Sonic 225 & Tamarac.....

Meet and Event Information
GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:14

Weather doesn't look to good right now and it's my little cousins 21st B day and we are heading up to the hills. So I won't be there.

ImageImage

Learjet45

Postby Learjet45 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:14

And the morons have started to show up. I can hear it down the street at my house.
[color="Blue"]2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i PZEV - Current Ride, 100% stock[/color]
[color="Gray"]2005 Mazda 6i Pebble Ash Metallic - Dead[/color]

Learjet45

Postby Learjet45 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:14

If I can hear your obnoxious BOV in my bedroom while you're driving on County Line Road down by the Toys R Us, you need a new BOV. (I'm almost all the way down to Quebec St). Seriously, this is annoying while I'm trying to do homework.

hcbr929rr2

Postby hcbr929rr2 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:14

Lol, it was too damn cold last night, I'm gonna try to break out the vette next weekend if its nice enough weather
2012 Mustang GT 5.0 - Kona Blue
1991 Ford F-150 - Red
2004 Corvette Z06 - Torch Red
1988 Nissan 300ZX - Beater White

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:14

Learjet45 wrote:If I can hear your obnoxious BOV in my bedroom while you're driving on County Line Road down by the Toys R Us, you need a new BOV. (I'm almost all the way down to Quebec St). Seriously, this is annoying while I'm trying to do homework.

I think the sanctioned racing organizations agree with you, thus the sound ordinance enforcements at certain venues. Though that is a pretty loud BOV if you can hear it from that far/through a house.

Learjet45

Postby Learjet45 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:14

AuroraAxela and Motrose, in regards to those groans on my posts:
I have nothing against people meeting up and enjoying looking at other people's cars. But that's what it needs to stay at. There's no reason to be driving insanely fast down County Line Road and try to show off when you go to these meets. I went to the Starbucks meets last summer once or twice and it wasn't nearly as bad as this. BUT, you CAN'T get upset with me for calling people morons for showing up and screwing around like a bunch of monkeys on crack. There are reasons why these same people have gotten kicked out of places like the Sonic off 225 and Starbucks on colorado blvd. So, have fun, enjoy yourselves at the meet, but when I can hear you doing a 1st through 3rd pull and hear you BOV up in my bedroom over a mile down the road, well those people are exactly the reason why people have a general dislike of "tuners" and such.

It's the EXACT opposite of those quotes you might normally hear. In this case, hate the sinner, love the sin. Or hate the player, not the game. It's a select few that ruin things, it's not the event itself.

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:14

Dude your house may need more insulation or something if it's really that bad and you don't have a window open and are that far away. I live right off a main street and can barley hear road traffic. I can hear when people with exhaust and BOV go by but not so much that it will annoy me or bother my TV viewing or break my concentration.

I'm sure when I go to one of these meets and my car backfires everyone in you r neighborhood will be freaking out cause they'll probably think it's a gun being fired. "Oh my those car gang members from Denver are firing guns. This used to be such a safe neighbor hood."

In all seriousness, I don't live at your house so I don't know how bad/annoying it is. I'm not there to see how bad people are goofing around. Quebec is over a mile away from the TRU so I just can't imagine it being "that" loud.

ImageImage

hcbr929rr2

yeah I have to agree, I live a mile south of tru (off yosemite and park meadows drive, might even be less then a mile) and I can't hear a thing from TRU even if I stand out front my place....

1991 Ford F-150 - Red

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:14

I still don't like loud blow off vlaves, but that is a taste thing...or turbo envy...or both.

Generally speaking, are people pretty cool and not all posturing? I like to look at the cars and see them, but don't really need to be somewhere with a bunch of illegal ish going down.

Seems like the consensus is that these are a lot of fun though. So maybe this Sunday.

Learjet45

GR-8 wrote:Dude your house may need more insulation or something if it's really that bad and you don't have a window open and are that far away. I live right off a main street and can barley hear road traffic. I can hear when people with exhaust and BOV go by but not so much that it will annoy me or bother my TV viewing or break my concentration.

I'm sure when I go to one of these meets and my car backfires everyone in you r neighborhood will be freaking out cause they'll probably think it's a gun being fired. "Oh my those car gang members from Denver are firing guns. This used to be such a safe neighbor hood."

