Build thread

Talk about your Rotaries!
speedjunkie

Re: Build thread

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:14

Saul_Good wrote:
The FC is definitely the heaviest of all the generations. IIRC it was around 2900-3000-ish lbs.

The wear looks normal for a car with camber. Just needs more strong right and left hand sweepers at ~1g's to even it out :64a75f86:

I didn't realize the FC was that much heavier. What's the lightest you've seen one?

I think the tread on the inner edge of the tire is about the same as the outer side though. I don't think my camber is too negative. On a side note, the front wheels almost look like they have positive camber right now lol. I'm gonna get the alignment done again once I get all the suspension stuff finished. I think I'm going to swap back to stock sway bars too.

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:I knew they were the heaviest generation, or at least I think they are. I always assumed they got heavier with each generation, but I think recently someone told me FCs are heavier. I'm not sure. I wouldn't mind getting mine down to FB weight, but as long as I keep it a street car that'll never happen.

I had my black car down to about 2200 lbs with a full interior. FC's are the heaviest.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:14

RX-7 Chris wrote:I had my black car down to about 2200 lbs with a full interior. FC's are the heaviest.

Damn that's light lol.

Let's see, I ordered Swift springs the other night, 9kg for the front and 8kg for the rear. I also bought these ducts for the brake ducting. They're similar to Porsche 911 A arm ducts. The outlet on these is 2.5" so I'll have to have an adapter of some kind to the 3" inlet on the ducting plate. I think this will be my only option if I do 12" wide wheels all around like I'm planning. And I took a pencil etching of the side of the spoke on the wheels and sent it to Alvin. He requested I do that so he could get the angle of the spoke down exactly. He scrapped the old designs and is doing a new one. So hopefully sometime this winter I'll get the CAD and get those cut and maybe by Spring I can have the new wheels on.

I don't remember if I mentioned it but I got the EFR 8374 from Andy a couple weeks ago, and today I ordered the cast manifold from Turblown, along with their inconel studs and gasket. There's a slight problem with this setup for me though. Since I have the Xcessive LIM, I have to find 1/8" of clearance, either by grinding it off the outside of the LIM, which I really don't want to do, or by having a machine shop shave down the flange where it bolts to the engine. However, I actually have to find 1/4" of room because I'm already spacing that manifold out 1/8" with a spacer between it and the engine just so the fuel rails don't touch. Oy vey.

Other than that though, I got a new rifle Saturday since the BX was having a sale of 15% off all firearms. That's the last one I'm buying for a while, it was still pretty expensive lol. It was one I've been wanting though.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:14

Oh I think I bought a replacement bearing for the pulley the other night too haha.

I found a deal on facebook for some RE Amemiya sleek lights, but it's just the lights and mounting bracket, and it's the old style lights that don't have fantastic output but I'll work with that and see what I can do. I also found another guy selling a set of replacement lenses so I figured it was kismet lol. And I have the buckets already so for a couple hundred I'll have a full kit. Not too shabby. I'm still not crazy about cutting into the car to make these fit though.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:14

The bearing came in today, as did the cast manifold from Turblown and the A arm brake ducts. First, the ducts are exactly the same, and I assumed they were supposed to mirror each other. I'm going to message the guy and ask him. Second, I mounted the turbo to the manifold and I really don't see it fitting on the engine without hitting the LIM. But I'm going to mock up an engine on the workbench when I am closer to install and see rather than waste my lower back testing it on the car. One thing about this manifold is it has a slant to it that puts the turbo closer to the manifold. I'm not sure why they did this, other than maybe trying to clear the strut tower. And because of that slant, not only will it probably not fit next to the LIM, I probably won't be able to use my current downpipe since the flange is angled away a bit.

I sent payment for the headlights and I should be sending payment for the clear covers from the other guy very soon. This winter is going to be busier than I had planned.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:14

I got the Swift springs yesterday and I'm sooooo tempted to just go ahead and put them on. I'm possibly more eager about seeing how it rides and handles on those springs than seeing what the change in turbo size feels like.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:14

I'm looking at adding another car to the stable, but it's a bit rare. I'm looking at a specific one right now, but I'm not going to say what it is yet. I'll post pics if and when I get it.

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:14

Is it a Renault Le Car or a Yugo?
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

$crillaTor

Postby $crillaTor » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:14

I vote for a 1997 Lotus Espirit.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:14

RX-7 Chris wrote:Is it a Renault Le Car or a Yugo?

Not quite as awesome as either of those haha. This one is Japanese.

$crillaTor wrote:I vote for a 1997 Lotus Espirit.

That would be awesome, but I don't have that kind of money haha. I'm also not sure if I'd fit in one of those, although the Esprit does look a bit larger than an Elise or Exige.

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:14

Cosmo/REPu/FC/Another FD

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:14

Good guesses. I guess you'll have to wait and see. On the flipside, if I don't end up getting it I'll just say what it was lol. But the loan is approved and I'm waiting for my buddies in NC to go look at it.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:14

Ok it looks like someone else is snagging the car, so I'll just say it. It's a 90 Eunos Cosmo in very good condition. Oh well. I prayed that the deal fall through if I wasn't supposed to get it. I guess this is my sign. Here is a link to the car though.

http://www.japaneseclassicsllc.com/1990 ... 12415.html

Maybe I'll get a GTR instead lol. Someday.

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:14

I called it! What's my prize :D

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:14

I dislike you for making me aware of the page. :)

All of the cars look to be in very good condition. I'm drawn to the Supra myself.

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”