Newbie with Mazda3 and service recommendations

Introduce yourself! How did you hear about us?
scratchh

Newbie with Mazda3 and service recommendations

Postby scratchh » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:14

Hello all!

I am new to the Club, but happy to find this resource. I found it via a google search, looking for recommended places to get service done on Mazdas.

I bought a used 2008 Mazda3 about a year ago, and I am a bit over 63k miles now. I need to get the 60k service done; I would have done it earlier, but needed to wait till my loan went through on my new house before I dropped any cash.

Does anyone have any recommended shops to get my 60k service done in the greater Denver area? Preferably close to Wheat Ridge/Lakewood. I don't want to goto the dealer to save $ and since any warranty is already expired. Looking for a reputable shop first and foremost, not necessarily cheapest, but cheaper than a dealer. Any ideas what to expect on cost would be helpful as well.

I can't do any work myself currently as my garage is full of all my stuff from moving. Once I get everything set up at the new house I hope to be able to do some work on it myself.

Thanks for your advice!
Cheers,
Scott

AuroraAxela

Postby AuroraAxela » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:14

What's involved in the 60k service? I don't think there's much to do... and you / we can do most of it ourselves.

And welcome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"][SIZE="3"]2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT[/SIZE][/color]

[SIZE="1"][color="Blue"][color="Blue"]POWERTRAIN: GTX3067R . Cobb AP . Cobb 3-port . Autotech internals . HTP 3" intake . cp-e FMIC . Forge v1 BPV . TWM STS . CNT Turboback
NGK 1-step colder . Bosch 3-bar . cp-e xFlex™ RMM/TMM/PMM . CorkSport recirc tube . Kosmic EGR delete
SUSPENSION: K-Sport coilovers . Whiteline RSB . custom MS6 wheels
EXTERIOR: cp-e TowPlate . DDM Tuning 5000K HID low/fog
INTERIOR: Defi boost gauge/cp-e defroster mount . NRG shift knob . CorkSport LEDs[/color][/color][/SIZE]

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:14

I don't remember what is involved either. Best guess would be tranny fluid, clutch fluid, brake fluid, coolant. Check brake pads. I would also guess its time to replace the cabin air filter (passenger side footwell in the hatch at least). Also, time for an oil change (Approximately change #21 :D) Flush em all and put new stuff in. I recommend the Redline MT90 for the manualtransmission. If it is an auto, I would have a shop do a full flush. Manual is easy enough to do with a buddy.

HEck, since you are that far along, may as well pull the plugs and take a look at them. Regap if required.

OrangeVirus

Postby OrangeVirus » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:14

your Owners manual tells you exactly everything that is done,checked,tested, at 60k miles. that is the best place to look.

Return to “New Member Forum”