Alignment after Coilover install....recommended shops?

Technical Discussion about suspension and brakes
movovr

Postby movovr » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:14

Shadowden wrote:Have you hit it with PB blaster and let it sit for a while. I take for granted that you are keeping the bolt in place with an allen wrench (6mm I believe)?

Yes. I have the allen wrench in there and it's not going anywhere. The whole thing wants to turn so I gave up last night. I've been running out to my car at work and hitting it with PB plaster every few hours LOL. I'll try again tonight. Hopefully they break loose as this should be a 30 minute install.

movovr

Postby movovr » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:14

Got the coilovers installed. Now I need to start fine tuning things. The fronts feel great, the backs are quite bouncy the way they are set right now. I definitely like the drop though and the car is so much better planted and responsive.
Attachments
IMG_5591.jpg
IMG_5590.jpg

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:14

they look great. llooks like you have a really nice ride height. Do you have more dampening you can put in the rears?

Will be interested in hearing your thoughts on them as a whole. I would like to get some more adjustability in my S2000 suspension system.

movovr

Postby movovr » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:14

Yes. I haven't even touched the dampening on the rears yet. I only set my ride height and the spring height in the back. Right now the ride height is dropped about 1.75". Floor to the top of my fender is 25 1/4". It's definitely a trial and error process.

On a plus side, I found a guy in Lakewood who can align lowered cars. http://www.lakewoodalignmentandbrake.com/about-us.asp

They have their alignment machine over a pit so they can get the car on the rack. $72 for the alignment. Could be a little more if things are way out of whack. After I get done playing with the settings at least I have somewhere nearby that I can take it now.

_AlexTM

Postby _AlexTM » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:14

Car looks good man!

movovr

Postby movovr » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:14

I ended up needing to raise the ride height a bit. I was rubbing pretty bad and cutting my tires. I have 8" wide tires so I rolled my fenders last night. Seems to have done the trick.
I still need to make some damping adjustments in the rear and get my RSB on. The rear endlinks will not come off so I need to cut them and buy new ones unfortunately.

Return to “Suspension, Steering, and Brakes”