Thompson Automotive

Post up any Craigslist, Ebay, or any link to a good deal we might be interested in!
~Barn~

Thompson Automotive

Postby ~Barn~ » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:14

So I had to get a new clutch in my car and rather than playing tummysticks with Groove Mazda [more accurately their new service writer], I just decided to finally take a leap and have the work done somewhere else. So... all-in-all....

Good experience. Reasonable turnaround on the repair and the work seems solid so far. Cost was high, but I believe that Bob made sure everything was air-tight after finishing and I'm sure the labor involved was no joke. For what I paid, I was able to get other issues addressed as well, which at least leaves me with the feeling that my money went farther.

The good:
- 2 leaky front differential seals (fixed)
- Failed clutch (fixed with aftermarket clutch kit from Edge Autosport)
- Snapped-off intercooler bolts -courtesy of yours truly- (drilled-out and fixed)
- The rest of the cars mechanicals graded "excellent" upon review

The bad:
- My steeringwheel was off-center when the car was returned. It wasn't when I took it in. Had to take it to another place to get that fixed.
- My weighted JBR shift knob was out of whack and the "pattern" display has needed tweaking to get back to square. The internal JBR nut seems like it's fused inside the knob now, when before it spun freely to allow for me to fine tune the stop point. I honestly don't know how the #### that happened (?), but I'm now using a washer, which (while effective) certainly loses tragically in not only proper use intent, but also in tech points.

Thompson Automotive. A solid "B+".
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

This is Bunny. Bunny has the following mods: BNR Supercars GT28RS TC - Mazdaspeed CAI - ACT Streetlite CK - Vibrant TIP - Extreme Turbo Systems TMIC - SLS Performance TP - Magnaflow CBE - James Barone Racing SSP & HSK - Cobb AP - Xcarlink iPod integrator - VG Sharkfin - RX-8 Wheels - Fiber Images CF Hood w/BCM accents

Return to “Good Deals and Purchase Feedback”