Best exhaust upgrade

Talk about your Rotaries!
dascar

Postby dascar » Sat May 03, 2008 9:14

Got a birthday comin' up in July and I'm hoping to score a new exhaust for the RX8. So, I'm trolling for feedback. I would prefer to veer toward dual exhaust as opposed to a larger single muffler system. I want more power and a nice throatier sound (I understand the Renesis will never sound like a V8). I DO NOT want the obnoxious "motorcycle in a can" sound. So, what options do I have for a street and emissions legal system that sounds and acts meaner????

goldrocket

Postby goldrocket » Sat May 03, 2008 9:14

Here's my favorite place to get rotary perfromance parts. I have a car full of stuff from Mazdatrix.
They are great people to deal with, and i have never had aproblemwith inventory or shipping from them.
RX-8 exhaust systems.
I hope this helps.
Al says
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!:eek:

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Sat May 03, 2008 9:14

I can tell you only that the 8 in no way sounds like a V8 or 6 but in no way sounds like a Honda. Sometimes when my brother takes the 8 around the block at the restraunt and shoots buy the front it sounds like a great sounding bike though if your not paying attention.

If you want we can meet up someday so you could here it. I have a single muffler custom Magnaflow done.

ImageImage

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Sun May 04, 2008 9:14

I've heard the Borla, it's got a great note, as does the GReddy exhaust. Racing Beat Rev8 is a nice exhaust that's fairly mellow, definitely not ricer sounding.

Anh Bi

Postby Anh Bi » Sun May 04, 2008 9:14

Racing Beat, Borla are popular choice for Mazda. I am not quite fond on the way the rotary sounds in general. I prefer the mean high revving note of a high strung engine such like the S2000 or this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iDk3TEPgCA
Not quite sure if you can achieve that with a rotary, but I'd like to know.
ImageImage
<span style="font-family:Tahoma">2002 SSM Acura RSX-S | 2004 Toyota Tacoma AWD V6 SR5 | 1994 Mazda Miata
Flickr
</span>

dascar

Postby dascar » Sun May 04, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ May 4 2008, 08:55 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=44306]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I've heard the Borla, it's got a great note, as does the GReddy exhaust. Racing Beat Rev8 is a nice exhaust that's fairly mellow, definitely not ricer sounding.[/b]

I've used Borla in the past and have been quite happy with them (pricey suckers though). GReddy intriques me. I will definitely listen to some first before I buy. I don't think I can install by myself with my current jacks - need a lift ideally.

coolstorm92

Postby coolstorm92 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:14

espelir ftw

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:14

I wanna post a video now. I think we should have all the 8's that have exhaust post one up. I'll make one tomorrow. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

Sounds nice CS. Mebe a vid with a drive-by?

ImageImage

Buffalo

Postby Buffalo » Tue May 06, 2008 9:14

That was a nice clip. I would love to hear it in person. Hopefully soon.
05 RX-8 RB revi (ram air) intake. ACT prolight flywheel. Clutch Masters stage 1. Axialflow short shifter. Tinted windows.
255 (f) Dunlap 275® Bridgestone

Up Next: Project RX-8!

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”