Setting The Pressure Threshold on your TPMS

The How-To Forum
RichB

Setting The Pressure Threshold on your TPMS

Postby RichB » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:14

I posted this on some other forums and thought you guys might like this info:

I have had issues in the past with my TPMS going off for no reason especially when it first gets cold. My TPMS goes off sometimes when all of my tire pressures are perfectly fine. When these issues happen it is because the threshold on one or more of the sensors needs to be adjusted. Here is how to adjust it.

1. Before you start your car, make sure your tires are at your cold pressure setting then start her up and take her out for a drive.

2. After the drive (must be at least a mile), park your car and make sure to leave it running for this entire process.

3. Deflate each tire by 10 psi within 30 seconds to start the training sequence.

4. Fill each tire back up to the operating pressure and have all four done within 2 minutes.
Note: The TPMS light will come on when your pressure drops 25% below the pressure you set.

5. Take the car out for a spin and enjoy your new thresholds.

Note: Before you perform these steps make sure that your TPMS is linked up with your ECU. To do this, follow the steps in your users manual that talk about installing a new TPMS sensor.
2007 [color="RoyalBlue"]Cosmic Blue[/color] Mazdaspeed 3 [color="Red"]GT[/color]

erod550

Postby erod550 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:14

Hmm.. wonder if this will work on a Subaru. My wife's Impreza's TPMS is insanely sensitive. She does have one tire that has a slow leak but even after we've just filled it and it gets cold the sensor comes on even when all the pressures are fine and equal.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

RichB

Postby RichB » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:14

It might. A lot of these sensors are made by the same company. Give it a try.
2007 [color="RoyalBlue"]Cosmic Blue[/color] Mazdaspeed 3 [color="Red"]GT[/color]

Return to “DIY”