In all seriousness, I don't live at your house so I don't know how bad/annoying it is. I'm not there to see how bad people are goofing around. Quebec is over a mile away from the TRU so I just can't imagine it being "that" loud.

I live right near County Line Road with where my house is placed in my neighborhood. It might be people trying to show off and speed down County Line towards Quebec, but it's obnoxious. I don't necessarily think what I'm hearing is all the way still down at TRU, but probably people drag racing down county line or just being idiots and speeding down county line instead. It's still annoying.

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:14

To say that people don't act (and moreover drive) like tools, after leaving from "a tuner-car rally" is like saying that fights never break out at UFC events.

Yeah, we all understand that it's more the exception than the rule, but if dude says he hears people screaming by his house at full-zoot, are we really that naive to think that he's making it up, or that the his house lack sufficient sound damping?? I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and go ahead and say that he probably does hear some of these morons.

Best we can do to counter the d-baggery, is to try not to be one of them (or better yet at least wait until we can get out on the interstate - At least there's room to give it the whip, out there!) And yeah... as somebody that has been to 2 of the past 3 meetups on County Line, I can go ahead and give you an affirmative that there are people revving like goons (sitting still in the parking lot no less!), and also tearing WOT down the adjacent city streets; County Line being one of them.
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

This is Bunny. Bunny has the following mods: BNR Supercars GT28RS TC - Mazdaspeed CAI - ACT Streetlite CK - Vibrant TIP - Extreme Turbo Systems TMIC - SLS Performance TP - Magnaflow CBE - James Barone Racing SSP & HSK - Cobb AP - Xcarlink iPod integrator - VG Sharkfin - RX-8 Wheels - Fiber Images CF Hood w/BCM accents

hcbr929rr2

Arapahoe county was getting em left and right last night though, it was great to see the tards getting pulled over for doing dumb shit

1991 Ford F-150 - Red

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:14

hcbr929rr2 wrote:Arapahoe county was getting em left and right last night though, it was great to see the tards getting pulled over for doing dumb shit

About time they got smart. As long as they have 2 officers monitoring County Line, one in each direction of traffic, it should calm people down.

As far as me thinking the complaint that it's annoying is made up, I don't think it is but more so a little exaggerated from what I got from the first posts. The noise from TRU being heard from a mile away, that sounded far-fetched. Only reason I pointed out insufficient noise dampening is because I have had my brothers neighbor come out and yell at me because I was warming up the 8 and getting ready to leave one night at 11:30. He lives across the street, my car was in front of my brothers house. The 8 is, IMHO, not loud just sitting idle. From inside my brothers house you can't hear the car and my nephews room (6Mo old) at the time was right beside the 8. So a difference in sound dampening could play a role.

Well just leave it at from what I gathered it sounded a little to whiny. But with Learjet now stating that the noise he hears is from cars driving by going to and from makes more sense than the initial I hear them from a mile away.

And I do agree. We as a club should not be acting like them and have the respect for people that live in the area.

ImageImage

Learjet45

Not trying to whine about it. Just really frustrated, and it's for the same reason that people who don't know anything about the cars and imports and tuning and such generally dislike the group as a whole. Obviously someone isn't doing a 1st through 3rd gear pull in the parking lot, but they do sh*t close enough to my house that I can hear it. And when I'm trying to work on homework for school or sleep so I'm not dead tired all day because I actually am up by 5:50 every morning if not earlier. I have to get up that early to get ready and get to school, and when the people are being obnoxious enough that it distracts me from my work or sleep, I get mad. There's no reason people shouldn't all be able to get together somewhere like the TRU, chat about cars, and appreciate what others have done. But that shouldn't have to include drag racing, excessive revving or engine noise and disrupting people that live in the area. Sadly, there's morons that think they have to do this to be "cool", leading to stupidity and plenty of tickets to go around. A select few ruin it for just about everyone more often than not.

hcbr929rr2

Postby hcbr929rr2 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:14

This sunday the weather is supposed to be gorgeous! I think my little wifey might even attend lol

1991 Ford F-150 - Red

Return to “Colorado Automotive Enthusiasts Meets and Events”