Colorado Grand

Meet and Event Information
Huzer

Colorado Grand

Postby Huzer » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:14

The Colorado Grand is next month, from Sept 16-21.
On Sat, the 21st, is when they have the car show portion, and I'm planning on going up for that. Unfortunately, the event does not coincide with Oktoberfest in Vail this year (which is the two weekends prior). If anyone else wants to meet up for this event, let me know. I haven't decided if I'll head up Friday night or Saturday morning.

http://co1000.com/

The Colorado Grand® is an annual charity tour for 1960 and earlier sports and race cars of distinction. The event was founded in 1989 by Englewood automotive enthusiast Bob Sutherland. Every September at the peak of the fall color season approximately 85 vintage cars are driven in this relaxed, non-competitive event, covering 1,000 miles through the Rockies in five days.

The tour attracts entrants from around the world and always includes several 1920′s and 1930′s cars. Typical makes include Mercedes-Benz, Ferrari, Porsche, Bugatti, Alfa Romeo, Bentley, Aston Martin, Jaguar, Maserati, Allard, and such exotic names as Amilcar, Cisitalia, Squire, Delahaye, and Talbot-Lago.
[color="RoyalBlue"]1992 Miata Project[/color]

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:14

They missed 100 ft 1992 Mazda Miata and 3 ft 2000 Honda S2000 amongst the typical makes.

Might be interested. I think overnight would be better. Would your +1 go without J?

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:14

We're going this year. The Grand ends Friday the 12th and the Concours is Saturday morning. My wife and I will be going up Friday and partaking in Oktoberfest activities and coming back sometime Satuday evening. Should be fun!
[color="RoyalBlue"]1992 Miata Project[/color]

Return to “Colorado Automotive Enthusiasts Meets and Events”