Suggestions?

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:14

Well, I don't really want to do any further mechanical or exterior mods with winter rolling in, so that has pointed me towards the interior. I need to get my cupholder removal back in line, and paint those side trim pieces. I ordered some piano black door handle bezels, couldn't find the piano black ashtray cover other than in the UK, and I wasn't about to spend the $163 for a 3"x5" piece of plastic.

Any suggestions/ideas for further low key mods for the interior? I'm thinking that my girlfriend may be getting the MS shift knob for me. Audio wise, I was thinking of merely swapping out the speakers at some point, but not doing much else. Don't really have a set budget or anything..mainly, I'm just bored. haha.

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:14

Sound deadening- sure it adds weight, but not really that much and the weight gets smeared all over the car anyway
Amp for the speakers
New head unit
Harness bar with a 4 point harness- I don't know if there are actually any harness bars available for the RX-8.
Different driver and possibly passenger seat- I don't know how good the seats are in the RX-8, but a tight and well bolstered race style seat makes a HUGE improvement in chassis feel (would complement the harness bar and harness too)
Pedal covers?
Gauges (voltage, oil pressure, water temp, fuel pressure, oil temp.....)- even if the RX-8 has these stock, usually factory gauges filter out all the noise and the guage needle never moves (unlike aftermarket gauges). If you're planning on going FI, you may want to have some of these at some point anyway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1997 Explorer XLT - 4.0 SOHC V6 Controltrac 4x4
mods- 30" BFGs, AAL + TT = 1.5" lift, more to come

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MazdaTom @ Nov 28 2007, 09:01 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=12339]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Sound deadening- sure it adds weight, but not really that much and the weight gets smeared all over the car anyway
Amp for the speakers
New head unit
Harness bar with a 4 point harness- I don't know if there are actually any harness bars available for the RX-8.
Different driver and possibly passenger seat- I don't know how good the seats are in the RX-8, but a tight and well bolstered race style seat makes a HUGE improvement in chassis feel (would complement the harness bar and harness too)
Pedal covers?
Gauges (voltage, oil pressure, water temp, fuel pressure, oil temp.....)- even if the RX-8 has these stock, usually factory gauges filter out all the noise and the guage needle never moves (unlike aftermarket gauges). If you're planning on going FI, you may want to have some of these at some point anyway.[/b]

Thanks, I was definitely planning on going with a gauge pod in the future with the FI taking place. Probably the Racing beat pod. The factory gauges in the 8 (oil pressure specifically) is just a dummy gauge.

firestoned

Postby firestoned » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:14

why dont you fix your scratched-ass window tint.....ahem

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (firestoned @ Nov 30 2007, 07:33 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=12639]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
why dont you fix your scratched-ass window tint.....ahem[/b]

Just let me know when you've got time! That's more of a repair than a mod, though.

firestoned

Postby firestoned » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Nov 30 2007, 08:21 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=12647]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Just let me know when you've got time! That's more of a repair than a mod, though.[/b]

Ive always got time, I just cant always remember where I put it....its only about a half hour worth of work to remove and redo that one, so YOU let ME know.... ;)

Return to “Interior Modifications”