Painting all my emblems red

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
tavisto

Postby tavisto » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:14

What do you guys think about me painting all my emblems red. Then having Eric make me a nice red vinyl MAZDASPEED sticker that is just like the one on the dash? I couldn't find any emblems online anywhere that were red, so I think painting them is my only option.

What kind of paint should I use, and what is the best way to paint these things?

I also want to paint my wheels black, but I think that can be a separate project that can wait for a bit.
--- Tavisto
    '08 1/2 Black Mica Mazdaspeed 3 GT
  • 18% tint
  • ?
  • Profit!

RX-7drifter

Postby RX-7drifter » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:14

wow we have a nother jack lol

doing the emblems red would look clean and red mazdaspeed

paint wise i'm not to sure i just go to walmart and and just grab paint

T4 turbo, custom magnaflow exauhst, intake

bmwzoom

Postby bmwzoom » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:14

I think painting them red would be pretty cool, matches your interior! I like the black wheels too... thats what I plan on doing to my 6 :D

dommo_g

Postby dommo_g » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RX-7drifter @ Jun 4 2008, 05:47 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=50232]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
wow we have a nother jack lol

doing the emblems red would look clean and red mazdaspeed

paint wise i'm not to sure i just go to walmart and and just grab paint[/b]

Umm yeah....NO. If it were black, maybe. It's not hard to match black. Go to a Mazda dealership and see if they sell color matched paint in a rattle can. Parts dep't should have it. The Dodge dealers sell rattlecans of color match for about $9, so I think it shouldn't be much more than that.

RX-7drifter

Postby RX-7drifter » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dommo_g @ Jun 4 2008, 08:25 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=50241]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Umm yeah....NO. If it were black, maybe. It's not hard to match black. Go to a Mazda dealership and see if they sell color matched paint in a rattle can. Parts dep't should have it. The Dodge dealers sell rattlecans of color match for about $9, so I think it shouldn't be much more than that.[/b]

isn't he looking for red

T4 turbo, custom magnaflow exauhst, intake

tavisto

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dommo_g @ Jun 4 2008, 08:25 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=50241]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Umm yeah....NO. If it were black, maybe. It's not hard to match black. Go to a Mazda dealership and see if they sell color matched paint in a rattle can. Parts dep't should have it. The Dodge dealers sell rattlecans of color match for about $9, so I think it shouldn't be much more than that.[/b]

Right on, yeah that sounds like a good idea. I will check when I take my car in to get my radio replaced this week. Otherwise I will just go to Napa or something and pick out some high gloss automotive paint. I currently don't have any red on the outside of my car so I am not too worried about matching the shade to anything other than than being close to the trim on the interior.

If I screw them up really bad then I suppose I can just order a new set of chrome or black ones.
--- Tavisto
  • 18% tint
  • ?
  • Profit!

rush24

Postby rush24 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tavisto @ Jun 4 2008, 08:45 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=50248]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Right on, yeah that sounds like a good idea. I will check when I take my car in to get my radio replaced this week. Otherwise I will just go to Napa or something and pick out some high gloss automotive paint. I currently don't have any red on the outside of my car so I am not too worried about matching the shade to anything other than than being close to the trim on the interior.

If I screw them up really bad then I suppose I can just order a new set of chrome or black ones.[/b]

Pick up the red caliper paint... So if u decide to paint the calipers red the emblems will match... I used the blue caliper paint on my old 3 emblems and calipers... So it works...and its easy paint to match..
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=134]
2007 Black CX7

Apexcone Raptor 6000k HID...
[color=Black]Corksport Turbo Inlet Pipe

Forge V1 BPV...ProSport Boost Gauge
3" DP back Exhaust System
[/color][/font][/SIZE]...[color=Black]PG SRI
SURE Motor Mount...
[/color]

Dash Hawk...Altered Customs CX-7 FMIC

tavisto

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rush24 @ Jun 4 2008, 08:05 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=50252]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Pick up the red caliper paint... So if u decide to paint the calipers red the emblems will match... I used the blue caliper paint on my old 3 emblems and calipers... So it works...and its easy paint to match..[/b]

Cool I will do that thanks.
--- Tavisto
  • 18% tint
  • ?
  • Profit!

dommo_g

Postby dommo_g » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:14

Oh shit....I don't know why I thought your car was red and the emblems were getting painted red too. I didn't even look at your avatar and see the BLACK CAR there....lulz. Disregard my previous statement.

How do you think it would look if you got a flat red? Like red engine paint? Another thing you can try is the paint that give an anodized appearance. It's usually a 3 part system, but I think you can probably get good results painting directly over the chrome using the adhesion promoter. I think that would look pretty cool.

tavisto

Postby tavisto » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:14

Yeah that might look really cool. Almost like it's a red tinted chrome.
--- Tavisto
  • 18% tint
  • ?
  • Profit!

Army RX8

Postby Army RX8 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:14

Yoou deff. wanna use either high heat engine paint or caliper paint. The ceramic in it will make the paint a lil stronger when it dries. Less likely to chip if something bounces off of it.

As for stripping them before painting, i think it was speedracer that learned a lesson the hard way and melted his emblems. Ask him how he stripped the chrome off of them.

Return to “Interior Modifications”