alignment shop in colorado springs

Technical Discussion about suspension and brakes
roninsoldier83

Postby roninsoldier83 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:14

I actually go to Firestone as well, and just pay for their lifetime alignments. Back when I used to live in Centennial, I used to go to the one right off of I-25 & Arapahoe Rd, the manager there was a pretty cool Asian guy that had a 500+whp Nissan 300zx, a 5-series BMW & a RSX-S IIRC. Either way, I would just go in there in my old STI (camber plates, coilovers, sways, eccentric/camber bolts in the rear ect), give them the alignment specs I wanted, and there was never an issue.

Since I've moved, I took my Miata to the one closer to where I live now (the one close to Mississippi & Havana), and the service manager looked at me like I was stupid, and kept telling me "negative camber is going to kill your tires", to which I kept replying "yes, I'm well aware, the tires have a 180 treadwear rating, it's not my daily driver, and I don't plan on them lasting long".

Honestly, I might make the drive to the old Firestone I used to go to from now on, as the one close to me, they tried to meet my requests, but I kept overhearing their tech complain about how I was some idiot asshole (I'm a 27 year old war veteran & responsible father lol) and he had no idea why anyone would do this LOL. We're not talking about some uber-crazy specs I was asking for either, we're talking -1.5* F -2.0* R camber & 5* caster. Although he was not able to hit -1.5* F on both sides, ended up with -1.1* F & -1.6* R (could have gotten considerably more in the rear as the car had -2.6-2.7* when I came in there, just wanted it to be a bit more balanced/wanted F/R camber about 0.5* apart).

Either way, been going to Firestone for years for custom alignments, and usually just tell them I'll sign a waiver if they like, but the only way they'll get my business is if they comply with my specs.
AKA- [color="Blue"]arctic_blue83[/color]
Mine: 2015 Subaru WRX
Hers: 2013 Subaru WRX

iani1.1

Postby iani1.1 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:I usually just take my front bumper off now regardless haha.

Sorry for threadjacking Dange haha.

i do that too but its still not enough to clear

Return to “Suspension, Steering, and Brakes”