Automotive collision repair schools

Off Topic Discussion. These posts do count towards overall post count. This is by far the best subforum on the site.
_AlexTM

Automotive collision repair schools

Postby _AlexTM » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:14

Does anyone have any input on this? Best in CO or where i should consider etc... Im tired of sitting around so i figure its time to do something
SOLD 2004 Mazda3 hatch

2004 Java Black Pearl Forester XT :D

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:14

you could look up at wiotech.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

_AlexTM

Postby _AlexTM » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:14

I did, although they dont offer that course in CO
SOLD 2004 Mazda3 hatch

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:14

School? What's that? Experience is where it's at... Sniff around, try to find an entry level spot somewhere?

I prefer the school of hard knocks...

EDIT: http://www.rrcc.edu/autotech/

Not sure how many ladies you'd meet in that program, but comb the campus...you'll find some likely candidates.
one and one makes two, together we are free

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:14

red rocks is a good school.

PPCC is another good option. http://www.ppcc.edu/app/catalog/current/automotive-collision-technology.htm
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

_AlexTM

Postby _AlexTM » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:14

My thing is I can't go and take bullshit classes like math and English to go along with the body repair course. I'd just drop out and waste money haha. That's why Lincoln seems like a good option plus the other classes id take are beneficial ie welding, suspension and brakes etc...
SOLD 2004 Mazda3 hatch

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:14

Oh shiite, Lincoln.. can't believe I didn't think of that.
Cool idea, how much does that cost I wonder?
one and one makes two, together we are free

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:14

_AlexTM wrote:My thing is I can't go and take bullshit classes like math and English to go along with the body repair course. I'd just drop out and waste money haha. That's why Lincoln seems like a good option plus the other classes id take are beneficial ie welding, suspension and brakes etc...

I get your drift, but don't consider math or english to be BS curriculum. Physical Education at a University level is a BS class.

Lincoln would be my suggestion. I think it is better to learn things the way they are supposed to be done, then when you start working, they will show you how they do them. You know twice as much that way.

I'm currently spending a little personael time in our metal shop at work (welding, cutting, grinding, bending, etc.). The time there flies by way faster than when I am piloting my desk.

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:14

_AlexTM wrote:My thing is I can't go and take bullshit classes like math and English to go along with the body repair course. I'd just drop out and waste money haha. That's why Lincoln seems like a good option plus the other classes id take are beneficial ie welding, suspension and brakes etc...

Seems BS and I thought that too when i went to college. But you'll need the math for when you are providing estimates and the english to articulate to a customer and your boss what has been done. Both used for documentation which is very important when you work in/for a business.

People, myself included, get caught up in the 'craft' of something that they forget they're learning a skill so they can earn and income. That income is usually associated w/some sort of business dealings/interchanges, therefore the BS stuff we think we don't need when we're young comes back to bite us in the ### later when we're older.

Return to “Lounge”