Fs: My Car! Omg My Car!

List your for sale, or wanted, items here. Pictures are required for all FS items. Minimum post count of 10 for selling any item.
SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:14

cleaning thread up in 30 minutes :) Bye bye guido haha
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (6i_guy @ Nov 23 2007, 07:05 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=11770]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
your getting a corolla? :lol:[/b]

I could see that. :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeXy7 @ Nov 23 2007, 08:30 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=11784]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Our Mazda group is turning into a subie group.... I will be here all by myself....[/b]

I'll always be here. I've already made up my mind that I'm never selling my 8. I'll keep it till the day I die. I really need a Wrangler for the winter though.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (6i_guy @ Nov 23 2007, 08:50 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=11786]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
as will I. I like Mazda's styling over all other brands right now. I am not some traitor like some people.[/b]

No other company can make me drool like Mazda. Traitors must burn.

ImageImage

Sapper

Postby Sapper » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:14

I was following the forum when Josh first posted his ride on Craig's list.

Unless something else has caught his eye, I don't think you can call him a Mazda Traitor.

:2cents3fo:

Also trying to butter him up so I have a shot at his sweet MS3 :6f1d77c8: J/k

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:14

No... I'm a shameless traitor I'm gonna probably end up getting an Aspen White STI within 6 months or so...

I'll still be here moderating and supervising children like 6i_Guy that need supervision lol. But I'll be here to help out speed3 guys with knowledge and help on their speeds and mods and such :) wont really go anywhere this place is my baby and I wanna see it grow up and smash any competition out there or any upcoming competition :)

ZoomPrincess

Postby ZoomPrincess » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:14

So you would like to see this smash your Subie groups.. hahaha nice!

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:14

no I ment smash any attempt mike makes :)

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:14

jerk! but I would expect nothing less from you. :)
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

arctic_blue83

Postby arctic_blue83 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SpeedRacer @ Nov 23 2007, 11:46 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=11840]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
No... I'm a shameless traitor I'm gonna probably end up getting an Aspen White STI within 6 months or so...

I'll still be here moderating and supervising children like 6i_Guy that need supervision lol. But I'll be here to help out speed3 guys with knowledge and help on their speeds and mods and such :) wont really go anywhere this place is my baby and I wanna see it grow up and smash any competition out there or any upcoming competition :)[/b]

LOL, I know how you feel.

I must point out that I have no brand loyalty, while I think that Mazda makes some really great cars, I also realize that many other manufacturers make cars that I also enjoy that fit my wants/needs. So far I've owned a '91 Geo Storm (rebadged Isuzu, first car), a '96 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T, a '91 Toyota MR2 Turbo, a '04 Subaru WRX, a '03 Nissan 350Z, a '06 Mazdaspeed6 and am now on my 2nd Subaru ('06 STI). Out of all those cars, my WRX I owned the longest, and probably would have never sold it had there not been so many problems with it.

No traitor here, I've never claimed brand loyalty to any manufacturer lol. Although I've always been a huge Subaru fan, even before the WRX, I used to love the Impreza 2.5RS. Although I don't have any brand loyalty, I've pretty much always been loyal to more "sport compact" type of cars, as well as been loyal to the tuning/modding scene in general. I will say this though, if Mazda made another car that appealed to me more than my STI, I could see myself buying another Mazda.... I can also see myself buying several more Subaru's.... if Toyota would get their head out of their ass, and bring back cars like the MR2 turbo or Celica Alltrac GT4 (turbo AWD) I could see myself buying one of them.... at this point though, unless they brought back the Silvia, I can't see myself buying another Nissan, as I can't afford a GT-R lol.... but I can say this for certain, I don't ever want another Mitsubishi. The EVO is badass, which is great and all, and if just about any other manufacturer made it, I would buy one in a heart beat, but I'm a little bitter against Mitsu for a variety of reasons I won't go into.

I have a list of things I require in a car, some of them could change if I moved to another state:

-Horsepower. I enjoy having a good power/weight ratio in a car. My definition is different that other people's definitions, but I like to have a car with the ability to at least run 13's in the 1/4 mile in my area.

-At this altitude, a naturally aspirated car would be difficult to do that in without some considerable mods, so for this altitude, I prefer getting power from a turbo, as they're more versatile and enable me to have closer to full power everywhere.

