Who I Am....

Introduce yourself! How did you hear about us?
arctic_blue83

Postby arctic_blue83 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Freezing Cx7 @ Sep 23 2007, 09:27 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=1056]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
wait for the new 6... you may pay a lilttle more but its probably going to be a hugely better car..[/b]

"Hugely" is right, it's supposed to be a much heftier car lol. The 6 chassis is fine as it is right now, IMO they should have just given the current car the 3.5L.

arctic_blue83

Postby arctic_blue83 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stealth01 @ Sep 23 2007, 09:18 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=1055]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Brand loyalty is weird, isn't it? I've been looking at the LGT Spec.B, the STI, and some others, but I consider myself a Mazda Guy now, so a big part of me wants to wait on the next gen 6.

Or buy the 2007 MS6 that the local dealer has....but I gotta wait til at least Feb for that....[img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img][/b]

The Spec B is a damn nice car... the only problem is they're a little pricey, and difficult to find. They had one at GO Subaru I was drooling over, but the STI is more me. I tried the whole "mid-size" sedan thing, and I somewhat prefer the more sport compact type vehicles.

IIRC, it was Road and Track that said "The engine pulls willingly from almost anywhere on the tach, producing a satisfying rush of acceleration that feels like a less frenetic STI. In fact, the whole car feels like an STI for grown-ups."
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?se...p;page_number=7

The fact that it has pretty much the same longblock as the STI, combined with the uber-stout 6-speed transmission, Bilstein shocks, ect. make it one hell of a sleeper.

Stealth01

Postby Stealth01 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Freezing Cx7 @ Sep 23 2007, 09:27 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=1056]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
wait for the new 6... you may pay a lilttle more but its probably going to be a hugely better car..[/b]

Yeah, but I can do a 2-year lease on the 07 MS6 sport for $250 a month, thanks to the deals they're offering. That's half what I pay on my 6S right now, and I could save all that left over for down payment on a new 6 in 2 years.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (arctic_blue83 @ Sep 23 2007, 09:42 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=1063]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
The Spec B is a damn nice car... the only problem is they're a little pricey, and difficult to find. They had one at GO Subaru I was drooling over, but the STI is more me. I tried the whole "mid-size" sedan thing, and I somewhat prefer the more sport compact type vehicles.

IIRC, it was Road and Track that said "The engine pulls willingly from almost anywhere on the tach, producing a satisfying rush of acceleration that feels like a less frenetic STI. In fact, the whole car feels like an STI for grown-ups."
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?se...p;page_number=7

The fact that it has pretty much the same longblock as the STI, combined with the uber-stout 6-speed transmission, Bilstein shocks, ect. make it one hell of a sleeper.[/b]

Yeah, they have two Spec.Bs at the dealership here, but they're not offering ANY incentives on them.
Stealth01
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

turbo99jetta

Postby turbo99jetta » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stealth01 @ Sep 24 2007, 06:43 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=1106]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Yeah, but I can do a 2-year lease on the 07 MS6 sport for $250 a month, thanks to the deals they're offering. That's half what I pay on my 6S right now, and I could save all that left over for down payment on a new 6 in 2 years.[/b]

true which isn't bad at all... the rebates might get better next month though....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Hugely" is right, it's supposed to be a much heftier car lol. The 6 chassis is fine as it is right now, IMO they should have just given the current car the 3.5L.[/b]

its supposed to be lighter....

arctic_blue83

Postby arctic_blue83 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Freezing Cx7 @ Sep 24 2007, 07:42 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=1114]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
true which isn't bad at all... the rebates might get better next month though....
its supposed to be lighter....[/b]

Ummmm.... every publication I've seen has reported the car growing in size... the base 6I manual starts around 3000 lbs or so, I guarantee the new 6 will be heavier, as a matter of fact, I would be willing to make a small wager [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Maybe there's a miscommunication, did you mean the new base 6 is going to weigh less than the AWD Mazdaspeed 6?

Stealth01

Postby Stealth01 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:14

The new Euro 6 was 35kg (I think) less than the previous version, despite getting larger. And it gets better mileage. If the US version is the same, then I would assume the AWD version would weigh the same as the Speed6, or roughly so.
Stealth01

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

arctic_blue83

Postby arctic_blue83 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:14

Wow... if so, then I gladly stand corrected, and am shocked as all hell. Very weird, but in a good way, let's hope it really does get lighter.... it actually might be possible, as the new WRX is larger than the outgoing WRX and yet still weighs about the same. Let's hope it's a new trend among auto manufacturers.

turbo99jetta

Postby turbo99jetta » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (arctic_blue83 @ Sep 24 2007, 05:37 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=1336]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Wow... if so, then I gladly stand corrected, and am shocked as all hell. Very weird, but in a good way, let's hope it really does get lighter.... it actually might be possible, as the new WRX is larger than the outgoing WRX and yet still weighs about the same. Let's hope it's a new trend among auto manufacturers.[/b]

yeah i read something somewhere dont remeber where, that the car despite growing in size was going to weigh less... who knows.. see when we see i guess.. [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3f1fad81.gif[/img]

Brat

Postby Brat » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:14

hi there

Return to “New Member Forum”