Recommendations for interior detailing?

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:14

New to the forum, and have been considering detailing. Looking around in the Castle Rock area, there is the Motospa off of Founders and there is a detail place off of Santa Fe and Castle Pines Pkwy. Just not sure they would give the love to my car I would really want though they certainly talk the game well. For the interior detail I was looking into at motospa, it was 120.0. I don't think you could get a real interior detail for much less than that. I also want to change the color of myy interior accents and carpet.

Dange,
I bought my car used and the guy told me it was repainted by a professional, but once I got it into good light, I would have to say he used the professional term rather loosely. What kind of imperfections in paint can be taken out through the polishing process? Also, I would like ot debadge and paint my badging and reapply. would you reccomned removal of the badges before doing any exterior polishins sanding. Seems to me that makes the most sense. By the way its a sunlight silver hatch back if paint color matters.

Thanks,
Ryan

Dange

Postby Dange » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:14

personally I dont feel comfortable with wetsanding. I dont want to be responsible without a shops insurance for the possibility of messing up paint.

buffer with cutting compound can get rid of most spiderwebbing/swirls etc. chips you cant get out period. and wetsand CAN get rid of alot of orangepeel aslong as the spray wasnt very thin.
04MSMGT

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:14

Just looked up "orange peel" and that seems to describe a lot of what I have going on. Recommendations? Should I just slowly work on wetsanding my entire car?

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:14

Shadowden wrote:Just looked up "orange peel" and that seems to describe a lot of what I have going on. Recommendations? Should I just slowly work on wetsanding my entire car?

I wouldn't attempt that if it were my car. Any idea what shop did the bad paintjob? Pics?

I know a few members have had paint/body work done, maybe you could get some referrals/quotes?
one and one makes two, together we are free

Glitch

Postby Glitch » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:14

Got tired of the swirls and such from auto washes. Hand washes only for me now. I know it's not in your area, but this seems to be the thread for recommendations of car care now :P

Steve's Detailing - DTC Area. Hand wash is 20$. Guy who runs it is named Wade, does a great job. Soon as my paint finishes curing, I'll be taking it in for a full detail.
2008 VR RX-8 - Tint, AFE SS, Debadged
2008 CB FZ6 - Lots of mods...

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:14

I had to wet sand portions of my RX8, but that was from overspray. That was, IMO, easier to deal with than orange peel. I don't think I'd attempt orange peel work on an entire car myself. Way more work than I'm willing to do.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:14

kingtut wrote:I wouldn't attempt that if it were my car. Any idea what shop did the bad paintjob? Pics?

I know a few members have had paint/body work done, maybe you could get some referrals/quotes?

Car came from Arizona. I'm tempted to contact the guy I bought it from and ask him who the paint shop was. Could definately kick myself for not looking at the paint closer...now that I have, I don't even need to look closely:(

lowball

Postby lowball » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:14

If anybody is still needing any detailing done, I have been doing this for some time now as my "part time income". I can come to you and will absolutely take pride in your car as it was my own and I use all professional products (Auto magic). Judging from what I see in those 3 pics of the kids "ice cream" stains, I am confident I can make that car look NEW again. I can also do exterior detailing (wetsanding, buffing, polishing, sealant, etc) and have ALL of my own equipment. Any of you can reach me on my cell at 720-838-3387. -Mike

Return to “Interior Modifications”