Mazda Interior Silver Paint Code.

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
turbo99jetta

Postby turbo99jetta » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:14

ok so i talked with my parts guy... there isn't a paint code to match the silver trim pieces... you could try sunlight silver, but its got a flake in it.. paint code for it is 22v.

Titanium Gray's paint code is 29Y. Part Number 0000-88-0154-66.... Again the other problem is threw mazda, you can only buy those stupid small little touch up bottles they sell.. Hope this helps

MazdaGurl

Postby MazdaGurl » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:14

Pricing???? I might buy a dozen [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] Just kidding, but would be good info to have....

It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it.

Greek8: I swear Angie has some sort of freak car.

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:14

a dozen?? Damn.. thats scary..
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

turbo99jetta

Postby turbo99jetta » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MazdaGurl @ Oct 4 2007, 04:46 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=3445]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Pricing???? I might buy a dozen [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] Just kidding, but would be good info to have....[/b]

not to sure.. but there probably like 5 something a bottle.. parts already gone for the night.

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:14

Decided to go with titanium gray for my interior pieces. I'll do that when I add the 6 disc changer, hopefully this weekend. I'll just use duplicolor to get something close to the color, as the little itty-bitty Mazda touch up bottles aren't going to do it.

OpacRX

Postby OpacRX » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:14

Yeah i went ahead and did mine black with a clear coat over it and then waxed it and it looks good i think. Took some time but it turned out good

Huzer21

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OpacRX @ Oct 15 2007, 03:48 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=5622]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Yeah i went ahead and did mine black with a clear coat over it and then waxed it and it looks good i think. Took some time but it turned out good[/b]

Have any pics? I was thinking of that too, but thought it might be too dark inside the car.

OpacRX

yeah here is a pic of the front
[attachment=61:P1000217.JPG]

Huzer21

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OpacRX @ Oct 15 2007, 04:25 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=5633]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
yeah here is a pic of the front
[attachment=61:P1000217.JPG][/b]

Ah, very cool. I'm sure it's a pain, but I think I'll go for it this weekend. I'll probably start on Sunday, since there's that whole photo shoot thing on Saturday.

OpacRX

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Oct 15 2007, 06:06 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=5692]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Ah, very cool. I'm sure it's a pain, but I think I'll go for it this weekend. I'll probably start on Sunday, since there's that whole photo shoot thing on Saturday.[/b]

yeah you can get it done in a day easy i started on monday night and it was all done and dry by tuesday morn so if you start early on sunday it will be all dry easy that day i did like 4 coats of the black and then 3 coats of the clear coat

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Oct 15 2007, 01:58 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=5605]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Decided to go with titanium gray for my interior pieces. I'll do that when I add the 6 disc changer, hopefully this weekend. I'll just use duplicolor to get something close to the color, as the little itty-bitty Mazda touch up bottles aren't going to do it.[/b]

I upgraded my CD changer to. Where did you get yours. I got mine off ebay for like $95. Works on a variety of Mazda vehicles. The Whole front of the console comes off in one big peice. it was a pain. There's one hidden bolt on the drivers side that's a pain to get to and find. Especially if your outside in 10 degree weather in complete darkness. Hope you have small hands to unclip the cables for everything.

I also have a bunch of scratches on my side pieces and backs of the front seats mostly from the wheel chair. Never thought to paint them. Very good Idea. I might go with silver keep it stock.

ImageImage

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Greek8 @ Oct 16 2007, 04:26 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=5937]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I upgraded my CD changer to. Where did you get yours. I got mine off ebay for like $95. Works on a variety of Mazda vehicles. The Whole front of the console comes off in one big peice. it was a pain. There's one hidden bolt on the drivers side that's a pain to get to and find. Especially if your outside in 10 degree weather in complete darkness. Hope you have small hands to unclip the cables for everything.

I also have a bunch of scratches on my side pieces and backs of the front seats mostly from the wheel chair. Never thought to paint them. Very good Idea. I might go with silver keep it stock.[/b]

I got mine from a member on rx8club. Arrives Monday! Woo. My plan now is to have the interior apart a couple of days. I don't need it to get to work, I use the Trek for that. So now, my plans are:

Sunday, remove center console, paint trim pieces. Turn console into a storage bin rather than cup holders I don't use.
Monday/Tuesday, install new changer and hopefully get it all back together.

Time to break out the Dremel! I figure it's going to be crappy out on Sunday, I've got to stay somewhat close to the house for work so I might as well fart around on car parts inside. Wee!

Return to “Interior Modifications”