Question on Interior Bulbs....

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
Zuhalter

Postby Zuhalter » Sat May 10, 2008 9:14

I am doing a complete replacement of all interior bulbs in my 8.

My questions is...Does anyone know if the Step/Courtesy Lights (Bulb #2825) can be replaced with Bulb Model #194?

I know a few people on the forum have replaced the lights with LEDs, the exact LEDs that i plan to use only come in 194 currently.

Any input is appreciated.

On another note... Has anyone ever tried installing Cold Cathode lighting inside the car? Any ideas on the wiring? Would it be pretty easy?
Cold Cathode Lighting
The views discussed in this reply are not the views of the poster, the forum or anyone else. They are not meant to agree or disagree with anything contained in this post. If this post offended you in any way, you should quietly sob in the bathtub while wearing your mom's pantyhose.

memphis

Postby memphis » Sat May 10, 2008 9:14

Ive got some cold Cathodes in my car and they work great,,

go to this site they are a much better place to purchase these than where you were looking..

Zuhalter

Postby Zuhalter » Sun May 11, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Memphis @ May 10 2008, 11:29 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=45509]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>

go to this site they are a much better place to purchase these than where you were looking..[/b]

Pretty easy to wire? Just a + and - wire correct?
The views discussed in this reply are not the views of the poster, the forum or anyone else. They are not meant to agree or disagree with anything contained in this post. If this post offended you in any way, you should quietly sob in the bathtub while wearing your mom's pantyhose.

memphis

Postby memphis » Sun May 11, 2008 9:14

Ya thats pretty much it,, you wanna make sure you wire it to a switch and if possible to a switch thats only hot when the car is on..

Zuhalter

Postby Zuhalter » Sun May 11, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Memphis @ May 10 2008, 11:29 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=45509]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>

go to this site they are a much better place to purchase these than where you were looking..[/b]

Is the quality better then the site that I was looking at? It looks like the CC Lights are 9.99 vs. 6.99. Just wondering before I place an order...

memphis

Postby memphis » Sun May 11, 2008 9:14

ya they lasted pretty good so far.. really damn bright to... The company it self is pretty good aswell..

Zuhalter

Postby Zuhalter » Mon May 12, 2008 9:14

Awesome, thanks for all the help.

Now can anyone tell me...

Can the Step/Courtesy Lights (Bulb #2825) be replaced with Bulb Model #194?

Return to “Interior Modifications”