The Ẽfini 7

Talk about your Rotaries!
Dwduc

Postby Dwduc » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:14

vierte wrote:I was going to say.. you may want to go through the harness and disconnect and clean as many connectors as you can. I ended up frying a connector on my convertible after letting the car set for a few years. It looked like the connector got a little corroded and caused a lot of resistance to the point where it melted part of it.

Yeah in doing this I pulled apart every connector under and in the dash had the gauge cluster out and cleaned it up. but sadly broke my gauge hood thing. I'm finding that it may be a RHD specific part but I'm not sure.

Speedjunkie: The alternator did fix the CHARGE ABS low water and low oil lights on the dash. the connector fixed WT and speedo.
I don't get it, what would make the mirrors RHD specific? If you do change them I would be very interested!

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:14

RHD mirrors have a different angle to them. The left mirror turns in a little more on the RHD car vs LHD. The right mirror turns out a little.

Most cars are like that.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:14

^Exactly. I love the mirrors and before I started reinstalling AC, I was planning on using the little hole in them as a duct inlet and running a small duct into the car during the summer lol. But I did break one of the posts on the back of the passenger side mirror trying to turn it further, so you may not want this set. Someone on 7club was looking into modifying them for LHD, and while they were doing this a few years ago, there has been some traffic in the thread again recently.

Dwduc

Postby Dwduc » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:14

Oh. I guess I never thought that would be. Seems like a pain for a manufacturer to not make them work for either. I may still be interested if the bolt up tight. Also every time I see one of your posts I try to figure out if there is something hanging from your interior mirror or if your doing a Judd Nelson fist pump.
I really need to look at your car sometime. Not sure where I wanna go with mine. Gotta get some bodywork done on it though.

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:14

I know a guy who does paint..... Too Soon?

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

My Car Blog

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:14

Dwduc wrote:Oh. I guess I never thought that would be. Seems like a pain for a manufacturer to not make them work for either. I may still be interested if the bolt up tight. Also every time I see one of your posts I try to figure out if there is something hanging from your interior mirror or if your doing a Judd Nelson fist pump.
I really need to look at your car sometime. Not sure where I wanna go with mine. Gotta get some bodywork done on it though.

Well it's a Japanese company so I don't think they give a crap about the US market lol. They do bolt up tight. Someone else mentioned wanting them but I think they're out of the area and at the time I wasn't planning on getting rid of them. If they ever figured out how to make them more compatible with USDM I'd keep them on because I really like them.

The thing hanging from the mirror is a plush hanging piston...
http://www.bubbletech.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Dead-Plush-Piston

We can get together sometime if you want to see the car. Yesterday I fixed my fuel issue from a few weeks ago but I still have trouble starting it, like I did before. So you may have to come to my place to see it lol.

RX-7 Chris wrote:I know a guy who does paint..... Too Soon?

Are you talking about your experience or mine? LOL I think with either of our experiences you'll be lucky to get your car back, but at least you got a good paint job for your money. I got a horrible paint job and got screwed on the bill to boot.

Dwduc

Postby Dwduc » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:14

Yeah I have been though both of your threads, Im staying away from your painters and upholsterers!!!

Hopefully get the body/paint cleaned up this spring. I have a body guy in mind already, I will keep you guys posted if it turns into a curse.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:14

Dwduc wrote:Yeah I have been though both of your threads, Im staying away from your painters and upholsterers!!!

Hopefully get the body/paint cleaned up this spring. I have a body guy in mind already, I will keep you guys posted if it turns into a curse.

Best decision you could ever make lol. Actually the shop that did mine hasn't been around since 2009 (thank heavens), and Chris' paint guy is really good, it just takes him forever lol. My upholsterer, uh, she did well for another guy here but not as nice for me and Frank lol.

There is another guy on the forums here and here in town that does paint and possibly body work. I'm trying to remember what his forum name is. But if you're on facebook, look for Cody Cawthra. And join Colorado Speed Freaks on there if you want and I'll approve it. It's not very busy on there but we have guys that do different kinds of work, like paint and body, and tint, etc.

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:14

Had a fun time today. Here's your run vid.

http://youtu.be/sCz6KC7wcp0

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:14

I didn't realize your car was a legit RHD until Luis told me earlier. There is another one here in town (although I can't remember if it's legit or if it has a front clip welded to the rest of a USDM chassis), but I haven't talked to the guy in months. It's a silver one and his name is Seth. He doesn't answer texts anymore. He may not even be around anymore. Pretty cool having even one RHD in town, not to mention two.

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:.. his name is Seth. He doesn't answer texts anymore.

He sounds like a real peach:lol:

BOT: RHD is sweet!
one and one makes two, together we are free

Dwduc

Postby Dwduc » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:14

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:14

kingtut wrote:He sounds like a real peach:lol:

BOT: RHD is sweet!

Yeah I don't really get it. He seemed like a cool dude, but for some reason we only hung out the one time. I met him by accident at Old C's. We were having a meet there and his FD was parked with an open spot next to it so I parked there and left a note because I figured he was there for the meet but it turned out he wasn't. He hit me up after that and came over to the house one day and that was it.

Dwduc

Postby Dwduc » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:14

Yeah He sounds a bit anti-social.

Looks like I need a midpipe. looking at the Bönez or the pettit resonated mids. They look identical so if anyone has some insight I would appreciate it.

http://www.rx7.com/store/rx7/fdexhaust.html
http://shop.pettitracing.com/ss-resonated-rx7-exhaust-midpipe-p-120067.html

If there is no significant difference I will probably get the Bönez based on price.

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:14

I have the Bönez pipe for my FB. It is high quality.

My Car Blog

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”