Huzer

Re: My 1974 REPU Project

Postby Huzer » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:14

Wow, that's quite a screw up!

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:14

No problem mang!

I think the most difficult part of the day was removing that stupid exhaust. That is, until we figured out an easier way to do it lol.

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:14

yeah, just a little screw up LOL!

UPS freight picked up the wrong engine today. I should hear back from the engine importer regarding when the correct engine will be delivered, but apparently it was going to Florida so it's in a warehouse in Tampa. I bet they lost a bunch of $ now having to reship these engines LOL.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:14

When you said they picked up the wrong engine I thought "you only had the one engine outside, how did they pick up the wrong one?" lol

$crillaTor

Postby $crillaTor » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:14

I think he meant they picked up the T2 engine which is the wrong one compared to the correct one the 13B.

Edit = And now that I read your post again Eric, I realize that you understood that as well... hahaha

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:14

HAHA

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:14

Haha yeah, meant they picked up the FC engine because it's the wrong engine. Come to think of it I should have put my old REPU engine on the pallet and kept the FC engine, despite the rear rotor having zero compression.

I STILL have no tracking number for the correct engine and no communication from the seller since Thursday. So now my patience is wearing thin. And I'm getting paranoid that the first (wrong) engine had no compression that the engine they sold me will be similar. They list the engine as functional so with eBay's guarantees that should mean I'm covered if the engine is bad (hopefully).

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:14

Forgot to update some actual GOOD news

Finally got the item I need to finish the look the truck: ROTARY POWER!!!!

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:14

Well, still no engine I originally paid for. I've sent several emails to the engine supplier and basically gotten a "we're working on it" and the claim since they mis-shipped my engine to PR that's why it's taking so long. They claimed it should be delivered tomorrow (9/27) or Wednesday (9/28), but I still have no tracking info or a call from the shipping company.

So Sunday I opened an eBay dispute saying I don't have it. The seller originally responded saying the sent me a tracking # and it's out of their hands in a pretty snarky way (no tracking # has been provided since the original shipment). They replied back 30 minutes later saying they were confused what they were responding to (perhaps indicating they have multiple ongoing disputes/issues) and they apologized for the incorrect response and said they would have a tracking # and get back to me today. Surprise; they haven't.

Trouble is this was BY FAR the cleanest REW engine on eBay and still is. For some reason 13B-REW motors are slim picking right now so if I get a refund on this motor I don't have many options and may just go back to running an FC Turbo2 engine. Which would be hilariously ironic considering that was the engine I actually received accidentally! Haha.

Otherwise I may just go back to rebuilding the 13B REPU engine I have here already, going for a big bridgeport or P-port and probably EFI. It would be less powerful but more drop-in. So we'll see!

$crillaTor

Postby $crillaTor » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:14

I have a 13B-REW that needs a rebuild sitting in my garage. I haven't cracked it open to see how bad it is, but I'd probably be willing to let it go. I keep telling myself I'll rebuild it one day, but it is still just sitting there taking up space... No transmission though.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:14

WTF, still no engine or tracking number?! I thought about trying to get an engine on ebay but now I'm not so sure. I may just have to buy Geoff's out from under you. LOL jk

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:14

I appreciate the offer! Luckily yesterday I FINALLY got a delivery:

Turns out a pallet with a 13B-REW engine and trans nearly bottoms out a REPU's suspension LOL.

Sucked, it got delivered when I was at work and my wife was home, so it sat in front of my garage all day, I didn't get home until late, it was raining, dark and cold and to top it off I was coming down with a cold LOL. I used Matt's engine hoist to load in into the bed of the truck, which was about 102X more difficult doing by myself than I anticipated. I think I herniated something. But enough whining.

More snaps:

So, the problems....because OF COURSE there's problems! It's an eBay JDM motor!

First off, the ECU is missing. This isn't a huge deal to me because I plan on running a standalone anyways. But the listing says an ECU is included so I should either A ) Be provided one or B ) Issued a discounted refund for it. It is a part I could sell, afterall.

Secondly...eh. I ran compression on the engine the next day. First up the front rotor. Hit the starter and holy smokes, it's making nearly 95PSI on a cold engine! 3 nice even bounces. This is great! Compression test the rear rotor...and a big fat ZERO!! AGAIN! How his this possible? Two engines with ZERO rear rotor compression!! I can hear some faint chugging and it sounds like for sure an apex seal is toasted. I checked and there is indeed a rotor in there Eric LOL.

As a word of cation...eBay is giving my some grief. Despite the fact I opened a case on September 12th regarding that I hadn't received my engine yet, they are still going off the original tracking # (for the wrong engine) that says it was delivered September 9th. That date started the 30 day return policy and the 30 day eBay $ back guarantee policy, which expired October 8th. Even though I opened a case stating I hadn't received the engine yet and the seller acknowledged it.

So I called eBay and opened a case regarding the engine having no compression (it comes with a 30 day start up warranty) and missing ECU in hopes to get some $ back. I wouldn't have paid what I did if I knew the engine was blown, obviously. So far the seller hasn't responded and I'm not sure what I can do since eBay is being a tool and not re-establishing the 30 day guarantee policy. Luckily I specifically paid for this with my credit card, as I do with any large online transaction, for further buyer protection so I can still dispute thru PayPal or my CC. So we'll see how this goes. It's also worth mentioning that the seller at one point offered me a $100 refund due to the stupid shipping mistakes that resulted in me waiting over 48 days for my engine, I said I would take the refund once I got the engine and ensured nothing else was wrong with it.

Sorry for the rant LOL

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:14

Good thing you checked for the rear rotor LOL.

Maybe the company sent you the wrong engine on purpose because they know eBay would start the 30 day policy when you received it and not renew the policy, that way they would be covered by eBay.

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:Good thing you checked for the rear rotor LOL.

Maybe the company sent you the wrong engine on purpose because they know eBay would start the 30 day policy when you received it and not renew the policy, that way they would be covered by eBay.

The plot thickens LOL

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:14

I'm an amateur conspiracy theorist. lol

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”