Bye Bye Bose...

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:14

oh stop it...it wasn't me... lee tells such fibs.... :lol:
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:14

Cool! Glad you finally got the boom you've been looking for. Kudos, Guido!

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:14

wow what a nerd thanks Guido
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

DemonOfTheFall

Postby DemonOfTheFall » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:14

lol I was excited about the Bose audio in my 3 as well.. yea. Removing the stock sub and dissecting it was good for a hearty laugh though.

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SpeedRacer @ Feb 1 2008, 01:49 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=22154]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
wow what a nerd thanks Guido[/b]

sounds like someone is jealous. :lol: Glad to help lee...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DemonOfTheFall @ Feb 6 2008, 08:57 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=23638]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
lol I was excited about the Bose audio in my 3 as well.. yea. Removing the stock sub and dissecting it was good for a hearty laugh though.[/b]

So did you upgrade your system too or just take it apart?
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

DemonOfTheFall

Postby DemonOfTheFall » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:14

I upgraded mine as well, quite minor however. I have a 400w amp mounted where the stock Bose sub used to be under the passenger seat and I have an 8" Polk DB series ssubwoofer in a custom sealed enclosure where the jack used to be. (The jack fits under the spare tire with room to spare so it resides there now)

Sorry my hatch is pretty dirty in the photo but you get the idea. I'm thinking about adding a Polk MOMO grill as well for a little protection against flying cargo lol

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DemonOfTheFall @ Feb 7 2008, 01:31 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=23785]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I upgraded mine as well, quite minor however. I have a 400w amp mounted where the stock Bose sub used to be under the passenger seat and I have an 8" Polk DB series ssubwoofer in a custom sealed enclosure where the jack used to be. (The jack fits under the spare tire with room to spare so it resides there now)

Sorry my hatch is pretty dirty in the photo but you get the idea. I'm thinking about adding a Polk MOMO grill as well for a little protection against flying cargo lol[/b]

this is very nice and clean looking! how does it sound? I have done about what you have in terms of upgrades, added an amp and sub.
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

DemonOfTheFall

Postby DemonOfTheFall » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:14

It sounds pretty good, it added enough low end fill to suit my needs for the music I primarily listen to (Rock, Metal). Its only an 8 so it can't hit the super low notes, but its actually plays much louder and lower than I expected. I still find the highs and mids a little lacking and my next step it is to dynamat the interior and replace the woofers/tweets in the front doors... can't really hear the rears much anyway so I will probably leave those alone.

LM

Postby LM » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DemonOfTheFall @ Feb 7 2008, 09:33 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=23898]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
It sounds pretty good, it added enough low end fill to suit my needs for the music I primarily listen to (Rock, Metal). Its only an 8 so it can't hit the super low notes, but its actually plays much louder and lower than I expected. I still find the highs and mids a little lacking and my next step it is to dynamat the interior and replace the woofers/tweets in the front doors... can't really hear the rears much anyway so I will probably leave those alone.[/b]

Nice. If you ever want some ideas your more than welcome to have a look/listen of my setup...Memphis also has a nice setup ya might wanna see/hear.

MHSD

Postby MHSD » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lightnin McQueen @ Feb 1 2008, 11:38 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=22141]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Ok...so for a while now (since my recent focal speaker install) I have been having trouble trying to get the bass to shine through. I went back and fourth to Image Dynamics trying to find a resolution, Guido was sitting on the side lines listening to this saga as it unfolded.
I started looking at having more subs added which would have cost me additional thousands.

What is the point of this post I hear you ask??? Well, Guido started looking into my bass issue also. He sent me an email this morning telling me exactly what the problem was. He discovered that my sub was running in series when it should be running in parallel.
This basically means that my sub was running at 8ohms with less than 100watts when running in series. Now that it's running in parallel, it's running at 2ohms with over 375watts....YAY...I know have my wonderful deep bass...

I just wanted to give a huge Kudos to Guido for helping me out...thnx dude... :61424796:[/b]

Lee,

Something you may want to know about how the sub was and is setup....

Thew sub was wired in an 8 ohm configuration to prevent the amp from running at an unstable load. see whe you rewired the sub to run at 2 ohms and bridge it on the GT22 amp your amp splits the resistance in half because you are essintially combining two channels into one so you amp is now running at a 1 ohm load that it is not really designed for. long term effects are overheating of the amp and it components and eventually wearing it out or blowing it up/ which will usually take out the speaker as well and can but not always cause damage to the source unit.

BTW @ 4ohms the amp should be producing about 250 watts. More than enough to power that sub.

Thought you might like to know.
Team MHC
Image Dynamics Sound Team Team Audison
Team Stinger
Mile High Sound Designs*Eclipse Tinting*Mac Autosports*Performace Wheel & Tire

</SPAN></SPAN>

LM

Postby LM » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mile High Sound Designs @ Feb 12 2008, 08:37 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=25011]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Lee,

Something you may want to know about how the sub was and is setup....

Thew sub was wired in an 8 ohm configuration to prevent the amp from running at an unstable load. see whe you rewired the sub to run at 2 ohms and bridge it on the GT22 amp your amp splits the resistance in half because you are essintially combining two channels into one so you amp is now running at a 1 ohm load that it is not really designed for. long term effects are overheating of the amp and it components and eventually wearing it out or blowing it up/ which will usually take out the speaker as well and can but not always cause damage to the source unit.

BTW @ 4ohms the amp should be producing about 250 watts. More than enough to power that sub.

Thought you might like to know.[/b]

DANGIT....thnx Bryan. Think you might have to make me a new sub setup :)

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lightnin McQueen @ Feb 12 2008, 12:24 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=25068]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
DANGIT....thnx Bryan. Think you might have to make me a new sub setup :)[/b]

:( :( :( :(
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

MHSD

Postby MHSD » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:14

Lee,

Give me a call and we will get it worked out.
Team MHC
Image Dynamics Sound Team Team Audison
Team Stinger
Mile High Sound Designs*Eclipse Tinting*Mac Autosports*Performace Wheel & Tire

</SPAN></SPAN>

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mile High Sound Designs @ Feb 12 2008, 03:44 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=25115]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Lee,

Give me a call and we will get it worked out.[/b]

I sent you another pm with more questions...cuz I am slow. :lol:
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:14

HAH GUido's sound system sucks
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes

http://www.TitanTuff.com

Return to “Interior Modifications”