Another FD in the area

Talk about your Rotaries!
JTurton7

Re: Another FD in the area

Postby JTurton7 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:14

Eric you can drive my car any time you want, you should have just stopped by and asked for the keys. Let me get a 16 psi low rpm tune done so you can determine the difference in response. Ill probably finish it up tomorrow. I think I overfilled the oil because it keeps puking it out but its still full. oops.

JTurton7

Postby JTurton7 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:14

Where can I find toe links that aren't just exposed bearings, I want something that will last more than a year.

This won't work for me. I already rebuild the stupid suspension every summer with the solid bushings.

I want something that at least makes an attempt at keeping the suspensions joints clean like this.

any help would be appreciated.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:14

JTurton7 wrote:I'm getting some ignition break up too. So I need to pick up some of those AEM Coils and build a catch can system. Anyone good with making hardlines? I want a hardline coming from the rear turbo oil train to the catch can.

I've been making hard lines out of aluminum lol. I don't think that'll help you though. Adam Griffith made a hard line for that included with his catch can kit, he might be willing to make just the hard line. Or I'm sure you could show someone and they could fab one. Shadowden perhaps? lol

JTurton7 wrote:Eric you can drive my car any time you want, you should have just stopped by and asked for the keys. Let me get a 16 psi low rpm tune done so you can determine the difference in response. Ill probably finish it up tomorrow. I think I overfilled the oil because it keeps puking it out but its still full. oops.

For REEELZ??? I wasn't going to ask to drive it, but that would be optimal I guess lol. Tell you what though, since it's been about two years since I've driven my car lol, let me get mine running first and then we can swap and drive each other's cars. How's that?

JTurton7 wrote:Where can I find toe links that aren't just exposed bearings, I want something that will last more than a year.

This won't work for me. I already rebuild the stupid suspension every summer with the solid bushings.

I want something that at least makes an attempt at keeping the suspensions joints clean like this.

any help would be appreciated.

I got mine from Rotary Extreme about 10 years ago and I think they're still good. Of course I haven't actually checked though, so I could be wrong lol.

JTurton7

Postby JTurton7 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:14

Not a huge fan of ebay stuff, BUT these look like I could add a rubber protector to them and fill with bearing grease. Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/121593645019?lpid=82&chn=ps

Plus ball joint boots

ORRRRRRR pick up some of these

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:14

Unfortunately, I haven't done anything with hard lines. Catch cans, I have. Need to get set up fully for stainless and aluminum before i take any more on though.

JTurton7

Anyone have a 5/8 OD pipe bender? I'm gonna drill a hole in the rear turbo oil drain block off plate and bend/weld a piece of ss tubing to make the passenger side oil catch can tube past the downpipe. That's the goal at least haha

JTurton7

Finally I have found what I'm looking for all in one package.... I just need to find them being sold in america..

http://www.driftworks.com/driftworks-rear-upper-toe-rods-mazda-rx-7.html

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:14

Those are cool!

I looked at mine while I was under the car the other day. My rubber parts are severely degraded lol.

lOOkatme

Postby lOOkatme » Sat May 16, 2015 9:14

JTurton7 wrote:More problems! I was hearing some clunking and having weird on/off throttle wiggling from the rear... Its time for new toe links.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... 707&type=2

could also be your differential bushings. those typically need replacement. becomes a lot more noticeable when the power increases.

VRx8

Postby VRx8 » Sat May 16, 2015 9:14

check Pillow ball bushings

JTurton7

Postby JTurton7 » Thu May 21, 2015 9:14

Pillow balls are only like 5 years old and didn't have any play, diff bushings are solid delrin like everything else. I need to get a pro alignment and see if its still acting wierd.

Completed:
slotted rotors and pads.
Solid toe links... (I went cheap, I hope it doesn't bite me in the ass)

Awaiting installation:
Sakebomb Igniton upgrade
Relocate brake bias control valve in cabin to make room for ign coils
Oil pan vent both sides, hard lines and catch can
FINALLY FINISH TUNE, hopefully no more snags

JTurton7

Postby JTurton7 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:14

Does anyone have a 37 degree pipe flare tool @ 5/8th I can borrow? I don't want to spend 100+ on a tool I'm going to use once.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Mon May 25, 2015 9:14

I have one. It's probably still on the coffee table in the living room if you wanna stop by and get it lol.

JTurton7

Postby JTurton7 » Tue May 26, 2015 9:14

Should I do this?
or this

new coils are in :)

lOOkatme

Postby lOOkatme » Tue May 26, 2015 9:14

I definitely want to get a ride in this car. I might want to step up my turbo later in the year or over the winter. this is one of the turbo's I would like to look at, even with the IWG option. Let me know if you need any help tuning it, or when you are done I can just get a ride.

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”