Whats up Whats up

Introduce yourself! How did you hear about us?
eliminster

Postby eliminster » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:14

i have been driving around for about a month now without a front plate and no cops have pulled me over yet, knock on wood!
87 red rx7
running 13b re cosmo motor
03 yellow wrx
yes it is a stock color
00 black s10 zr2
yes i have it to tow cars when they break.

boosted12a

Postby boosted12a » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:14

xIceHoundx wrote:how picky is law enforcement about sticking your front license plate in the windshield? No emissions testing FTMFW, means I can straight pipe this build too

i dont have a front plate i just keep it in the windshield no issues so far
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] GTU Turbo II

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:14

I know up here in Northern Colorado I've never been hassled with no front plate on my FD and my wife doesn't have one on her Saturn, either.

Although I know Denver is stupid strict about front plates. If you're parked in a public spot meter maid and cops will ticket you for no front plate.

Not sure about the Springs but I think it's pretty lax.
:eek:

erod550

Postby erod550 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:14

They don't seem to care in the Springs. I haven't had a front plate on my Miata since I bought it over a year and a half ago. Just never got around to installing the bracket. I got pulled over once on Interquest for not having a front plate on my SRT-4. He also ticketed me for my exhaust though so that may have been the main reason he pulled me over. I ran a front plate after that, and I have a front plate on the Mustang, though I hate it.

So you might get hassled, you might not. If you do, it's around a $50 fine I think. Maybe less. So if you're not worried about the remote potential of a fine, then I'd keep running without it.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

PXRdriFT

Postby PXRdriFT » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:14

Welcome!

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:14

alex_n/a wrote:no! We need more in the denver area. Or aurora if possible, I'm pretty sure the only reason rx7's go to co. Springs is because of the no emission testing so you guys can go crazy with mods. :(

Dude, you guys have TONS of rotaries in the Denver area. You just gotta get all their contact info from Mike B. Which is something I've been meaning to do as well.

xIceHoundx wrote:how picky is law enforcement about sticking your front license plate in the windshield? No emissions testing FTMFW, means I can straight pipe this build too

I don't have a front plate on the 7, but it's because it's registered in Illinois, which has no emissions OR inspections HELLZ yeah lol. I think I have to have the front plate on when I go back to IL though haha.

As for the straight pipe though, C Springs police DO have a problem with noise levels, ask Zico. He's gotten some tickets for noise.

bellalyssa wrote:Welcome!

I hate that you guys don't have to do emissions testing. I had to do it on the Audi and I about had a panic attack when she was on the rollers.

There are ways around the emissions thing Lyssa lol. PM me for more info.

chickenwafer wrote:Not sure about the Springs but I think it's pretty lax.

I got pulled over in the Civic because of no front plate, and it has Colorado tags. But he let me go because I told him I'd go do it right away.

Learjet45

Postby Learjet45 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:Dude, you guys have TONS of rotaries in the Denver area. You just gotta get all their contact info from Mike B. Which is something I've been meaning to do as well.

From what I can tell, there are some FCs out here, and maybe an FB/SA or two, but no FDs. Ranger has his location listed as Denver, but he is also selling his FD. All the FDs are out in the Springs.
[color="Blue"]2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i PZEV - Current Ride, 100% stock[/color]
[color="Gray"]2005 Mazda 6i Pebble Ash Metallic - Dead[/color]

iani1.1

Postby iani1.1 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:14

theres alot of fd owners in denver. theyre just not on this forum or theyve been down for quite some time

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:14

^Yep. That's what I'm saying. They are DEFINITELY there, not just FDs but all generations, you just haven't seen them (the FDs I mean). I know they're there because back when MileHighRotaries was still it's own site, there were TONS of them on there. Also, in the rockies section on 7club there are quite a few 7s listed in the Denver area.

Kinda like we've heard there is another crew of RX-7s running around the Springs but none of us have ever seen them, except Tyler's friend haha. They're like leprechauns...or dragons rather. LOL

Learjet45

Postby Learjet45 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:14

iani1.1 wrote:theyre just not on this forum

That's what I meant. I know I've seen a few 7s around town (I can remember spotting 3 FCs within the past few months), but none are actually active here on CMZC.
[color="Blue"]2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i PZEV - Current Ride, 100% stock[/color]
[color="Gray"]2005 Mazda 6i Pebble Ash Metallic - Dead[/color]

Bask

haha

Postby Bask » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:14

thanks for the warm welcome....yes i am military (unfortunately) and i will upload pics as soon as i can.....quick question....if i run into a prob and need to rebuild one day , who do u guys recommend me go to (also for a good porting job as well)...i went down to shell up in chapel hills last night and Sams club off academy but didnt see any REs well except one rx8.......was hoping for more fc's to show up lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]" Only mazda worth drivin are RE powered :p "

Et3rNaL

Postby Et3rNaL » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:14

Don't be unfortunate about your service...

We were going to the shell @ chapel hills last night when my running lights went out, otherwise myself, Z and Morris would have been there.

See ya around!

Bask

Postby Bask » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:14

Yea...i felt retarded cruising with a whole bunch of hondas last night bwahahaha
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]" Only mazda worth drivin are RE powered :p "

Dange

Postby Dange » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:14

usually I am up at shell and doing the laps down to sams. between me and my buddies i hang out with up there. its typically looks like 3 ms6, 2 ms3, 1 msp and my msm.
I dunno what it is with the blue rx-8 guy, ive never actually gotten to talk to him even when he sees all the mazdas together he seems to avoid us

feel free to come up and say hi. we are all easy going and love most cars. we may have pistons but we all are at least other mazdas not a bit of rice. and we arent like the tools up at sams doing burnouts and getting everyone in trouble
04MSMGT

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:14

What the...? Everyone is going to Shell now? Simon, you were trying to find that Avenger again weren't you? BWAHAHAHA!!!

If you're saying unfortunately because you hate being in the military, that's one thing, but I hope you're not saying you're ashamed.

Return to “New Member Forum”