My First Carnage with the Speed!!!

All engines, transmission, and drivetrain discussion.
tbot

Postby tbot » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:14

because the bolts sheered instead of shattered, its not covered under warranty. Apparently the sheering was because i hit something with the car which caused it to break. Mazda of Lakewood and Mazda in general can go fuck themselves because they're accusing me of doing this when I know for a fact I didn't.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rmeeker13

Postby rmeeker13 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:14

tbot wrote:because the bolts sheered instead of shattered, its not covered under warranty. Apparently the sheering was because i hit something with the car which caused it to break. Mazda of Lakewood and Mazda in general can go fuck themselves because they're accusing me of doing this when I know for a fact I didn't.

That sounds like a mazda dealership...worthless!
GT28-COBB AP-COBB SRI-TURBOSMART EBOOST2 EBC-JBR SSP-CP-E DP-CP-E INLET-CP-E 3'' CB-ETS IC-DNP MANI-TIAL 44MM EWG-OEM BPV-AWR RRM-SURE DREADNAUGHT-EIBACH SL SPRINGS-KONIG ZERO'S-GREDDY OCC-NGK 1 STEP COLDER PLUGS
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wyosaint

Postby wyosaint » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:14

did you get this fixed? I have my stock one you can buy....
sold: '06 Mazdaspeed6 black mica(parts for sale click)

Sold: 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 black
2008 GSX-R600 silver/pearl white Image
2013 Audi A4 Premium Plus blue:338567b8:

tbot

I have it at Dave's right now to get fixed. And the problem isn't the mount, its the actual bolts themselves. I need to find out what part number they are to get those ordered, which are like $11
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:14

So Bob P. is saying this is excluded from their extended warranty?

What cheap lame-asses.

bmwzoom

Postby bmwzoom » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:14

~Barn~ wrote:So Bob P. is saying this is excluded from their extended warranty?

What cheap lame-asses.

No, the car was inspected at Mazda of Lakewood and they said they wouldn't cover it under warranty and had a Mazda Rep look at the car and that person apparently agreed it won't be covered.

~Barn~

Ah.... gotcha.

Since you're in the know, did he not feel like bothering with the drive down to zee Springs, or would Bob's extend coverage even have fixed it?

~Barn~

The only reason I'm asking, is because Tanya's CX-9 came with (what I'm assuming) is the same extended coverage from B.P. Mazda, so I'm wondering how much latitude they give owners, for things like this.

tbot

BP's is a full bumper to bumper warranty that comes with all cars bought from them so it would have been covered. I just don't think it's a good idea to drive that far with this kinda problem plus it's just cheaper to fix it thru Dave up here than have it towed down there is all. I called Penkhus and the service manager down there was the nicest guy I talked to out of all of this and said most likely he would have fixed it, and he had heard of the issue before if I understood him correctly. So if I lived in the springs then no problem! Just kinda one of those things I guess.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

erod550

Postby erod550 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:14

I've had good experiences with service at BP at Powers Auto Park so far. The service manager there seems to know what he's doing. I've only had it in for two things so far. One was a strange electrical problem where the trouble lights would flash at random while driving that ended up just being a loose battery cable and the other was a check engine light from a bad gas cap that wasn't sealing properly.

Are you sure that extended warranty comes with all cars bought from them? I got it but I was charged $2k for it. 3 months later I decided it wasn't worth it since I was modding the car anyway so I went in and canceled it. They prorated it even though I was covered under the factory warranty for that whole time because technically I could have had my car serviced at another dealer or non-Mazda shop under the extended warranty. To me it's BS since I'd have no reason to go anywhere but the dealer for warranty work anyway.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

tbot

Postby tbot » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:14

I wasn't charged for it. Plus Matt the finance guy I know specifically told me it cane with it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

erod550

Postby erod550 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:14

Hmm.. guess I got even more ripped off than I had originally thought, heh.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way

1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:

2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0

2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT

2005 Flame Red SRT-4

bobopud

Postby bobopud » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:14

The issue with the rear diff isn't the bolts, but the bushings on the diff. The bushings are too soft causing all sorts of movement and vibration that gets translated to the bolt. Over a long enough period of time all of that vibration and movement weakens the bolt and it snaps. The bolt itself would be fine if the bushings were a little stiffer from the factory.

Either way, good luck getting it fixed.
2006 SPEED6 Liquid Platinum Sport w/ Nav
Mods Completed - VG Sharkfin, 3M Clear Bra, SU Motor Mount, SU Test Pipe, 35% tint, VEI Digital Boost Gauge, Custom Defrost Vent Pod, PG Exhaust Manifold, CPE Turbo Inlet Pipe, CPE FMIC, Hacked Mazdaspeed CAI into SRI, Synapse BOV, Cobb Accessport EMS Tuner, CPE Dual 3" Catback Exhaust
Mods Needed - Catted Downpipe and finally a tune.

Stealth01

Postby Stealth01 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:14

The factory warrant is 50K miles OR 4 years from date of ORIGINAL purchase/lease, whichever comes first.

The Penkhus extended warranty only covers 50% of parts and labor.
Stealth01
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

Eclipse

Postby Eclipse » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:14

Stealth01 wrote:The factory warrant is 50K miles OR 4 years from date of ORIGINAL purchase/lease, whichever comes first.

The Penkhus extended warranty only covers 50% of parts and labor.

if you have an o6, then yes... it is 4years 50k..

2007 Mazdaspeed 6 models came with a 3 year 36k
Powerstroke 6.0

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”