming out like 370Z or something you don't want to see it? You are not a car person? You're a mazda only person? I guess I just don't get it..

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:14

From what I understand is that the problem from some people is it is showing up in the new post thing. I think having it under a different name then yours helps.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

SpeedRacer

We will see.. Its under Admin right now.

Seriously if its such an issue i'll take it away. Didn't know people would get their panties in a universal bunch over this.

Ranger

Postby Ranger » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:14

Just my two cents here...

I wasn't even aware that there was an autoblog section until today, as I don't use RSS. I stumbled upon it by accident actually. I have to say, I don't find the articles boring, in fact it's nice to have. I like to keep up to date on all sorts of things going on in the automotive industry, not just Mazda news. And I'd much rather read them on here than go to autoblog's site. I know there are many people on here who feel the same way just from discussions with them in the chat. I have no complaints...but it seems like the solution to me is to leave the autoblog section on the forum, just remove it from the RSS feed, and if possible, remove it from the "new posts" section so that people can check it as they wish.

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:14

Ranger wrote:Just my two cents here...

I wasn't even aware that there was an autoblog section until today, as I don't use RSS. I stumbled upon it by accident actually. I have to say, I don't find the articles boring, in fact it's nice to have. I like to keep up to date on all sorts of things going on in the automotive industry, not just Mazda news. And I'd much rather read them on here than go to autoblog's site. I know there are many people on here who feel the same way just from discussions with them in the chat. I have no complaints...but it seems like the solution to me is to leave the autoblog section on the forum, just remove it from the RSS feed, and if possible, remove it from the "new posts" section so that people can check it as they wish.

The autoblog section IS an RSS feed. That's all it is, posts that come from the RSS feed from Autoblog. So, if we turn off the RSS feed, that forum no longer gets updated. Personally, I vote that the forum gets removed from being viewed when a member selects "New Posts"...the problem with that is will people actually visit that forum enough to warrant its existence?

Josh, you have to admit, for a forum that sees that amount of posting it does, it was a bit of a shock for the community to all of a sudden see 5-6 pages of new posts, and all of them with 0 responses, and all being random topics. You were the only one that knew it was coming. I'm all for spurring posting on the forums, but not at the expense of largely useless clutter.

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:14

Huzer21 wrote:the problem with that is will people actually visit that forum enough to warrant its existence?

I RARELY navigate the forums by section/sub-section. I hit the New button at the top and then filter out which ones I want to read from there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1997 Explorer XLT - 4.0 SOHC V6 Controltrac 4x4
mods- 30" BFGs, AAL + TT = 1.5" lift, more to come

firestoned

MazdaTom wrote:I RARELY navigate the forums by section/sub-section. I hit the New button at the top and then filter out which ones I want to read from there.

same for me, and most others, Im sure....

i also vote that it gets removed from the new posts area, so that we can easily see "members" new posts, rather than the feed posts.. keep the feeds by themself, so that the people who dont want to read about the new 2010 Infiniti having more legroom, dont have to..

you asked for solutions, Josh, and like I said, there are many people who have stated their opinion..

SpeedRacer

Many = 5.... so far....?

Return to “Colorado Automotive Enthusiasts News and Info”