AEM CAI

Talk about your Rotaries!
nnj

Postby nnj » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:14

http://www.aempower.com/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=392

So i have an AEM gift certificate just sitting around doing nothing, does anyone use this intake or know anything about it? I've had alot of success with them as a company in the past.

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:14

I beleive it's the same as the Mazdaspeed intake. Why are there two differentmodels though?

ImageImage

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:14

Different models because one is carb compliant one isn't yet.

Also because of the colors...

Another FYI AEM makes all MAzdaspeed intakes like Jimmy said.
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:14

But one is for 2004 and the other is 2005 - 2007. So what's the diff?

ImageImage

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:14

if you look 2004 is carb'd and 2005-2007 isn't

they just had to change something or due to the years had to recarb it and haven't done it yet.
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes

http://www.TitanTuff.com

icon

Postby icon » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:14

i had it. got rid of it because of power loss.
2005 RX-8

Mods: AEM SRI, UR Underdrive Pulleys, Tein S-Tech Springs, COBB Access Port, Greddy SP2 Catback Exhaust

Army RX8

Postby Army RX8 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:14

Ghost had that kit for his. The pic doesnt show but im guessing its the same. His mounted inside the front fascia. Anyways he's now getting rid of it. $388 is pretty expensive. Check out the K&N Typhoon at Modacar. Its cheaper by about $100. http://www.modacar.com/products/Mazda/RX8/...airintakes.html

I have it and can feel the diff. My K&N was a lot easier to install. Didnt take 4 hours like AEM's sayin it takes to install theirs

nnj

Postby nnj » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:14

it would be free so the price isnt really a problem.. but power loss? thats not too encouraging

dinalth

Postby dinalth » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:14

I had this kit for a while came on my 8 when i got it and it seemingly was a no real gain item. I didnt really experience any change when i went back to stock (had a hole around the maf sensor so had to get something done so i didnt dust my motor) only thing i have noticed too different is when i took the stock box and removed the air restriction plates under the air filter it seemed to actually got enough air flow without throwing the maf off. Ive tried a couple different things and am at a loss im looking at the k&n but wondering if itll have the same problem restrictiong the tube size around the maf throwing readings off. So if anyone has any advice im all ears

Buffalo

Postby Buffalo » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:14

I have the racing beat with the ram air intake tube. I love the way it sounds at high rpm's. Howevery i have had to live with the check engine light (CEL) being on since i got the intake. Icon did loose some power but that is not for sure. He didn't dyno before and after so its just an assumption. You know what they saw about those.
05 RX-8 RB revi (ram air) intake. ACT prolight flywheel. Clutch Masters stage 1. Axialflow short shifter. Tinted windows.
255 (f) Dunlap 275® Bridgestone

Up Next: Project RX-8!

icon

Postby icon » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Buffalo @ Apr 21 2008, 01:30 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=42114]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I have the racing beat with the ram air intake tube. I love the way it sounds at high rpm's. Howevery i have had to live with the check engine light (CEL) being on since i got the intake. Icon did loose some power but that is not for sure. He didn't dyno before and after so its just an assumption. You know what they saw about those.[/b]

i converted the aem cold air into a sri and noticed a difference in the higher rmps.
2005 RX-8

Mods: AEM SRI, UR Underdrive Pulleys, Tein S-Tech Springs, COBB Access Port, Greddy SP2 Catback Exhaust

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”