MAC Autosport - Coming across sketch again....

Post up any Craigslist, Ebay, or any link to a good deal we might be interested in!
~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:14

Nope... I was right the first time... MAC sucks. At least I have my car back now.
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

This is Bunny. Bunny has the following mods: BNR Supercars GT28RS TC - Mazdaspeed CAI - ACT Streetlite CK - Vibrant TIP - Extreme Turbo Systems TMIC - SLS Performance TP - Magnaflow CBE - James Barone Racing SSP & HSK - Cobb AP - Xcarlink iPod integrator - VG Sharkfin - RX-8 Wheels - Fiber Images CF Hood w/BCM accents

erod550

Postby erod550 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:14

What now?
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:14

It's a long story, so I'll have to post up about it when I have more time. Long'n'short of it though, is that they did nothing positive for my situation, and actually made is mildly worse for me. All the tune of nearly $300.00.

I called Bill last night after I left, and laid out my displeasure with him, and the amount I want refunded back. I gave him till 11:00 today to call me and get it processed, and told him that if this can't happen, I'll dispute the entire charge with my CC company.
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

This is Bunny. Bunny has the following mods: BNR Supercars GT28RS TC - Mazdaspeed CAI - ACT Streetlite CK - Vibrant TIP - Extreme Turbo Systems TMIC - SLS Performance TP - Magnaflow CBE - James Barone Racing SSP & HSK - Cobb AP - Xcarlink iPod integrator - VG Sharkfin - RX-8 Wheels - Fiber Images CF Hood w/BCM accents

memphis

Postby memphis » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:14

good luck with that.... sucks when things like this happens..

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:14

Good grief man. Why can't companies just be good to people anymore? Good luck with this.

I`m Batman

Postby I`m Batman » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:14

So they did the "tune" without your permission and just charge you for it? F-that!

They need extra money for the Christmas gifts.
Image Image

tbot

Postby tbot » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:14

Damn dude! Looks like i fell behind on this thread, but a stock solenoid was the way to go. I don't understand why they kept trying to get you to swap parts and do other shit, thats stupid!

I hope you get it resolved soon tho!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~Barn~

Thanks for the good luck wishes, guys.

I`m Batman wrote:So they did the "tune" without your permission and just charge you for it? F-that!

They need extra money for the Christmas gifts.

No, nothing like that.

After they told me about the solenoid being the culprit, they ordered one from Mazda. I told them that if they were going to do this, I had to have it compleated by this past Saturday, since I had an appointment Monday, to have my interlock calibrated. (Yes, I'm that guy), sorry.

Well, as it turns out, Mazda sent them the wrong part [how very surprising], so they couldn't get it fixed on Saturday. They told me "first thing Monday" we'll have it ready for you. Well... First-thing-yesterday comes and goes, and I call the shop around 10:00 to see what the scoop is? The scoop, is that they are not open on Monday! I leave a message on their VM, and send an email to them, asking what's going on? No reply.

So I keep calling the shop throughout the day yesterday, just incase somebody is there. Mid afternoon Adam does answer and tells me that he'll have it done by maybe 5:00pm. Also however, that my car will no-longer start, because it says "VIOLATION LOCKOUT".

Well genius, that means that because you weren't taking the tests that it was asking to, it has locked out the ignition (You have to miss 7 tests). So now I have this problem that I have to sort out with the interlock company, and *that* becomes a hassle. I need to then get emergency unlock service performed!

Then of course, when I get the car back, it exhibits the same behavior.
:Sigh...:

I don't know. I'm just at my wits end with these clowns, and have exhausted all my patience. If and when Bill calls me this morning, I'm going to tell him that I'd also like to go pick up my stock Boost Solenoid from them, since I forgot to ask for it last night. The conversation hasn't even happened yet, but I CAN ALMOST PROMISE YOU, that they won't have the part for me. They'll tell me that it's been thrown away, or put in a junk parts bin, or fed to a dog, or something...

Maybe it's unfair of me to presume this, but let's just say that it wouldn't surprise me.
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:14

Wow, major fail by MAC. Definitely not ever going there.

TheNewBlack

Postby TheNewBlack » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:14

This place constantly rips people off, don't know how they're still in business, this stuff has been going on for years! Glad you got your car out of there! Any word on your stock solenoid?
2013 FRS

~Barn~

Dude hasn't called yet.
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

bellalyssa

Postby bellalyssa » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:14

BBB complaint!

Doooo it
2004 Mazda3s Hatchback: Totalled
2002 Audi A4 Avant: Sold

2013 Subaru WRX 5-door: Stage 1

~Barn~

Welp... In a final act of saving grace (if not face), I received an email from Bill a few moments ago, and was offered back a refund, for the amount I requested. Granted, it's not actually back in my hand, but I'm cautiously optimistic that everything will go smoothly when I go to pick it up tomorrow, along with my original boost solenoid.

After all is said and done, I can only hope that both MAC and myself are better-off for having had to go through this mess.

And on that note.... Does anybody need an OEM Mazda Boost Solenoid?? :D
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

Number2

Postby Number2 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:14

TheNewBlack wrote:This place constantly rips people off, don't know how they're still in business, this stuff has been going on for years! Glad you got your car out of there! Any word on your stock solenoid?

+1

I've never used MAC because of what friends have said.
"Littering, and?..."

erod550

Postby erod550 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:14

I guess different people have had different experiences. I went to MAC purely because they were recommended by friends and I've had good experiences with both of my last two cars. Granted all I did was a few dyno sessions and a tune, no repair work, so I was there for completely different reasons than Barn.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way

1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:

2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0

2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT

2005 Flame Red SRT-4

Return to “Good Deals and Purchase Feedback”