RSS feeds

dommo_g

RSS feeds

Postby dommo_g » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:14

Seriously? Does anyone besides me think it just makes this forum harder to read? You can't be everything to everyone....

Rich

Postby Rich » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:14

5 new pages of posts is insane.

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:14

Well if people would actually post then I wouldn't need other shit to read :P
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:14

Quantity over quality?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1997 Explorer XLT - 4.0 SOHC V6 Controltrac 4x4
mods- 30" BFGs, AAL + TT = 1.5" lift, more to come

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:14

Took out the electronics web feeds.. autoblog will stay.

tbot

Postby tbot » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:14

Where the hell is the RSS feeds at? I would actually be on here a hella lot more since safari rocks at doing that....I'll look around tho, but someone should still tell me where they're at

firestoned

Postby firestoned » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:14

dommo_g wrote:Seriously? Does anyone besides me think it just makes this forum harder to read? You can't be everything to everyone....

i totally agree, when I click on new posts, I want to see what members post, not what the feeds are doing.. it definitely makes the forum harder to read.

It sounds to me like if you want more posts to read, maybe you mods should concentrate a little more on club development and participation, rather than drowning the current members with BORING feeds...

dont hate, thats my .02

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:14

Oh club development huh... and what would you suggest? Its mighty easy to say a this or that but um I don't hear any idae's from you :P

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:14

Here's an idea for developement- stop the RSS feeds.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SpeedRacer

Why don't you tell me why -you- don't want them Tom? Its ALL car related stuff.. is this not a car club?

dommo_g

Postby dommo_g » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:14

For me personally, I come to this site to read what the local Mazda community is up to. I don't want to have to sort through all that stuff to accomplish why I come to this site. Most of the stuff that's in the feeds is interesting, but I know where to get that information if I want to see it. I know about autoblog.com, engadget.com and the ton of other sites to get that info. But I think I'm not the only one who used the "New Posts" button, and I don't want to see 5 pages of RSS feeds to see new posts.

One option is to see if vBulletin gives you the option of excluding the RSS feeds from showing up anywhere except the section they're in, not the new posts, not the recent threads. That way if someone wants to read them, they're there. But if they don't want to read them, they're not shoved down their throats.

SpeedRacer

See Dommo thats the kind of post im looking for vs some of these other posts in this thread.

I cut back on all the updates except autoblog. There's maybe 15-20 posts a day of autoblog stuff if thats too much for people let me know.

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:14

Is there a way to have the RSS feeds post from a different username? Like "newsbot" or something. Otherwise Josh, all the posts with your name on them make you look like a post whoring asshole. And then it will be easier to filter out what's a relavant post from a member and what's an autoblog post.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:14

I refrained from posting about the RSS feeds. During the week, autoblog updates rather frequently, thus there will probably 30-40 posts/day from autoblog. I think most people that visit this forum also visit sites like autoblog, where they get other info from. I post links I think are interesting from autoblog all of the time.

I think if the RSS feeds could be magically culled to only post Mazda related info, that would cut down on a lot of the extraneous posts. I don't think that's possible though. I did a quick search, and there is a way to exclude that forum from being displayed in new posts. That's one option.

The other is to just discontinue the feeds. I haven't really noticed many other forums that have RSS feed forums.

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:14

TMF (the mazda forum) used to have a feed from Jalopink (or whatever).

The articles are..... eh. I read some of them but not all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return to “Colorado Automotive Enthusiasts News and Info”