Prima! Quick review of a Swirl, Amigo, Banana Gloss

Detailing tips, Pictures of your ride, Photoshop requests
yoojeankim

Postby yoojeankim » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:14

IMO ONR (optimum no rinse) is the best car wash method to not harm the car surface with 2 bucket method. Also i love prima products but only certain ones as i think some are just over priced & not worth it. ONR is a much better quick detail spray/ clay lub then Prima Slick.

method:
wash -> clay -> tape -> check surface with flood lights -> determine how deep you want to cut or need to -> 1-2 step polish -> alcohol wipe down -> wax sealant -> (next step if you want to add more shine/car show) carnuaba wax and also u can add glaze
1995 Chaste White RX7 "The White Mamba" :cool:

yoojeankim

Postby yoojeankim » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:14

also huzer i've done a lot of product testing for Nick (prima owner) and after going back n forth with products i like the combo with having Epic on over night on my car then i mist Hydro to wipe it off. Let me know if you try that and how u like it, i think it makes a gloss that's hard to mimic. I'd like to input that Menzerna's polish are A+ and i'd say Prima's cut polish & swirl are around B-
1995 Chaste White RX7 "The White Mamba" :cool:

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:14

yoojeankim wrote:also huzer i've done a lot of product testing for Nick (prima owner) and after going back n forth with products i like the combo with having Epic on over night on my car then i mist Hydro to wipe it off. Let me know if you try that and how u like it, i think it makes a gloss that's hard to mimic. I'd like to input that Menzerna's polish are A+ and i'd say Prima's cut polish & swirl are around B-

Thanks for the input. I haven't used a ton of correction products...some cheap compounds (Meguiars/Mothers/etc), and the Swirl was much better than either of those. I'll definitely have to give Epic a shot. The BG was easy to use, but it doesn't seem like it'll be very durable. I've always liked Amigo, it was the first Prima product I used.
[color="RoyalBlue"]1992 Miata Project[/color]

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:14

I'll revise my thoughts on Swirl. I'll give it an "ok". I still like the Meguiars UC (prefer it, in fact), and still really like Amigo. BG is awesome for how easy it is to apply. I doubt I'll ever get into any of the really expensive detailing products, as even Prima pushes my limit.

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:14

Detailed both the Tundra and the Murano this weekend. I have some Chemical Guys pads for the PC. The wife's Murano has had sap on it for YEARS on the hood...she used to park in the shade of a pine tree when she went to the office. Ugh. So, after neglected that, I had to break out the sandpaper. I wetsanded the portions of the hood that had sap with some 2000, then polished out with some Swirl X/Ultimate Compound. It came out great. When I called my wife out to check out the hood, she asked how I did it and I showed her the sandpaper. "You're brave" was the reply.

I like the Chemical Guys pads vs the Lake Country pads I had before.

Return to “Finishing Touches and Detailing”