Another FD in the area

Talk about your Rotaries!
lOOkatme

Re: Another FD in the area

Postby lOOkatme » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:14

I am going to do this with my set up as well for the future, I am using Mica, which is a great insulation barrier. That is when I go EFR 8374 this winter. Can I borrow your downpipe to copy it? I need to get the right angles and such if its possible. makes it a lot easier on me.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:14

lOOkatme wrote:I am going to do this with my set up as well for the future, I am using Mica, which is a great insulation barrier. That is when I go EFR 8374 this winter. Can I borrow your downpipe to copy it? I need to get the right angles and such if its possible. makes it a lot easier on me.

Where do you get Mica? Is it bendable like aluminum? Do you need to put heat barrier tape on it?

lOOkatme

Postby lOOkatme » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:
lOOkatme wrote:I am going to do this with my set up as well for the future, I am using Mica, which is a great insulation barrier. That is when I go EFR 8374 this winter. Can I borrow your downpipe to copy it? I need to get the right angles and such if its possible. makes it a lot easier on me.

Where do you get Mica? Is it bendable like aluminum? Do you need to put heat barrier tape on it?

Mica is a silica based insulation barrier. We used it at my old work for the inside of our high temp ovens (2100F), you can literally hold the heat source directly to the mica and place your hand on the other side of it open palm right on the mica. that is how awesome it is. It is not bendable (atleast the stuff we used), but its excellent at blocking heat. I was figuring to put a thin sheet between the turbine housing and LIM/UIM.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:14

lOOkatme wrote:Mica is a silica based insulation barrier. We used it at my old work for the inside of our high temp ovens (2100F), you can literally hold the heat source directly to the mica and place your hand on the other side of it open palm right on the mica. that is how awesome it is. It is not bendable (atleast the stuff we used), but its excellent at blocking heat. I was figuring to put a thin sheet between the turbine housing and LIM/UIM.

Ooh, I want in on that. I'll talk to you more about how you plan to mount it, and just about it in general.

JTurton7

Postby JTurton7 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:14

I did a thing. Track hood build, Maaaaybe every day if I can get it strong enough.

JTurton7

Postby JTurton7 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:14

OK, It's time to get serious! Anyone know a good place to get an import long block from?

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:14

I think I remember a place called Tiger Japan that people would buy from, but that was years ago. Kevin got his from Japan, right?

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:14

JTurton7

Postby JTurton7 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:14

I took a long break after the damn fuel tank cut me and put me in the ER for stitches. Not going to get as much done this winter as I wanted.
Diff and axles are out and going to get cleaned up and resealed.

In tank surge system with bosch 044 lift pump installed, fairly certain an AEM 380Lph and aftermarket filter is going to fit here after I take the stock stuff out.

JTurton7

Postby JTurton7 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:14

I guess I should post the surge system too.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:14

I envy you having your axles out lol. Was your diff leaking or were you planning on getting it checked out for the noise?

JTurton7

Postby JTurton7 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:14

Yeah, it was leaking from the axle seal.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:14

Where did you get the replacement seals? I'm not even really sure yet what I'm looking for lol.

JTurton7

Postby JTurton7 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:14

Was just going to get em from Ray, should I get all the bearings replaced? Everything spins really smoothly and feels good.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:14

I really don't know. I've never dealt with a diff before. Let me know what you do so I can copy you lol.

One of the guys on Facebook had a Mazdaspeed diff for sale, I was thinking about getting it but I want to make sure it's a good decision first. My stock one has been fine, and so have the axles, so I'm having a hard time convincing myself I need to replace them.

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”