Skitrain

Meet and Event Information
MazdaGurl

Postby MazdaGurl » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:14

UPDATED 10/24/07

Seems like this might be another big event worth planning! We have a couple of options, I'd like to see what you guys think, then we'll book our trip for mid-January. Keep in mind, for the lodging, the more we have going, the cheaper the rates will be. Once I have a count, I'll be able to start getting quotes.

Every season there is a train that leaves Union Station and goes up to Winter park. Anyone interested? I will get prices tomorrow.

It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it.

Greek8: I swear Angie has some sort of freak car.

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:14

Yeah get prices! I'm interested!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MazdaGurl @ Sep 30 2007, 02:01 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=2521]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Every season there is a train that leaves Union Station and goes up to Winter park. Anyone interested? I will get prices tomorrow.[/b]
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

LM

Postby LM » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MazdaGurl @ Sep 30 2007, 02:01 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=2521]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Every season there is a train that leaves Union Station and goes up to Winter park. Anyone interested? I will get prices tomorrow.[/b]

I'm interested...although not a big fan of Winter park.... [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.gif[/img] ...I'm in.

Anh Bi

Postby Anh Bi » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:14

I got the summit pass here. A. Basin, Keystone and Breck >.>
ImageImage
<span style="font-family:Tahoma">2002 SSM Acura RSX-S | 2004 Toyota Tacoma AWD V6 SR5 | 1994 Mazda Miata
Flickr
</span>

ZoomPrincess

Postby ZoomPrincess » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:14

I'm in! Just need enough notice to find a babysitter for the little guy

Regulator

Postby Regulator » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:14

Been there, done that! Great times. The tickets were gifts though so I don't know prices [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Interested!
[color="Silver"]Old: 2004 Mazda6, 2006 MS6[/color]
New: 2010 EVO X MR - 400hp, 360tq

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Anh Bi @ Sep 30 2007, 03:28 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=2534]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I got the summit pass here. A. Basin, Keystone and Breck >.>[/b]

The Ski-3 for me! Although, I need to replace my old Atomic's since the last pair were stolen. Grrr.

I'm game for a ride up to the hills once the season hits!

MazdaGurl

Postby MazdaGurl » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:14

Okie dokie, poking around a bit. If we decide to do the ski-train to winter park, the tickets cost about $104, and that includes the lift tickets!

The Ski-3 pass is a season pass for $409.00 per adult.

Copper Mountain has a nice deal going:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The Copper Four Pass gets you four days of skiing or riding at Copper for only $119 - that's less than $30 per day! The Four Pass is a picture ID pass (just like the season pass) and is non-transferable. If you're interested in a transferable pass, check out the Copper TransFour card.

The NEW and IMPROVED TransFour Card, only $179

Four days of skiing or riding for less than $45 per day
Good at both Copper and Winter Park
Transferable between friends and family. (One use per day)[/b]

Does anyone know of anything else they'd like me to check into? What is the consensus vote?

ZoomPrincess

Postby ZoomPrincess » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:14

I probably won't be able to do anything like this until the beginning of the year :-( and will only be able to do the weekends.

RedRoadster

Postby RedRoadster » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:14

Yeah, I'm down for this.. for my one or two trips a year.. People tend to look at the Miata with the top down with skis sticking out of the passenger seat kinda funny...

Although last time I went to Monarch, it was actually too freakin' cold to leave the top down the whole way there.
95 Classic Red Miata - 'Kona'
Racing Beat Sways, AEM WB O2 sensor, ACT clutch, Ground Control Springs, Bilstein HDs, Fat Cat bumpstops, 95 stock 14s (winter) or 99 sport 15s (summer)
Flyin' Miata stuff:
FM II Link GT2560R turbo, Butterfly brace, N/A dual exhaust, Oil filter relo kit, Rear shock mounts

08 Sunlight Silver Mazda 3s GT Sedan - 'Tuna'
OEM Wing spoiler, Sirius and Media switcher

05 Onyx Black Mazda 6i Hatchback - 'Smokey'

Co626

Postby Co626 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:14

I'll go

mazda3co

Postby mazda3co » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:14

I would be game, too - love Copper. In addition, many of the resorts have tubing hills which would be awesome for those who don't like skiing or boarding. If we can get enough people, I recommend renting a condo for a Fri night-Sat night (nowhere near any major holidays) and people can do what they want! I did it last year with some friends and it was the best time ever!

ZoomPrincess

Postby ZoomPrincess » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NickMan7 @ Oct 18 2007, 03:58 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=6464]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I would be game, too - love Copper. In addition, many of the resorts have tubing hills which would be awesome for those who don't like skiing or boarding. If we can get enough people, I recommend renting a condo for a Fri night-Sat night (nowhere near any major holidays) and people can do what they want! I did it last year with some friends and it was the best time ever![/b]

something like this I might be able to afford, we will have to wait and see what money situation is like onces we get a date set and etc. Sounds like so much fun, it's so hard to pass up a fun trip like this!

MazdaGurl

Postby MazdaGurl » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NickMan7 @ Oct 18 2007, 03:58 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=6464]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I would be game, too - love Copper. In addition, many of the resorts have tubing hills which would be awesome for those who don't like skiing or boarding. If we can get enough people, I recommend renting a condo for a Fri night-Sat night (nowhere near any major holidays) and people can do what they want! I did it last year with some friends and it was the best time ever![/b]

I was thinkig the same thing myself...or getting a group rate at the Best Western in Frisco. Imagine the party! [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/61424796.gif[/img]

mazda3co

Postby mazda3co » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:14

I have only met Josh (it looks like everyone calls him Asshat, but I'll wait until Saturday to start calling him names), but from the threads I've read, a party it would be!! [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] Money would definitely be an issue, but that's why big groups are so great - not only would we get a group discount, but if everyone splits the cost evenly, the trip becomes much cheaper per individual. So scholastic, I know.

Return to “Colorado Automotive Enthusiasts Meets and Events”