Painting Your Own Parts

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
deepSpeedMS3

Painting Your Own Parts

Postby deepSpeedMS3 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:14

If i were to buy a can of factory 22v paint to paint some of my car parts (lets say eyelids/brows)......and if i did it in the garage. would the quality still be ok? would i need a gloss finish?

let me know
B) deepSpeed MS3 B)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Going fast and looking good...it's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle. EdgeAutosport.com [size=100]- [/SIZE]- [size=100]Supplying parts to all major imports [/SIZE] - Locally owned in Colorado

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Thu May 07, 2009 9:14

you will probably be ok doing something like the brows but not anything bigger.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

AIM WO4

Postby AIM WO4 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:14

There are some pics in my gallery of what I painted under my hood.

AIM WO4
[color=#339966][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=gray]CMZƆ[/color][/color][/font]
[size=75]2012 Sinful Sallow, Evo X GSR[/SIZE]

deepSpeedMS3

looks real nice. did you use a aersol can? where'd you buy it? would you be willing to help me out when the time comes and i buy some? (wont be for a while)
B) deepSpeed MS3 B)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Going fast and looking good...it's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle. EdgeAutosport.com [size=100]- [/SIZE]- [size=100]Supplying parts to all major imports [/SIZE] - Locally owned in Colorado

AIM WO4

Postby AIM WO4 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:14

I ordered a spray can on-line. One of the Mazda sites has them quite cheap. If you want it to look exactly like your exterior, you'll need clearcoat, too. There's always room in someone's garage around here. If I have time, I can assist.
AIM WO4

[color=#339966][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=gray]CMZƆ[/color][/color][/font]

[size=75]2012 Sinful Sallow, Evo X GSR[/SIZE]

deepSpeedMS3

cool. ill let you know when i get them in
B) deepSpeed MS3 B)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:14

ive done all the engine bay cobers and they look great. did my wherls ad well.

you will need clear if you want them to look right. saturday i will be helping BMWZOOM (Bree) paint some interior parts im sure you could stop buy and u could takle yours at the same time.

deepSpeedMS3

that would be awesome...when and where? where is a good place to pick up some paint for interior and engine parts. I dont have a eyelids yet....we will have to do those when i purchase them. Do you have any picks of your parts you painted? very insterested in seeing them!
B) deepSpeed MS3 B)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Thu May 07, 2009 9:14

You can check out my old thread: Painted Center Console

It came out really nice. I consider it a compliment that nobody knows it was rattle can painted until I tell 'em. Most think it's stock.

GR-8

deepSpeedMS3 wrote:that would be awesome...when and where? where is a good place to pick up some paint for interior and engine parts. I dont have a eyelids yet....we will have to do those when i purchase them. Do you have any picks of your parts you painted? very insterested in seeing them!

The where is Bree's casa. The when IDK yet... that is up to her.

I go to Allen paint to get my paints. They mix it perfect and will also, for a small fee, put the paint in rattle cans for you. I recently found that it is cheaper to buy online. About $20 a can but if you must have the paint now Allen is a good place. It's a few blocks North or South of Evans on Broadway. I reccomened spending the $20 for a special can of clear that has Hardener in it. It's a one time use. Once the seal inside is broken it's good for 24hrs.

I have pics around the forum. Probably in the interior and exterior sections. Also in the RX-8 sections. I will pos some later tonight when I get home.

Also, have you ever thought of doing eyelids out of vinyl. There are several members that had done vinyl eyelids. Cut to whatever shap you desire. The color matched the body well too. A lot cheaper might I add.

deepSpeedMS3

i just talked to a guy at street concepts about that. i think i am going to do that. i need to get my headlight and taillight Lamin-x first
B) deepSpeed MS3 B)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GR-8

Here are my wheels I painted a few weeks ago.
Here is my bumper. (I painted the black in the front there)
This Shows off my door panels and center console.
And an old pick of the engine bay from when I had my old K&N in there.

My next plan is paint the center heater vents, the dash peice above them, and the ashtray door gloss black to match up with the stereo. (Piano-Black)

deepSpeedMS3

Postby deepSpeedMS3 » Fri May 08, 2009 9:14

thats so nice. you will forsure have to tell me when you guys get together? did you get all that paint a Allens?
B) deepSpeed MS3 B)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Fri May 08, 2009 9:14

yeah got all that at allen. I have even touched up my side skirts a few times with a rattle can.

PM me ur number and i can txt u when i finf out from bree.

Return to “Interior Modifications”