2 Boxes of 150 round 5.56 Federal For Sale

List your for sale, or wanted, items here. Pictures are required for all FS items. Minimum post count of 10 for selling any item.
mOOsE

2 Boxes of 150 round 5.56 Federal For Sale

Postby mOOsE » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:14

So in a fit of impulse buying, I bought 2 boxes of 150 round Federal American Eagle 5.56 62gr from Walmart 2 days ago.

Unknown to me until I opened them, that they are green-tip and I can't use them at my indoor range.

If anyone is interested in them, I would love to sell them as Walmart has a strict no-return ammo policy, despite the box not indicating green-tip or m855

I purchased them both for 151 after tax, coming to .50 cents per round, which is about the cheapest I could find anywhere for 5.56

I'd be willing to sell them at a bit of a loss at 65 per box if anyone is interested. Comes to .43 cents a round

Boxes look like this

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:14

Unless these stinkin' rounds drop in price, I'll be saving my precious ammo for moving targets (read: zombies). GLWS!
one and one makes two, together we are free

I`m Batman

Postby I`m Batman » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:14

That's not a bad price for those - for a local buy.

You shoot your AR at an indoor range?
Image Image

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:14

Oh yes, allow me to clarify: These particular rounds are a good buy. I meant to say- 5.56 in general are still ridiculous...and for that, I couldn't afford to shoot them at the range. Or anywhere else for that matter.
one and one makes two, together we are free

mOOsE

Postby mOOsE » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:14

I`m Batman wrote:That's not a bad price for those - for a local buy.

You shoot your AR at an indoor range?

Yup. Along with my other rooty-tooty-aim-and-shooty's

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:14

Do they also use Wammy Kablammies there?

I bought some of this ammo last weekend at Wal-Mart and used it up in the mountains. I was also testing some 42 round Promag magazines I picked up before the ban and I was having issues with double feed, but I'm 99% sure it was the magazines because I had no issues with my 30 round MagPul mags.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:14

Moose,
For future reference, look at the front of the box in the picture. Xm885 is listed toward the bottom. Also, generally speaking all of the 62 gr ammo I see is green tip. I've been avoiding it. Might be interested in picking up a box from you though. I haven't built my steel targets yet, so these wouldn't be a problem for punching paper.

mOOsE wrote:So in a fit of impulse buying, I bought 2 boxes of 150 round Federal American Eagle 5.56 62gr from Walmart 2 days ago.

Unknown to me until I opened them, that they are green-tip and I can't use them at my indoor range.

If anyone is interested in them, I would love to sell them as Walmart has a strict no-return ammo policy, despite the box not indicating green-tip or m855

I purchased them both for 151 after tax, coming to .50 cents per round, which is about the cheapest I could find anywhere for 5.56

I'd be willing to sell them at a bit of a loss at 65 per box if anyone is interested. Comes to .43 cents a round

Boxes look like this

mOOsE

Postby mOOsE » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:14

Shadowden wrote:Moose,
For future reference, look at the front of the box in the picture. Xm885 is listed toward the bottom. Also, generally speaking all of the 62 gr ammo I see is green tip. I've been avoiding it. Might be interested in picking up a box from you though. I haven't built my steel targets yet, so these wouldn't be a problem for punching paper.

nice catch. I didn't know what m855 was at the time lol. Knew what green-tip and Black-tip were, but not the true designation. Still have both for sale if you want one. If I had a place to shoot outdoor I'd just go run through both of them quickly :)

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:14

There is a nice looking range near bailey. Called buffalo creek gun club. Not sure where you are in town though. I'll let you know about a boxsoon. They have xm 193 on sale ast palmetto for $8/20. Cabelas has pmc a2 the same price though. Depends on tax vs shipping which way to go.

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”