I bought it! I bought it! I bought it!

Talk about your Rotaries!
dascar

Postby dascar » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (goldrocket @ Apr 29 2008, 06:59 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=43415]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Nick, I'm sorry, but I have to throw you under the bus. Dude, you sell these cars for a living and you didn't give the right explanation. Cosmoline is the chemical they seal cars with when they get shipped, and it is NOT the reason for the smell of oil when the car runs. The detail center cleans all that crap off. Dascar, the reason your RX-8 has a slight smell of oil when it's running is simple. It, along with all other rotary engines burns a small amount of oil in the fuel mix. They don't burn more oil than a refinery either. A stock Mazda rotary is equipped with an oil injection system that sprays an ever so tiny amount of oil into the intake charge in order to lubricate the apex and combustion seals. It is by design, not damage or wear that your car will use oil. Make sure you check you oil level at least once a week. A lot of high performance rotaries don't have the injection, but that is only due to the fact that they require pre-mixed fuel/oil. It is imperative that you check your oil regularly as it is part of the normal operation of the rotary engine to use oil. Rotaries are extremely sensitive to dirty or worn outoil, make sure that you do not go over 3k between oil changes. I know a lot of manufacturers say 5k nowadays, but trust me, keep you oil clean and fresh. Your car will thank you by lasting a long time.[/b]

Stalker, nice entry! So now I want to inquire what oil you recommend we keep these rotaries fed with...

goldrocket

Postby goldrocket » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:14

Check your manual, but mine only sees 20-50 castrol. That's what my engine builder required for wanrranty. But your owners manual will be specific about what weight for what temps. I'm quite sure it will say not to use synthetic as well.
Al says
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!:eek:

STHMotors.com

Postby STHMotors.com » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (goldrocket @ Apr 29 2008, 07:59 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=43415]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Nick, I'm sorry, but I have to throw you under the bus. Dude, you sell these cars for a living and you didn't give the right explanation. Cosmoline is the chemical they seal cars with when they get shipped, and it is NOT the reason for the smell of oil when the car runs. The detail center cleans all that crap off. Dascar, the reason your RX-8 has a slight smell of oil when it's running is simple. It, along with all other rotary engines burns a small amount of oil in the fuel mix. They don't burn more oil than a refinery either. A stock Mazda rotary is equipped with an oil injection system that sprays an ever so tiny amount of oil into the intake charge in order to lubricate the apex and combustion seals. It is by design, not damage or wear that your car will use oil. Make sure you check you oil level at least once a week. A lot of high performance rotaries don't have the injection, but that is only due to the fact that they require pre-mixed fuel/oil. It is imperative that you check your oil regularly as it is part of the normal operation of the rotary engine to use oil. Rotaries are extremely sensitive to dirty or worn outoil, make sure that you do not go over 3k between oil changes. I know a lot of manufacturers say 5k nowadays, but trust me, keep you oil clean and fresh. Your car will thank you by lasting a long time.[/b]

Slow down, I sell these for a living also and there is not a soap in the world that will wash away Cosmiline. And I understand that a refinery see more oil but my point was that this is the only car that you will have to check the oil on each fill up. Stop by and I will give you a ride in a any brand new Mazda (other then RX-8)and you will get a 'burning oil' smell up to about 25 miles. Cosmiline can only be burned off and is on all new Mazda's made in Japan.

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:14

Do you happen to work/live near Sheridan and 36? Saw a stock Winning Blue merging onto 36 east around 4:30 or so today.

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:14

Do you work at a bank or near a bank. Saw a WB 8 off of Alameda and Wads all day yesterday parked in front of the liberty bank but in the back of the lot.

ImageImage

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:14

Do you live near Hell Avenue and Freezing over street? I swear I saw you there today!
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

Colombia28

Postby Colombia28 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CoX-7 @ Apr 29 2008, 08:37 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=43569]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Slow down, I sell these for a living also and there is not a soap in the world that will wash away Cosmiline. And I understand that a refinery see more oil but my point was that this is the only car that you will have to check the oil on each fill up. Stop by and I will give you a ride in a any brand new Mazda (other then RX-8)and you will get a 'burning oil' smell up to about 25 miles. Cosmiline can only be burned off and is on all new Mazda's made in Japan.[/b]

mmmmm i loved the way everything smelled as if it was on fire when i brought my ms3 home. It made my garage smell good :D Its gone now but man did it smell good knowing it was getting broken in and such.
2008 Cosmic Blue Speed3 - NEW :D
2006 Copper Red Mica 3 hatch - SOLD :(
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

MS3_Mafia

Postby MS3_Mafia » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Colombia28 @ Apr 29 2008, 11:20 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=43616]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
mmmmm i loved the way everything smelled as if it was on fire when i brought my ms3 home. It made my garage smell good :D Its gone now but man did it smell good knowing it was getting broken in and such.[/b]

The rumbling smell of our exhaust smells good when the Garage door is closed Andrew... :lol:

Anyways, very nice Blue RX8... Welcome to the Club!
2007 Mazdaspeed3 Sport</span>
-Mazdaspeed Short Ram Intake
-HKS SSQV Bov
-Tein S-Tech Springs
-225/40/18 Nitto Neo Gen Tires on RX-8 Wheels

<span style="color:#FF0000">http://www.JTuned.com

dascar

Postby dascar » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Apr 29 2008, 07:53 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=43572]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Do you happen to work/live near Sheridan and 36? Saw a stock Winning Blue merging onto 36 east around 4:30 or so today.[/b]

Nope. Not me.

dascar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Greek8 @ Apr 29 2008, 09:47 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=43608]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Do you work at a bank or near a bank. Saw a WB 8 off of Alameda and Wads all day yesterday parked in front of the liberty bank but in the back of the lot.[/b]

Not me. I'm way down south in Lone Tree.

dascar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SpeedRacer @ Apr 29 2008, 10:07 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=43612]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Do you live near Hell Avenue and Freezing over street? I swear I saw you there today![/b]

Actually you may have seen me near Hell and Highwater. That's the way I usually come.

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”