3 & 6 Camber plates available

Technical Discussion about suspension and brakes
lewsthomas

Postby lewsthomas » Fri May 30, 2008 9:14

Hi all,

I am noticing it seems like no one really talks about a super simple add on that in my opinion is one of the best mods after Coil-Overs and Sways that one can make to any performance car.

Camber Plates.

I have had these on my STi pretty much from the first month I owned it. They are great I get up to 2.8 Degrees of Camber on her for AutoX events. Also being able to dial in your caster will help with how fast and hard the steering returns to center as you exit the corners.

If you all are looking for some here, is a company that I used in the past with great results. When you go to the site click on the catalog and find your application. These are some heavy duty beasts, hold up in a very large Australian Rally scene and in junior levels of the Aussie V8 supercar series.

Hope it helps. I am going to get a set for the MS3 ASAP. For all you that have not met me yet I will try and get to the upcoming meet but i will be running my STi there since the Speed 3 is literally in numerous pieces in my Garage as the MODS have begun, and she still has the Temp tags on her and under 3k on the ODO, LOL. Yes the wife thinks i am nuts.

http://www.k-mac.com.au/

Cheers
Lew

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Fri May 30, 2008 9:14

Nice.

I'm not sure if any of the 3 or 6 guys on here are running coilovers. I think just simple lowering springs are as far as they have gone. Very few Protege guys are running camber plates. And those that are, also own wide and lightweight wheels with super sticky tires and a set of magnetic numbers. There's not a whole lot of the latter on this board.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1997 Explorer XLT - 4.0 SOHC V6 Controltrac 4x4
mods- 30" BFGs, AAL + TT = 1.5" lift, more to come

Return to “Suspension, Steering, and Brakes”