Mazdaspeed Springs Installed On Ms6

Technical Discussion about suspension and brakes
MS3_Mafia

Postby MS3_Mafia » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoToTheJoe @ Oct 3 2007, 12:04 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=3094]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Did you do the install yourself or have it done somewhere? I have been looking into getting the RPM Sport springs in a few weeks but didn't have a clue what to expect in installation costs. The Dealership said 4 hours labor but I think they misunderstood what I was asking for.[/b]

I'd definately recommend like Andrew above going to Import Sports. Shouldn't cost you more than $200.

Drop looks sweet Eric!! What a difference.
2007 Mazdaspeed3 Sport</span>
-Mazdaspeed Short Ram Intake
-HKS SSQV Bov
-Tein S-Tech Springs
-225/40/18 Nitto Neo Gen Tires on RX-8 Wheels

<span style="color:#FF0000">http://www.JTuned.com

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:14

I will have to keep them in mind if/when I do this...
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

GoToTheJoe

Postby GoToTheJoe » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MS3_Mafia @ Oct 3 2007, 03:21 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=3149]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I'd definately recommend like Andrew above going to Import Sports. Shouldn't cost you more than $200.

Drop looks sweet Eric!! What a difference.[/b]

Will look into Import Sports for sure...is an alignment necessary after new springs?
--brian

2006 MazdaSpeed6 GT ** Whitewater Pearl Mica ** 5Zigen Pro Racer ZR+520 Wheels - Ceramic Bronze ** Navigation ** Integrated Sirius Radio ** Black and White Leather Interior ** 18% window tint ** Clear Bra ** Moonroof ** Wheel Locks ** MazdaSpeed CAI ** VG Sharkfin ** CF MazdaSpeed License Plate Holder ** Cargo Net ** Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval Indy 500 225/45r/18 ** Lamin-x Charcoal Headlight Protector **

Colombia28

Postby Colombia28 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GoToTheJoe @ Oct 3 2007, 06:16 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=3208]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Will look into Import Sports for sure...is an alignment necessary after new springs?[/b]

Yes and no, but mostly no (at least in my case). The reason i say no is two weeks after i got my springs installed i went to Burt for an alignment. Well the tech came to me and said he couldnt do it... so i figure he wont touch it because of the springs, but i was wrong, he couldn't align the rear because the OEM rear camber links are NOT adjustable, and the front was so close to spec it wouldnt have made a difference. Now obviously my car isnt an MS6, but im going to go out on a limb here and say that the OEM rear camber links on the MS6 are not adjustable as well. Tire rotations on the other hand are a very good think to do; maybe not immediately after but at some point. My rear wheels have a fair amount of negative camber which isnt a bad thing, actually it provides more rear grip but it dose wear the tires down faster, hence why alignments are necessary. But to solve all your problems and bring the rear camber back to spec you could get after market rear camber links <-- problem solved.
2008 Cosmic Blue Speed3 - NEW :D
2006 Copper Red Mica 3 hatch - SOLD :(
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “Suspension, Steering, and Brakes”