Winter Tires! I'm a believer!

Tire and Wheel Discussion
GR-8

Winter Tires! I'm a believer!

Postby GR-8 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:14

I'm officially a believer of Winter tires. Last month I put a set of Blizzaks on a spare set of wheels I had. I can't begin to describe what a difference it makes. I've had my RX-8 for 12 years and would never be able to move an inch in this weather. But 6:00 am today it ripped through the side streets and down Speer no problem. I cruised passed people in AWD SUVa that were doing 5-10MPH. Car was stable the whole time.

I should also mention that stopping distance and Ice and in the snow has dramatically decreased with winter tires over my usual sport tires. Actually there is even a huge difference between them and my all seasons I had one year.

If you don't have a set of winter tires I recommend them no matter what car you have. (FWD, RWD, AWD.)

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Re: Winter Tires! I'm a believer!

Postby Saul_Good » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:14

Yup. Having the right tires for the right situation makes a huge difference ESPECIALLY in the stopping dept. Tires are cheaper than a new car.

I had snow on my DD cars van and acura tl and would be able to pull out of some pretty high snow and drive and manuever at posted speed limits with no issues.

Mustve been funny passing so called snow weather awd vehicles in your sports car.

Return to “Tires and Wheels”