Head Unit manufacturer ranking...

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
goldrocket

Postby goldrocket » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:14

I have had Pioneer and Alpine decks. Both have good sound quality. Alpine's have far beeter user interfaces, meaning: subwoofer level and eq controls are easier to access and don't require staring at the display to operate. Apline has had this down for decades, literally. Plus the fact that in the many years I have been installing, I have not seen depenabilty like Alpine's in any other brand...Period. If you want iPod interface, look into the iXA, ida-x100, ida-x305, ida-x200, or any of the Alpine iPod media head units. They come with the cable. And the Alpine iPod cable should never cost you more than $30, their suggested retail price.

BTW, I can usually beat Cruthfield's prices.
Al says
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!:eek:

Operator

Postby Operator » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:14

- Alpine
- Clarion
- Denon
- Eclipse
- JVC
- Kenwood
- Panasonic
- Pioneer

If you surf the net for the best prices, you can get most of them for a really good deal. Alpine tends to get the nod as a good SQ HU. But you just have to search for what fits you.

RedRoadster

Postby RedRoadster » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:14

Whoa. Thread back from the dead.
95 Classic Red Miata - 'Kona'
Racing Beat Sways, AEM WB O2 sensor, ACT clutch, Ground Control Springs, Bilstein HDs, Fat Cat bumpstops, 95 stock 14s (winter) or 99 sport 15s (summer)
Flyin' Miata stuff:
FM II Link GT2560R turbo, Butterfly brace, N/A dual exhaust, Oil filter relo kit, Rear shock mounts

08 Sunlight Silver Mazda 3s GT Sedan - 'Tuna'
OEM Wing spoiler, Sirius and Media switcher

05 Onyx Black Mazda 6i Hatchback - 'Smokey'

Sp|ndem|c

Postby Sp|ndem|c » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:14

I've heard many different manufactures except for Eclipse. I've heard they produce very good sound, but I have never personally had a chance to listen to one. I have always been an Alpine fan and IMHO think they produce and very fine product, both sound quality and durability. I have an Alpine IVA-D100 in my 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 at the moment and have been very impressed by it. I'm probably going to be upgrading to a double din soon so the IVA-D100 will be for sale if anyone is interested...
2010 Audi Q5
Stock :(

2010 Harley Davidson Super Glide Custom
Rinehart 2-2 Staggerd Chrome (in the mail)

**FOR SALE**
HKS SSQV BOV and Flange - $200
AUTOEXE Strut Tower Bar -Front - Waiting on tbot

Return to “Interior Modifications”