Fiberglass Sub Enclosure

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Memphis @ Jan 11 2008, 03:45 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=17748]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
well 6i_guy,, in those pics, is that the kinda of sub enclosure your looking to do? just a single 10 or 12 tucked in the corner?[/b]

single 12" on the side. Did you see the other pics in the 2nd link? they give you a better idea of
how it fits in the trunk. I was doing more research and my jl 12w3v2 can do 1.0 cu ft after all.
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

memphis

Postby memphis » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:14

Well doing a simple set up like that really shouldnt be to hard to do.. just gotta create a good solid base and they use fleece to wrap around a MDF ring and fiberglass it all.. Shouldnt be to hard to do..

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Memphis @ Jan 12 2008, 10:47 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=17858]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Well doing a simple set up like that really shouldnt be to hard to do.. just gotta create a good solid base and they use fleece to wrap around a MDF ring and fiberglass it all.. Shouldnt be to hard to do..[/b]

I was just amazed to see a box designed to fit in our cars and was sorta lost in the moment. I still think that 300
for a fiberglass box isn't too bad, yes doing it yourself would be cheaper, but this is quite a bit less than what
it would cost to have CT or UE do it for you. Both quoted 1k or more.....which I think is a bit much...

thanks for the input guys, just thought I would share my find since someone of you where considering boxes
and all. I know most of you want to diy.
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

LM

Postby LM » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:14

I have found the perfect sub for you.... :D

SILLY SUB

WTF!!!

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:14

lil MTV's pimp my ride right there ^^^
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

rx8ghost

Postby rx8ghost » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lightnin McQueen @ Jan 15 2008, 05:38 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=18268]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>

SILLY SUB

WTF!!![/b]

Oh man I already have 4 of those in the truck and I replaced all but the drivers seat with those. I can't actually turn my radio on or the bass will stop my heart... :lol:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mods:
Veilside D1-GT Body kit, Axailflow Short Shifter, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, Proshift Gauges, Greddy Turbo Kit w/ Cobb AccessPORT, TurboXS exhaust w/ race pipe, CarPC, Synapse BOV, AEM Intake

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lightnin McQueen @ Jan 15 2008, 05:38 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=18268]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>

SILLY SUB

WTF!!![/b]

that is pretty beastly...don't think that will fit anywhere in my car. The price doesn't fit my wallet....and basically that is just obscene.
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

goldrocket

Postby goldrocket » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (6i_guy @ Jan 10 2008, 04:40 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=17419]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Hello everyone,

well surfing the web I found this place that has boxes already made for the 6, rx8
you can get a 10" or 12" box for the 6 and a 10" box for the rx-8.
I called then and ...they are made with fiberglass but have a wooden ring to mount the sub.
Thinking about going this route...thoughts anyone? Looks like all the boxes are 299.00

The only downside I see is the mazda6 12" box is only 1 cu ft where
as the jl specs recommend a sealed enclosure be 1.25 cu ft ...any issues with this?

http://www.wickedcas.com/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=1

link to just 6 pics:
http://www.wickedcas.com/gallery/v/magicboxes/MAZDA6/[/b]

You can use an Alpine Type R 12 in that box, and it will sound great. They only need .75 cubic feet in a sealed box, 1 cube will make it a little smoother and play deeper.
Al says
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!:eek:

tsx_guy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (goldrocket @ Jan 15 2008, 02:36 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=18354]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
You can use an Alpine Type R 12 in that box, and it will sound great. They only need .75 cubic feet in a sealed box, 1 cube will make it a little smoother and play deeper.[/b]

going to try my current jl in it as it can do 1 cu ft to hear how it sounds, looking at a boston g212-44 as it is designed for 1 cu ft
and it looks like it is better built. I will keep the type r in mind, it was on my list of initial choices, but the JL deal I found
was too good to pass up.
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

LM

Postby LM » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:14

On the subject of JackHammers...this made me laugh

This is gonna blow your car the #$@& up!!!

rx8ghost

Postby rx8ghost » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:14

Bouston makes amazing speakers but I've heard better overall reviews for Alpine. But I HIGHLY recommend the JackHammer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mods:
Veilside D1-GT Body kit, Axailflow Short Shifter, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, Proshift Gauges, Greddy Turbo Kit w/ Cobb AccessPORT, TurboXS exhaust w/ race pipe, CarPC, Synapse BOV, AEM Intake

goldrocket

Postby goldrocket » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:14

It depends on what you're looking to get out of them. Alpine Type R is THE best bang for buck on the planet right now. $139 delivered anf they handle 1000W of input power. They play extremely low in small boxes and hve a ton of output. I've built sound systems for Rockford, Infinity, JBL and Alpine. Some played at 160 dB. But for product available right now for not a ton of money Alpine wins hands down in sound quality and output. But the MOST important thing in you sub bass output is the amp. Period. If you have a sub and need an enclosure design, PM me. I have professional audio design software and I'll give the design for free if you email me specs or at least a model number I will tell you what box it willperform best in. I have made $30 8" woofers play over 140 dB in the right box with proper amplification. If you need the web address for the price I gave on the alpine's just ask or look back in some o the other posts in the car audio section. You don't need to spend a lot of money, just the money on the right stuff.
Al says
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!:eek:

tsx_guy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (goldrocket @ Jan 15 2008, 06:56 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=18407]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
It depends on what you're looking to get out of them. Alpine Type R is THE best bang for buck on the planet right now. $139 delivered anf they handle 1000W of input power. They play extremely low in small boxes and hve a ton of output. I've built sound systems for Rockford, Infinity, JBL and Alpine. Some played at 160 dB. But for product available right now for not a ton of money Alpine wins hands down in sound quality and output. But the MOST important thing in you sub bass output is the amp. Period. If you have a sub and need an enclosure design, PM me. I have professional audio design software and I'll give the design for free if you email me specs or at least a model number I will tell you what box it willperform best in. I have made $30 8" woofers play over 140 dB in the right box with proper amplification. If you need the web address for the price I gave on the alpine's just ask or look back in some o the other posts in the car audio section. You don't need to spend a lot of money, just the money on the right stuff.[/b]

thanks gr, I am using the apline mrp-m650 to drive my 12" which I have to say is more than enough for me. I have the gain/db set to 1/4 of its capacity. :lol: overkill probably, but I didn't want to worry about upgrading the amp later.
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

memphis

Postby memphis » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:14

So I finally got my garage somewhat cleaned up this week, so I think Im gonna start on my projects that I have been wanting to get to.. I think the first thing Im gonna do is some new kick pods.. I'll take some pics and keep you guys up to date on how there are turning out..

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:14

Hey when you start this memphis try and take pics and write up a DIY for anyone who wants to know how..
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes

http://www.TitanTuff.com

Return to “Interior Modifications”