Mazda Interior Silver Paint Code.

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:14

Anyone know the paint code match for the interior silver? While I have the console out this weekend, I may fix a scratch or two. I'm not having much luck finding the color code that matches. I was thinking of going with a piano black on the inside, but decided against it, as I think the current color adds a nice accent.

MS3_Mafia

Postby MS3_Mafia » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:14

Call a Mazda Dealership Parts Dept., they might be able to help you look it up.
2007 Mazdaspeed3 Sport</span>
-Mazdaspeed Short Ram Intake
-HKS SSQV Bov
-Tein S-Tech Springs
-225/40/18 Nitto Neo Gen Tires on RX-8 Wheels

<span style="color:#FF0000">http://www.JTuned.com

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MS3_Mafia @ Oct 4 2007, 01:19 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=3313]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Call a Mazda Dealership Parts Dept., they might be able to help you look it up.[/b]

yes but he was hoping you knew this off the top of your head....you want to give him the number to mazda of lakewood. j/k
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

MazdaGurl

Postby MazdaGurl » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:14

I'm curious to know this as well! Maybe "Pooh Bear" will know.....

It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it.

Greek8: I swear Angie has some sort of freak car.

OpacRX

Postby OpacRX » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:14

not sure if you are a fan of carbon fiber or not but at pepboys you can buy carbon fiber stuff that works great on the center console i'm thinking about doing it to mine because of the scrapes. i would get a pic but rx-8 club is down. it looks just like the MS console but only cost like $24 not the $400 that mazda wants.

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OpacRX @ Oct 4 2007, 01:01 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=3383]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
not sure if you are a fan of carbon fiber or not but at pepboys you can buy carbon fiber stuff that works great on the center console i'm thinking about doing it to mine because of the scrapes. i would get a pic but rx-8 club is down. it looks just like the MS console but only cost like $24 not the $400 that mazda wants.[/b]

Yup, I've seen that too on RX8Club. I've also been toying with the idea of painting them body color, since the titanium gray color isn't too gaudy. I'd just want the shifter trim ring and the trim around the head unit to match as well. I'm anal that way. haha!

ZoomPrincess

Postby ZoomPrincess » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:14

I asked "Pooh Bear" to check into it for you, but he is not sure which silver you are talking about.. Which piece are you trying to fix? Then maybe that will help him out.

MS3_Mafia

Postby MS3_Mafia » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (6i_guy @ Oct 4 2007, 06:15 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=3316]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
yes but he was hoping you knew this off the top of your head....you want to give him the number to mazda of lakewood. j/k[/b]

Think he was really hoping you wouldn't "thread jack"... [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
2007 Mazdaspeed3 Sport</span>
-Mazdaspeed Short Ram Intake
-HKS SSQV Bov
-Tein S-Tech Springs
-225/40/18 Nitto Neo Gen Tires on RX-8 Wheels

<span style="color:#FF0000">http://www.JTuned.com

turbo99jetta

Postby turbo99jetta » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Oct 3 2007, 07:45 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=3228]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Anyone know the paint code match for the interior silver? While I have the console out this weekend, I may fix a scratch or two. I'm not having much luck finding the color code that matches. I was thinking of going with a piano black on the inside, but decided against it, as I think the current color adds a nice accent.[/b]

what pieces are you talking about.. take some pics.. what color do you want them to be.. i will do some looking to find the paint codes.. or if they are avaiable.

Huzer21

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Freezing Cx7 @ Oct 4 2007, 02:24 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=3397]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
what pieces are you talking about.. take some pics.. what color do you want them to be.. i will do some looking to find the paint codes.. or if they are avaiable.[/b]

I'll snap a pic when I get home tonight. The parts I'm referring to are the long plastic silver trim pieces that run on each side of the center console. My car is titanium gray, but I know the pieces are originally that generic Mazda interior silver that scratches just by looking at it funny. If I was to paint them, I would go with Titanium Gray, to match the body. Thanks!

turbo99jetta

Postby turbo99jetta » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Oct 4 2007, 02:41 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=3403]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I'll snap a pic when I get home tonight. The parts I'm referring to are the long plastic silver trim pieces that run on each side of the center console. My car is titanium gray, but I know the pieces are originally that generic Mazda interior silver that scratches just by looking at it funny. If I was to paint them, I would go with Titanium Gray, to match the body. Thanks![/b]

so do you just want the titanium gray paint code?

Huzer21

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Freezing Cx7 @ Oct 4 2007, 03:20 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=3412]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
so do you just want the titanium gray paint code?[/b]

If I can find one for the interior silver, that would be cool, too. I haven't 100% decided which way I'll go, but I've got a few scratches on the passenger side that I need to fix. Are they only available in those little touch up bottles, or is there a matching spray available?

MazdaGurl

Postby MazdaGurl » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Oct 4 2007, 03:23 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=3413]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
If I can find one for the interior silver, that would be cool, too. I haven't 100% decided which way I'll go, but I've got a few scratches on the passenger side that I need to fix. Are they only available in those little touch up bottles, or is there a matching spray available?[/b]

I wonder if we have the same ideas Tim? Of course we have the same color. I'm thinking of using that silver around the guages, speakers, vents, and matching it to the console. Then again, I'm thinking of using the titanium grey to cover it all. I was originally thinking fiberglass, but I think that'll be a pain in my ass....

Maybe we could have a "Painting party." [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it.

Greek8: I swear Angie has some sort of freak car.

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MazdaGurl @ Oct 4 2007, 03:30 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=3415]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I wonder if we have the same ideas Tim? Of course we have the same color. I'm thinking of using that silver around the guages, speakers, vents, and matching it to the console. Then again, I'm thinking of using the titanium grey to cover it all. I was originally thinking fiberglass, but I think that'll be a pain in my ass....

Maybe we could have a "Painting party." [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img][/b]

kinda like painting your nails but bigger? interesting...almost kinky... [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy.gif[/img]
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Huzer21

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MazdaGurl @ Oct 4 2007, 03:30 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=3415]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>

Maybe we could have a "Painting party." [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img][/b]

Right now, I'm just thinking of matching the existing interior silver trim pieces to body color. Probably the smarter thing to do would be to just touch up the few scratches on the existing console trim pieces.

Return to “Interior Modifications”