Suspension

List your for sale, or wanted, items here. Pictures are required for all FS items. Minimum post count of 10 for selling any item.
Mortose

Suspension

Postby Mortose » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:14

Ok, so this is a pre-emptive for-sale thread. After sunday, i will have a full set of Koni Yellow adjustable shocks and struts and a full set of H&R lowering springs for the MS3 for sale.

Both have about 5000 miles on them, and zero issues.

$600 for all of it.

Andyscums

Postby Andyscums » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:14

How do these ride? Were they on when I saw you last?
Autotech fuel internals, JBR egr delete, JBR throttle body gasket, eBay catless dp, cnt cat back, port and polished intake manifold, cxracing fmic, Cobb turbo inlet, cpe CAI, turbosmart BOV, corks port short shift plate, corksport 70mm shifter bushings

Mortose

Postby Mortose » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:14

I'm almost sure they were on when you came down.

They ride really well, and the yellows are adjustable dampening so you can stiffen or soften the ride. I have them set to the middle all the way around, and it rides tighter than stock, but not even remotely harsh.

Andyscums

Postby Andyscums » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:14

I may be interested. I won't be home until almost Jan though, so if they are still available I might swoop them up. What's the drop on the springs? 1.5?
Autotech fuel internals, JBR egr delete, JBR throttle body gasket, eBay catless dp, cnt cat back, port and polished intake manifold, cxracing fmic, Cobb turbo inlet, cpe CAI, turbosmart BOV, corks port short shift plate, corksport 70mm shifter bushings

Mortose

Postby Mortose » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:14

website says 1.5 to 1.8 drop with the springs

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:14

I rode in this car with this setup. It's a very compliant DD suspension, in that the shocks damp impacts very well. You will not get that jarring bite you would normally get with lesser shocks/spring combos when going over road imperfections. At the same time, it seemed to handle turns nicely. Also when Mort dropped the hammer, and then slowed down from the wicked acceleration his car enduces, the squat and dive was very minimal and the car was able to recover its balance quickly.

I would say it's a best-of-both-worlds setup.

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:14

Saul_Good wrote:I rode in this car with this setup. It's a very compliant DD suspension, in that the shocks damp impacts very well. You will not get that jarring bite you would normally get with lesser shocks/spring combos when going over road imperfections. At the same time, it seemed to handle turns nicely. Also when Mort dropped the hammer, and then slowed down from the wicked acceleration his car enduces, the squat and dive was very minimal and the car was able to recover its balance quickly.

I would say it's a best-of-both-worlds setup.

You sold me! Now, if I just had the money... jump on this scums.
one and one makes two, together we are free

Mortose

Postby Mortose » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:14

Bump!!!!

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:14

kingtut wrote:You sold me! Now, if I just had the money... jump on this scums.

doo it tut!!!
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:14

I thought this was sold.

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:14

Saul_Good wrote:I thought this was sold.

You thought wrong Sir. Mortose has a newfound crack problem and needs this stuff, gone...gone...gone!

Mortose

Postby Mortose » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:14

I have a guy interested, but he hasn't responded in over a week, and lives in WY.

tut, you should really buy it. :D

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:14

Tut, you will have more overhead room in the garage if you drop the car. The konis ride nice. I know nothing about the springs though. Considering they are already put together, you just need to bolt them in.

Mortose, did you run a camber solution with these or is the ms3 already equipped with one?

Mortose

Postby Mortose » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:14

no, no camber solution. but durring the time i had them, i didn't notice any exsessive wear on the tires stemming from camber issues.

So, the guy that was going to buy them hit me up again, and tentatively going to meet me on friday to make the transaction, so we will see.

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:14

Shadowden wrote:Tut, you will have more overhead room in the garage if you drop the car.

I hadn't considered that Sire. This changes things completely! Too bad these things are so damned expensive. I mean, they're just a piece of steel- how much could those really cost!??

;) (inside joke mr. mort, hehe)

Mortose wrote:tentatively going to meet me on friday to make the transaction, so we will see.

Sounds like a CL ad, be careful! If at all possible, bring a friend and let your parents know where you're meeting, and what time to expect you home.

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”