DIY Digital Multi-Gauge

The How-To Forum
vierte

DIY Digital Multi-Gauge

Postby vierte » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:14

Just a teaser for now. Who would rock a digital multi-guage? 8 or so engine parameters with individually selectable gauges...

2003 MazdaSpeed Potege: Wiseco Pistons, Molnar Rods, Walboro 255, Megasquirt Ecu, Front Mount, Daily Driver.
1991 Mazda Rx-7 Convertible: Rebuilt 4-Port Turbo Block, TII drivetrain swap, Walboro 255, Megasquirt, Aeromotive FPR, JIC coilovers, 4" Stainless exhaust, Ticket Getter.
1976 Honda CB750F: Cafe Racer, Powder coated, Rebuilt, re-bearing/bushing, tapered stem bearing upgrade, Garage Project
2014 Silverado: Mazda Support Vehicle
2003 Subaru Forester: What was I thinking?...

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:14

vierte wrote:Just a teaser for now. Who would rock a digital multi-guage? 8 or so engine parameters with individually selectable gauges...

Very nice. I use the Aeroforce Interceptor. Was happy with it until the Temp Sensor went out and the oil temp started reading wayyyy off. I Liked it but probably wouldn't recommend it. I'm thinking of switching to the PLX digital gauge this Spring. I have the digital gauge between my boost and oil pressure gauges. The scan gauge sees all my OBDII parameters and Wideband O2 and used to do my oil temp.

ImageImage

vierte

Postby vierte » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:14

ahh yes. An OBD gauge would be great for the MSP.

This setup is going in an FD with no obd. Might try to implement a low oil pressure shutdown... I've known a couple people who have ruptured an oil cooler line either on the dyno or at the track and killed a motor.

This setup will do manifold pressure, fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temp, coolant temp, intake temp,rpm, and air fuel ratio. All sensors will be stand alone sensors but might try to piggyback off some sensors like a GM Map sensors.
2003 MazdaSpeed Potege: Wiseco Pistons, Molnar Rods, Walboro 255, Megasquirt Ecu, Front Mount, Daily Driver.

1991 Mazda Rx-7 Convertible: Rebuilt 4-Port Turbo Block, TII drivetrain swap, Walboro 255, Megasquirt, Aeromotive FPR, JIC coilovers, 4" Stainless exhaust, Ticket Getter.

1976 Honda CB750F: Cafe Racer, Powder coated, Rebuilt, re-bearing/bushing, tapered stem bearing upgrade, Garage Project

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:14

vierte wrote:ahh yes. An OBD gauge would be great for the MSP.

This setup is going in an FD with no obd. Might try to implement a low oil pressure shutdown... I've known a couple people who have ruptured an oil cooler line either on the dyno or at the track and killed a motor.

This setup will do manifold pressure, fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temp, coolant temp, intake temp,rpm, and air fuel ratio. All sensors will be stand alone sensors but might try to piggyback off some sensors like a GM Map sensors.

Yeah. Aeroforce and plx, have none OBDII versions. I think they can monitor like 4 parameters per gauge. You should look into the plx ones. Its expensive though.

The PLX DM6 is $90 and says you can daisy chain up to 16 sensors. Not 100% sure if that's with one gauge or more but you could buy this for most of the none essential stuff you want to monitor then get a couple of anolog ones next to it. I'll post a pic of my setup after work this afternoon.

There is my set up. Gong to replace the center Aeroforce with the PLX gauge. Bad picture I know. I had a crappy cell phone camera 5-6 yrs ago.

ImageImage

vierte

Postby vierte » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:14

not too shaby! its always hard to find a good location for gauges it seems. Is that an aftermarket dash panel?

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:14

vierte wrote:not too shaby! its always hard to find a good location for gauges it seems. Is that an aftermarket dash panel?

It's the Lotek Gauge pod. It was made to sit and screw on top of the stock dash. I decided to go with a little cleaner look and cut out more of the dash and fiberglass it in.

ImageImage

Return to “DIY”