Supercharged Miata

Post up any Craigslist, Ebay, or any link to a good deal we might be interested in!
S4poor

Postby S4poor » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MazdaTom @ Jun 30 2008, 11:02 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=54458]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Yeah, I knew some guys that did OLOA in a Saturn S-Seires one year. Then I think they did it in an SRT-4 the next year or 2. They placed well in their class.

I remember watching some guy with a blue Z06 on youtube about his OLOA experiences. Pretty good watch.[/b]

If I had the time and money I would be all about that race. Oh, and a car that could take the abuse.

Eric told me at one point while going through Nevada he was asleep in the back while a co-driver (State trooper from IL) had the cruise control set at 145mph. When he woke he screamed "My turbos!!! They are in constant boost"! The friend (Neil) said no problems the past 45 minutes ;-).

Maybe 10 more minutes they got pulled over (yes for 145mph), he flashed his badge and the female Tropper let them go with a warning. Must be nice to have a badge. The rest of us would have been in the slammer, and the car too...

Apparently many states along the race are setup and waiting for them to go by on their way to the next track. A few ended up in jail and the car impounded....

I am amazed at how many of the cars can make the entire race....

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:14

Yeah but there isn't actually a race between events- it's just the type of people who do OLOA are the type of people who are willing to do 145 across Nevada. There really is no reason to speed between track events- unless you are making up time because of some issue along the way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1997 Explorer XLT - 4.0 SOHC V6 Controltrac 4x4
mods- 30" BFGs, AAL + TT = 1.5" lift, more to come

RedRoadster

Postby RedRoadster » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:14

Well, we'll see how it holds up when I solo to CA and back for the weekend.. 15 hours by google maps.. I'll try not to keep it in boost the entire time, as i don't have one of those get out of jail free badges, and I'm trying to see if some of my ECU tweaks will save me a bit on gas..

This will definitely be the longest drive i've ever done.. I've done 12 hours from Brea, CA to Phoenix and back, but not this, yet.

As for speed on public roads, how about the silver state challenge?

I'll have to agree on the utility aspect.. however, nobody ever asks me to help them move, and I can get 8 bags of garden soil in the car without using the trunk.

Just don't ask me to transport anything over 4 feet long..
95 Classic Red Miata - 'Kona'
Racing Beat Sways, AEM WB O2 sensor, ACT clutch, Ground Control Springs, Bilstein HDs, Fat Cat bumpstops, 95 stock 14s (winter) or 99 sport 15s (summer)
Flyin' Miata stuff:
FM II Link GT2560R turbo, Butterfly brace, N/A dual exhaust, Oil filter relo kit, Rear shock mounts

08 Sunlight Silver Mazda 3s GT Sedan - 'Tuna'
OEM Wing spoiler, Sirius and Media switcher

05 Onyx Black Mazda 6i Hatchback - 'Smokey'

S4poor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MazdaTom @ Jun 30 2008, 11:26 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=54463]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Yeah but there isn't actually a race between events- it's just the type of people who do OLOA are the type of people who are willing to do 145 across Nevada. There really is no reason to speed between track events- unless you are making up time because of some issue along the way.[/b]

Exactly. They "had to" speed due to an IC hose popping off the up-pipe the race prior. They made up the time, and some ;-)

Getting to the next event faster also equals more lap time, and better conditions. Plus any repairs, oil changes etc. that are needed.

S4poor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Red95FMII @ Jun 30 2008, 11:34 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=54465]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Well, we'll see how it holds up when I solo to CA and back for the weekend.. 15 hours by google maps.. I'll try not to keep it in boost the entire time, as i don't have one of those get out of jail free badges, and I'm trying to see if some of my ECU tweaks will save me a bit on gas..

This will definitely be the longest drive i've ever done.. I've done 12 hours from Brea, CA to Phoenix and back, but not this, yet.

As for speed on public roads, how about the silver state challenge?

I'll have to agree on the utility aspect.. however, nobody ever asks me to help them move, and I can get 8 bags of garden soil in the car without using the trunk.

Just don't ask me to transport anything over 4 feet long..[/b]

So no defenseman sticks, and maybe a really short forward stick will fit ;p

Have a safe trip...

Chris Swearingen

Postby Chris Swearingen » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Red95FMII @ Jun 30 2008, 06:07 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=54430]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
It's convertible season.. not surprised at the price.

Surprised at the fact that there's very few details about the s/c at all..[/b]

[twin screw supercharger bias]
VF Engineering 8psi supercharger - think of it as a belt driven turbo, except it makes boost in proportion to engine speed. I don't want to rain on the sellers parade, but the kit is what it is and doesn't have a lot of room to grow.
[/twin screw supercharger bias]
--Chris

RedRoadster

Postby RedRoadster » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RMSpeed6 @ Jun 30 2008, 12:41 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=54469]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
So no defenseman sticks, and maybe a really short forward stick will fit ;p

Have a safe trip...[/b]

Well, I can fit MY D sticks.. but I'm only 5'7"....

As long as I leave the top down, I could probably handle Zdeno Chara's sticks...
95 Classic Red Miata - 'Kona'

Racing Beat Sways, AEM WB O2 sensor, ACT clutch, Ground Control Springs, Bilstein HDs, Fat Cat bumpstops, 95 stock 14s (winter) or 99 sport 15s (summer)

Flyin' Miata stuff:

FM II Link GT2560R turbo, Butterfly brace, N/A dual exhaust, Oil filter relo kit, Rear shock mounts

08 Sunlight Silver Mazda 3s GT Sedan - 'Tuna'

OEM Wing spoiler, Sirius and Media switcher

05 Onyx Black Mazda 6i Hatchback - 'Smokey'

Return to “Good Deals and Purchase Feedback”