Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
RyanRx-8

Postby RyanRx-8 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:14

I'm Ryan I just Bought A 2004 Rx-8. I Got A Good Deal On The Car Only Downside Is The Previous Owner Had A Huge System In It And When They Traded It In They Took It Out So Now The Wiring Is Kind Of Messed Up, The Sunroof Wont Open The Heater Wont Work And The Head Lamps Wont Turn On. I Just Need A Factory Stereo And Can Anyone Help As Far As How Much Its Going To Cost To Rewire Or Someone Or A Place That Will Do It Kind Of Cheap? Thanks For Your Help

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:14

Not sure what your missing but I have the Full Factory Stereo. The full face with butons and also a factory 6-disc changer. That should get you heat and airconditioning again seeing you can get 2 wiring harnesses for the AC controlls. Not sure how much I'd sell it all though.

How bad is all the wiring? Can you take pics. That's weird that the Map lights or Sunroof won't work. Did they have a TV up there and screwed all the wiring?

BTW Welcome

ImageImage

T-time

Postby T-time » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:14

welcome
[size=84]Reclaim the Republic. Restore the Constitution.[/SIZE]

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:14

Welcome! Sorry to hear about your situation...

Electrical issues can be a PITA because they can take much longer to just diagnose than actually fix...so it's pretty hard to give you an estimate as to how much any shop would charge to fix it, especially over the internet without seeing the issue.

How many miles does the car have? It's a long shot, but if you're under 50k miles you try taking it a Mazda dealership. Or did you buy the car used from a factory dealer? If so you could try taking it back and make them fix it for you...
:eek:

RyanRx-8

Postby RyanRx-8 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:14

The Car Has 44k I Bought It From A Used Car Dealership And Let Me Know How Much You Want For The Stereo Set Up. Im Going To Take It To A Mazda Dealership And See What They Say.

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:14

Welcome. Sorry to hear about you car problems. If the dealer doesn't work out and you want to take a trip down to the springs, I can help you.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:14

RyanRx-8 wrote:The Car Has 44k I Bought It From A Used Car Dealership And Let Me Know How Much You Want For The Stereo Set Up. Im Going To Take It To A Mazda Dealership And See What They Say.

Hey send me a PM. What all does it have. Does it have the stereo in it already? Can you upload some pics of the dash and stereo?
I called Mazda of Lakewood to get a price quote on the parts I have so I could figure out a fair price to sell them.

Did you get the car from Northglenn Doge? If you want can you send me the VIN# so I can call Mazda of Lakewood again. They had the car there a week ago and had put in a work order. If it's the same RX-8 then I can tell you how much the work order was and what it all needs.

To me sounds like it's going to be expensive and the guy on the phone even suggested you take it back. Mind me asking how much you picked it up for?

ImageImage

TheNewBlack

Postby TheNewBlack » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:14

Welcome! Hopefully Jimmy can get you set on the right track as far as getting that electrical work checked out.
2013 FRS

RyanRx-8

Thanks for all your help guys i really do appreciate it! I heard its something with the brain it needs with the factory stereo i guess im not sure though. im not used to these cars at all. i pmd gr-8 and rx-7 chris thanks again!

RX-7 Chris

Sent you a pm back

Edit: I'm going to post when I sent you on here so there is no repeated info.

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

My Car Blog

RX-7 Chris

The PM I sent:

It seems like there they would have had to cut some of the wires in the car to have all the problems you are having. Normally when you install a stereo on a newer car, you just buy one of those adapters that plug right into the existing harness. The existing stereo should go into the dash lights to light up the stereo. I would start by checking the fuses. I would bet the fuse for the headlights is blown. Look at the hole where the stereo was removed and tape off any exposed wire with electrical tape. I'm sure the guy that did the stereo just did half ass job on the stereo.

I would really look hard for exposed wires before I'd drive the car much if I were you. I bought my car from a friend of mine and when he first bought it he had an electrical fire under the dash cause by a stereo that was wired wrong. The stereo had been wired in without a fuse to the side of the main fuse block that wasn't fused. So when he was driving it the old crappy stereo that was in it shorted out and melted every wire that was near the stereo wire. I had to rewire a ton of the dash and still have some to work out 8 years later. I'm not saying that will happen to your car, it is just a worst case scenario.

My Car Blog

RyanRx-8

I just got off the phone with the dealership they are re wiring it all tomorrow and putting a stereo in it free of charge. thanks for your help guys ill let you know how it turns out.

RX-7 Chris

that is great to know. Glad it will be all fixed.

My Car Blog

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:14

RyanRx-8 wrote:I just got off the phone with the dealership they are re wiring it all tomorrow and putting a stereo in it free of charge. thanks for your help guys ill let you know how it turns out.

Glad things worked out and the dealer stood behind their sale. I wonder why they sold it like that in the first place though:huh:
one and one makes two, together we are free

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:14

RyanRx-8 wrote:I just got off the phone with the dealership they are re wiring it all tomorrow and putting a stereo in it free of charge. thanks for your help guys ill let you know how it turns out.

That's cool. Just got your PM. I'm supposed to be calling Mazda of Lakewood in a few to see about that work order. I'll call eventhough this is worked out. Just so you know exactly what work was ordered to be done and what should be fixed.

Be forewarned though that if they put in an aftermarket HU like the previous owner did you will not have A/C, Heat, and the LCD panel above the stereo will not work. The Brain on the Stock stereo controls all that and the only way to have it work is by getting a dash kit with a brain replacement. The only one I'm aware of is the Metra Dash kit that everyone uses.

If the previous owner didn't get the Dash kit and just cut the wire from the harness it'll be fun gettingall that wired back up right.

ImageImage

Return to “Interior Modifications”