-AWD/RWD. I don't like FWD. Ever since my Eclipse, I never have. FWD is good for daily drivers, but not for motorsports, at least compared to AWD/RWD cars. I don't like wheel-hop, torque-steer, understeer, ect. Being that it snows here in the winter, I would rather drive an AWD, to still keep the performance aspect while being prepared for winter. If I was in an area that didn't snow, I could totally see myself buying another RWD car, as they're a lot of fun!

-Sports car handling/braking. I want minimal body roll, a resistance to understeer, stupid amounts to grip and the ability to resist fade under repeated hard stops. The STI has all of these in spades.

-4 seats in my daily driver. This used to not be important to me, I didn't really care... but now, I have a GF, and my first problem arose over a year ago when my brother came out to visit and I had my 350Z... I realized I couldn't take them both with me if I went somewhere, which really sucked and got pretty irritating. I don't mind only having 2 doors, but I need 4 seats, so something like a BMW 1-series or Infiniti G35/G37 would be just fine.

-Affordable. I can't spend more money than I make on a car lol. Simple as that. I would love a BMW 335xi (twin-turbo inline-6, AWD), but can't afford something in that $47k price range.

^^^Those are basically my requirements. I bought my STI because well, it fit them best. It's faster stock than my Speed6 was modded. It handles & resists fade better. It's turbocharged, it has 4 seats, it's AWD and it's affordable. For me, it's the perfect car.

I'm not the kind of guy who needs BS options like navigation, heated seats, a monster stereo, moonroof, ect. As a matter of fact, all I've ever seen that stuff as was extra money, and extra weight that I don't need lol. I don't care about airbags (even though I have them), sound deadening, safety features, aesthetics, backseat space (as long as it's there, I don't ride in the back lol), cargo room, satelite radio, and all that other useless shit that just adds negative equity (and weight) after you buy it... one of my only questions about a car is "how does it drive?".

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeXy7 @ Nov 23 2007, 09:30 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=11784]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Our Mazda group is turning into a subie group.... I will be here all by myself....[/b]

Oh, I'm not leaving. I bought the RX-8 as my fun car to mod, and eventually I'll add a more pedestrian daily driver (which prob won't be a Mazda).

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:14

I agree with a lot of the things you said but I'll definitely be getting out the whole interior of my STI and putting down some sound deadening material I know it adds weight but i'll go to the gym to drop 20 pounds lol. I dont want an omg quiet ride but want to be able to talk to my passenger as well lol. Stereo eh not so important to me like it is Guido, Matt, or Lee. I HAVE been spoiled with my bose though so I'm sure i'll upgrade the stereo in the STI a little bit but nothing over 800 bucks probably.

Goals for my STI

Power stage 2 from cobb

suspension stage 2 from cobb

then probably get a more aggressive tune done on the accessport for when I really want to push the car. Thats really my only plans maybe a few more mods but nothing like I planned with my Speed3. I seriously doubt I'll upgrade the turbo, if I do it'll be becasue the stock one is dieing on my and I need to sp end the money anyways.

arctic_blue83

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SpeedRacer @ Nov 25 2007, 03:23 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=11918]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I agree with a lot of the things you said but I'll definitely be getting out the whole interior of my STI and putting down some sound deadening material I know it adds weight but i'll go to the gym to drop 20 pounds lol. I dont want an omg quiet ride but want to be able to talk to my passenger as well lol. Stereo eh not so important to me like it is Guido, Matt, or Lee. I HAVE been spoiled with my bose though so I'm sure i'll upgrade the stereo in the STI a little bit but nothing over 800 bucks probably.

Goals for my STI

Power stage 2 from cobb

suspension stage 2 from cobb

then probably get a more aggressive tune done on the accessport for when I really want to push the car. Thats really my only plans maybe a few more mods but nothing like I planned with my Speed3. I seriously doubt I'll upgrade the turbo, if I do it'll be becasue the stock one is dieing on my and I need to sp end the money anyways.[/b]

Those sound like simple goals. I'm with you on the power goals, that's all I want to do, is run a TBE & get it protuned. Hell, the car is quick right now stock, but about 50+whp couldn't hurt lol.

