Thank god for other Rx8 Owners

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
rx8ghost

Thank god for other Rx8 Owners

Postby rx8ghost » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:14

I had no idea what I was gonna do with my gauge set up until I saw this: http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=133938

I'm gonna do that exactly for the Ashtray and then an Innovate DB-Red Gauge/LC-1 Wideband Kit will fit in the top 3 gauges.

Next month I'll order the Nordskog Boost/Vacuum and Volt gauges and probably re arranged everything but I've hit budget for now :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mods:
Veilside D1-GT Body kit, Axailflow Short Shifter, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, Proshift Gauges, Greddy Turbo Kit w/ Cobb AccessPORT, TurboXS exhaust w/ race pipe, CarPC, Synapse BOV, AEM Intake

Colombia28

Postby Colombia28 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:14

Wow that is a nice setup.
2008 Cosmic Blue Speed3 - NEW :D
2006 Copper Red Mica 3 hatch - SOLD :(
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

rx8ghost

Postby rx8ghost » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:14

Thanks. I really had no clue what I was going to do till I saw this and for a very reasonable price too. I spent right around $500 for everything listed the other post plus the wideband :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mods:
Veilside D1-GT Body kit, Axailflow Short Shifter, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, Proshift Gauges, Greddy Turbo Kit w/ Cobb AccessPORT, TurboXS exhaust w/ race pipe, CarPC, Synapse BOV, AEM Intake

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:14

I thought you had the 3 gauge pod mount that went in the middle/top of the dash?

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:14

I just will never understand ANYONE who does gauge pods down below... Aren't they there for information? Are you really going to be looking at your shifter anytime you want to see whats going on instead of driving? Its definitely a nice setup just don't see how its safe if you're trying to watch it and drive.
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:14

SpeedRacer wrote:I just will never understand ANYONE who does gauge pods down below... Aren't they there for information? Are you really going to be looking at your shifter anytime you want to see whats going on instead of driving? Its definitely a nice setup just don't see how its safe if you're trying to watch it and drive.

Exactly how I feel about that guage pod..... Why get rid of the ashtray to have guages where you won't be looking..... Just use a wasted space like on top of the dash..... When I go FI I'm getting me the pod setup that is a direct replacement for the dash peice on top of the HU....Bam.... right in the middle of the window where I'm likely to be looking every few seconds while checking mirrors and the area around me....

But lots of people like that setup on RX-8club.... IDK why.... but they do.... Oh well what can you do about it.....

ImageImage

rx8ghost

Postby rx8ghost » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:14

Well I am keeping the 3 Pod on top of the dash but I also need room for more gauges and the A Pillar takes up a lot of space and creates more blind spots. I'm putting gauges I don't have to look at constantly down below. I'll have Boost/Wideband/Oil Press up top and then Oil Temp/Water Temp/Volts down below for the time being. My goal is to keep the interior as close to stock as possible and hide what I can so this provides a great solution.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mods:

Return to “Interior Modifications”