MazdaSpeed 6 Brakes and rotors

Technical Discussion about suspension and brakes
joecool71_3

Postby joecool71_3 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:14

Hey guys it is that time for me to get new brakes and rotors on my Speed6 and was wondering had any recommendations on types or places to get them down at? I have looked online at a few things but not want to go crazy expensive. Any input on this would be a huge, huge help.

firestoned

Postby firestoned » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phatgenius @ Jun 16 2008, 08:11 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=52457]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Hey guys it is that time for me to get new brakes and rotors on my Speed6 and was wondering had any recommendations on types or places to get them down at? I have looked online at a few things but not want to go crazy expensive. Any input on this would be a huge, huge help.[/b]

Im sure there are plenty of people on here would would say the same.....

do them yourself, or have somebody on the boards help you..... brakes ARE EASY

coloskydiver

Postby coloskydiver » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:14

Are you going to do it yourself or pay to get it done? Breaks are fairly easy and if you do it yourself it alows you to upgrade for the same price. Nicer pads, drilled/slotted rotters.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2005 Nissan Nismo Frontier-Supercharged- SOLD
2006 Speed 6- SOLD
2008 Scion Xd- SOLD
1990 Miata- SuperCharged 331 Fuel Injected Small Block Ford V8-SOLD
2008 Ford F250 Super Duty- Current
2014 Factory Five 818S- In Progress

Nick Leone

Postby Nick Leone » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:14

Stay away from drilled rotors and get sloted if your going to go that route, drilled rotors like to crack.
Nick Leone
99 FSP 10 HS
Mods: Short Ram intake, Front and rear strut tower braces, Corksport Power series cat back exhaust, APR CF side mirrors, short throw shifter, Bronzoil shifter bushings, MX-3 Rear lower tie bar and 18% tint.
http://www.myspace.com/nicklphotography
http://imbob29.deviantart.com/

Return to “Suspension, Steering, and Brakes”