As far as suspension... I would look into that before you make up your mind. A lot of people on Nasioc will specifically recommend staying away from Cobb's springs. They have a considerable drop, and aren't easy on the STI's struts, which already tend to go out on stock STI's. I would first drive an STI, and push it to it's limits, and see if there's really any reason to upgrade... the car handles like you wouldn't believe in stock form. If you still need more, find out what areas you feel it's lacking in, and go from there.

The biggest bang/buck handling mod you can do is tires. Without a doubt. Stickier rubber will always help in the right conditions.

With an STI, if you're just trying to get rid of what little body roll they have, and want to stay a little flatter through turns without sacrificing ride quality, I recommend just running sway bars and calling it a day. If you just want a little more oversteer, instead of upgrading both sway bars, just run a larger rear sway bar, or if upgrading both, use an adjustable bar in the rear to dial in your rear bar stiffness. Endlinks wouldn't be a bad idea either (endlinks connect your sway bar(s) to the car itself), as a sway bar isn't very useful if it's stiffness can't be transferred to the suspension, and endlinks are cheap.

From there if you still want more, the most recommended springs to improve handling on an STI are the JDM STI "Pink" springs. Yes, they're pink. They don't lower the car too much, but they will drastically cut down body roll without being too harsh on your stock struts. A lot of people will also recommend picking up a set of Group N tophats to go with them.

If at that point, you're still not satisfied, you may want to look into adjustable camber plates, as being able to dial in a little negative camber will allow you to use more of your car's contact patch in corners. Playing with camber/caster plates is something you'll have to decide if you want to do on your own. Or maybe you'd just like a little more control, and a set of adjustable/revalveable shocks/struts are in order... or maybe full blown coilovers, but unless you're a hardcore track junky, or just like to blow money, I don't think you'll ever get to that point. For more info on STI (or just general) suspension tuning, check this out: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=680651

SpeedRacer

Very cool! Didn't know that about hte stage 2 and i'll definitely be wary of it now and do like ya said drive one without it and decide. I'll figure out the mod list for the car next winter in terms of power but it wont be anything ridiculous. I would like around 330whp though but if it is gonna cost 7k to do it no thanks lol. I definitely agree with the tires point and thats one thing i'll be spending good money on and im sure I could get them free too via sponsorship ties I had with my speed..

arctic_blue83

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SpeedRacer @ Nov 25 2007, 04:05 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=11924]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Very cool! Didn't know that about hte stage 2 and i'll definitely be wary of it now and do like ya said drive one without it and decide. I'll figure out the mod list for the car next winter in terms of power but it wont be anything ridiculous. I would like around 330whp though but if it is gonna cost 7k to do it no thanks lol. I definitely agree with the tires point and thats one thing i'll be spending good money on and im sure I could get them free too via sponsorship ties I had with my speed..[/b]

With a good tune & TBE, an STI should be able to put down between 310-325whp on MAC's overinflated dyno. You can piece together a good DP+cat-back (TBE) combo used on Nasioc for about $400-600, and can probably find an Accessport there for $300-400 if you look around, then it's just a matter of having it tuned, so really, you can make around 310-325whp for around $800-1200 with the cost of tuning. If you need more power than that, I would invest in a good set of headers (or PnP stock manifold), some larger injectors and retune the car for more boost.

Like I was talking to you about earlier though, don't let my bitterness with Mitsubishi sway you away from considering an EVO... you want to talk about cheap bolt-on power, mod for mod, the EVO will wipe the floor with the STI. Drive both, then tell me how you feel.... I remember before I bought my 350Z, I really wanted an S2000, and just figured I would drive both, even though I was leaning towards the S2000... after driving both, I fell in love with the 350Z and bought one. Sometimes the car that you think looks better, or seems to have more of what you're looking for on paper isn't always the car you enjoy driving more. Test drive the EVO too. Trust me, more people actually prefer the EVO, it's badass, I just have my own reasoning for buying an STI... which I don't want to get into.

SpeedRacer

Oh no worries I just dont like the body style of the EVO's thats why I push more away from them.

arctic_blue83

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SpeedRacer @ Nov 25 2007, 05:15 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=11933]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Oh no worries I just dont like the body style of the EVO's thats why I push more away from them.[/b]

Really? I always thought the EVO was pretty good looking:

^^^Especially when doing cool shit like that lol.

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”