New Reply on my own reply...

Colombia28

New Reply on my own reply...

Postby Colombia28 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:14

I just noticed that when i myself post a reply in a thread and then return to the board index it shows up as a new reply in that thread for myself. Anyone else have this problem?
2008 Cosmic Blue Speed3 - NEW :D
2006 Copper Red Mica 3 hatch - SOLD :(
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:14

Let me reply to see what you're talking about...

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:14

So you're saying you DON'T want to see your reply as a new post on the board index? Is it showing up as unread? I don't get it...it would seem to me when I reply to a post, I'd want to see that reply on the board index as well.

Colombia28

Postby Colombia28 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:14

Let me try to clarify. I'm no good at clarifying things like this so bear with me.

Ok so when i post a reply in a thread (just like this reply), and then return to the board index to see whats new, the thread that i just replied in shows up on the index as if there is a new reply i haven't read. So it makes it appear that someone else has replied but they haven't, it is just my reply. Does that make sense? If you not ill call Josh and see if i can verbally explain it.

[color=black][font=Verdana]If that doesn’t make sense, go to a section that has no new replies, reply to a post in that section and return to the board index. Look at that section and knowing you were the last person to reply in it you will see it highlighted red for a new reply. Yet its your reply you just made. The "old" boards didn't do that.
[/font][/color]
2008 Cosmic Blue Speed3 - NEW :D
2006 Copper Red Mica 3 hatch - SOLD :(
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

dommo_g

Postby dommo_g » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:14

What are you using to check for new posts? The link on the navbar up top?

I have this mod on my board, it's better than the built in 'new post' function.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=168303

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:14

I still don't see the error. If I check either New Posts or Today's Posts, and I just replied to a post, it doesn't show as unread. It does put that thread to the top, but it shows as read. When I go to the main board index, the forum does show as a new reply, but I tested that out on a few other vBulletin boards, and it does exactly the same thing. I'm just lost as to where/when/what is happening.

Thanks for the hack info. I'll check it out.

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:14

I see the same thing as you Tim.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

Return to “Colorado Automotive Enthusiasts News and Info”