The young FD dude

Talk about your Rotaries!
chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:14

For fuel lines, I would recommend -6AN lines. You need to make your own or will have to spend more and order a pre-made kit like this one from Full Function Engineering. Note that the linked kit also includes a top feed primary rail and new primary injectors, so it's a total replacement.

It's also about double the cost if you just upgrade the secondary with generic EV14 secondaries and make your own lines, but you will need to order the bulk hose, tools to cut and install the fittings, the AN fittings themselves, adapter pieces, etc. It's not plug-n-play.

I also forget to mention you will need an upgraded fuel pump to take advantage of the larger injectors. I would recommend the Denso Supra TT pump, it's the OEM fuel pump used in the MKIV Toyota Supra turbo. Since it's OEM it's very reliable and quiet, and flows a lot. The other option would be the Aeromotive 340 Stealth pump, I've heard it's a very good pump and flows more than the Supra pump for less money, but I've never personally used it (I personally run two in-tank Supra pumps, which is more than enough for over 800rwhp).

For the wastegate, TiAL is the company, MV-R is the model of wastegate. The MV-R is their current gate, 44mm diameter, and has optional water cooling. It's very reliable and built exceptionally well. I would highly recommend staying away from the $100 "eBay special" wastegates, because if the malfunction you can pop your motor.

As far as a manifold, you can get away with an eBay special manifold for about $110 bucks shipped. They are T4, so you need to make sure the turbo you get has a T4 hotside. Honestly, your only other option is to either find a used manifold or buy a high quality one, like this one made by Turblown. They are much more expensive but also much, much more durable than the eBay manifolds.

You will also need a tune on the PFC to run the single turbo properly, and I tune PowerFC's and rotaries (I've tuned most FD's on the club haha) so I can help out with that.
:eek:

VRx8

Postby VRx8 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:14

and a fuel pressure reguator, go with an aeromotive 340 can't beat the price. Also look for frozenboost.com for the hoses and fittings sense they are local.

Rx7boy719

Postby Rx7boy719 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:14

just copied and pasted those posts into my notes Thanks guys! Oh boy finally I have fixed these PITA tail lights & clusters! Guess what it was my TNS relays :mad: since my dads RX7 is down due to his coolant sealant being blown he let me use his relay. Oh man feels good with these lights on and ive also installed my signal lights and also lights up too! Only thing that is stopping is getting updated tags again and insurance! Also one thing too my brake pedal feels weird when I press it, I cant really explain it on here but if you feel it you'll know. Oh yea and this wonderful scratch I have on my rear bumper from the lovely dog :rolleyes: I also wanna install my power steering back on.
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][color="Red"]My reaction when I got my first FD[/color][/SIZE][/font]:lol: Image

JTurton7

Postby JTurton7 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:14

Speaking from what Ive learned the past few months. DO NOT bother with bigger primaries! I just put a pair of bosch 550cc EV14s in the primary slot and my car has never ran better. The ID1000s were just to much for the primary position due to the power fc's millisecond of open time floor problem. (can't go below 2.2-3.0 open time) I couldn't get mine below 2.79 with the 1000's

JTurton7

Postby JTurton7 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:14

This is my fuel setup for reference
fittings are:
3 x 180s
2 x 120s
1 x 90

FFE rails 34mm top, 48mm bottom

Bosch 550cc Primaries and ID2000 Secondaries

also used CJ motorsports FPR mount and 4x Injector Boss adapters

For wiring I used a custom RYWIRE engine harness (not pictured)

Don't mind the blue painters tape used for cutting the hose haha

oh yeah and also a aeromotive 340 fuel pump

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:14

Is the brake pedal spongy or what? What is it doing?

VRx8

Postby VRx8 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:14

My TNS relay went out as well, it cost like $40 dollars to get it new. I just bought a regular relay and connected it.

Rx7boy719

Postby Rx7boy719 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:14

@Eric No not spongy, like something is loose, uhhhh idk but my brake pedal moves though. It only does this sometimes I took it around the block and I went pretty fast where you guys were tuning at and I press the brakes and no problem what so ever but when I arrived back to my house, it did the same feeling I felt. Idk if it rust or something else.

Eduardo, dang you know where I can buy them? Im using my dads relay for now.

Cory's 7 is working again, solved the electrical problem there was a connector that was connected to the ignition and it was really burnt off so got that fixed up. He driving around with that Black C-west front bumper lol.

I also now got another problem, everytime I press my brakes my cluster and signal lights turn on?! what does that mean now? I also want to get my rims powder coated so Eric where did you get them done at lol? I also need some rubber water seals that go around inside the door panels I dont know if you guys know what im talking about ill take a pic if I have too. Really I just need my door panels put back on, hatch interior back on and carpet in the back.
[font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][color="Red"]My reaction when I got my first FD[/color][/SIZE][/font]:lol: Image

VRx8

Postby VRx8 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:14

Just go to autozone and get a 40amp relay is like 3 dollars. Is not going to fit directly but just make some jumpers.

I'll get a pic for you when I get home Saturday.

Make sure you get the brake issue squared away before you get on that car again. You going to end up inside a 7 eleven or something lol

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:14

I drove the car tonight and then Bobby tested it after that and neither of us had the brake problem again. You didn't tell me about the other lights coming on though Bobby.

I think Excalibur was the place that did mine, but they always chipped pretty easy. Might want to find somewhere else.

Rx7boy719

Postby Rx7boy719 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:14

Oh yea I forgot to tell you this lol. oh dang, how about colortuned? Their site is under construction but on facebook, they have some neat stuff. I hope they aren't too expensive. They are located in Denver (centennial area) so not too far into Denver.

So yea like what Eric said my brakes are fine lol. Im not really to worry about the hatch area I got the cover for it so people wont have to see my gutted hatch lol.

So now the only thing that is really stopping me is updating tags and getting insurance.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:14

There are quite a few powder coaters here in town you could use. I go to a guy just north of Peterson for all my engine parts. Been happy so far. R&S I think is the name.

Rx7boy719

Postby Rx7boy719 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:14

Ah ok then ill check it out. Thanks!

This is was a week ago when the weather was actually nice. My bro wanted a little photo shoot thing going on lol.

Rx7boy719

Postby Rx7boy719 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:14

Today I finally got the interior done in my car! Went to the GhettoFab meet with Eric it was a pretty nice day out. A dummy broke his little honda civic there lol (showoff). On the way there I was rubbing on my tire (rear right wheel) so looks like I have to roll the fenders now. The car drove fine, still little bit of tuning to work on, but other than that it was nice.

Rx7boy719

Postby Rx7boy719 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:14

Not so much updated really car is up on jack stands, sent my rims to go get powder-coated. Hopefully will get them around spring break week. I've also got Eric fender roller, but it's just sitting due to us getting our basement remodeled & it also has been cold lol! Sucks to not have a garage! Hopefully this weekend ill get them rolled ASAP. As soon as I'm done with that I need to do some a little body work on the rear bumper and lil chips on the front fenders. Can't wait till this weather gets warmer!

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”